Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It would be kinda cool

I have to say that it would be kind of cool to have the Muppet babies on DVD, but to be honset it's not really a must have for my collection. I would rather have all five seasons of The Muppet show and Fraggle Rock, before the Muppet babies. :wink:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
It's really one of the last must have's for me.

I'd like Real Ghostbusters on DVD in season sets (not this random stuff) and Muppet Babies. Those are my last two must have's.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I checked the DVD website and noticed that they are releasing The Real Ghostbusters, but just random eps not season by season sets. I think the reason for that is because season two was about a hundred something episodes, so it would take a long time to set up a disk set of that whole season. Besides I haven't really seen that show in years (other than the two eps that are bonus features on the Ghostbusters II DVD), so releasing it anyway is good for me. Besides it's cheaper that way.

Sorry to get off the topic of Muppet Babies, but I didn't read the first post. I just read Mustang's last post and thought I'd voice my opinion on that. I'll go back to the beginning of the thread and see what the heck everybody's talking about. Lol.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, it would be nice, but it's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it. I totally remember wacthing the Muppet Babies reruns on Nick. So if it were to come out, yeah, maybe I would buy it, mostly likely I would. But overall it's not like it's a huge must have, as I stated before I would much rather have all five seasons of Fraggle Rock and The Muppet Show on DVD before the Muppet Babies, that's just how I feel about, frist Muppet show and Fraggles than the babies. As for as the Real Ghostbusters, that would also be kind of cool, but to be honset I was happy that there were just the two cartoons on the DVD set. Speaking special DVD set and I'm sorry to ask this in a way, becuase I know this is a Muppet and Jim Henson site, But I'm also a huge Tim Burton fan. I heard something of a BeetleJuice Special DVD set, anyone have news on that. I hope that do what Ghostbusters did and have a least two of the Beetlejuice cartoons as well. So many DVDs I would like to buy and hope to be made, so little money for the DVDs. :smile: :wink:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
I've always been a "set" fan myself. For space and convience purposes, I'd rather shell out the $25-$35 bucks and have it one sitting.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Yeah, but a lot of people don't want the whole show. So many shows go through this with DVD releases. There are two groups of consumers. People who want everything (i.e. season sets). And then the people who just want a few episodes to wet their appetite, test out to see if they really life it (or still enjoy it), something fun to share with friends, or just to be nostalgic over. They don't want to sit down and watch hours upon hours of a show. They would rather just pay $10 for 3-4 episodes than pay $40 for 22 episodes. They don't want 22 episodes - they just want 1-2. So why pay an additional $30 for something you don't want (i.e. 18 more episodes you don't care about).

Personally I love seasons sets and hope more shows get the treatment, but you also have to allow studios to release 1-5 smaller releases for the other kind of consumer who just wants a little for cheap.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm a season fan myself. But yeah what you are saying makes total sense. I think it would be nice to have season sets of Muppet Babies. But for now let's just look forward to the season 2 of Fraggle Rock and hopefully season 2 of the Muppet Show, which to be honset I would rather have, right now.:smile:

Marky

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
I'm a season fan myself. But yeah what you are saying makes total sense. I think it would be nice to have season sets of Muppet Babies. But for now let's just look forward to the season 2 of Fraggle Rock and hopefully season 2 of the Muppet Show, which to be honset I would rather have, right now.:smile:
The show is kind of dated, and would probably only sell to the hard-core fans in any quanity, in my opinion. I'm kind of surprised it has its own section here to be honest.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Marky said:
The show is kind of dated, and would probably only sell to the hard-core fans in any quanity, in my opinion. I'm kind of surprised it has its own section here to be honest.
I think it holds up better than most actually because there's a def. thought process behind it.

Personally I find that it hold's up far better than other shows released on DVD from the 80's: Transformers, He-Man, Mario Bros., Zelda, ect.

Heck I was actually quite impressed with how well Ninja Turtles holds up, mainly because it doesn't take itself too seriously. It knows it's a tv show and it breaks down that invisible fourth wall.