1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet cartoon by Lowercasegods

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by lowercasegods, Nov 17, 2005.

1. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Okay, this isn't going to be easy. I want to warn anyone who is content with Brian Henson's decision making in the past two years to please avoid this cartoon. I'm not out to offend anyone's sensibilities.

I drew this cartoon for my college paper back when Brian first sold the Muppets to Disney, and I've avoided posted it here for various reasons. But with his most recent interview, I've gotten the feeling that he's really lost all compassion and care for the Muppets. And given the lackluster way Disney's been handling the Muppets, it seems my cartoon's vision is pretty close to the truth. So for those who are less than pleased about Brian's handling of the whole situation, here's my cartoon. And I stress again, for those people who enjoy my work yet are happy with how things are going with the Muppets, for your own good, please don't view this link.

http://www.cm-life.com/vnews/display.v?TARGET=showImage&article_id=4035913f36e7a&image_num=1
  2. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

You do GREAT artwork Lowercasegods!!!!!!!!!! :excited: More please!;)
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Now that is funny! I loved it LCG. Keep them coming.
  4. Timotheus

Timotheus New Member

Uff da! Talk about biting commentary.
    I like how you put the names on the arms...I know that's typical for political style cartoons, but it reminds me of the work of Thomas Nast.
  5. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Wow! I consider such a comparison a real compliment! Nast is practically the father of American editorial cartooning. Thank you!
  6. Timotheus

Timotheus New Member

:) You're welcome.
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Awesome work, Jay!
  8. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I like it. I think it makes a statement and I am definately not offended by it. You have some real talent lowercasegods. I always enjoy your cartoons political or not. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  9. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

*nods* I don't want to start a flame war with my opinion of the Disney buyout or of Brian Henson's attitude; I remember the last time my posts turned people's temper ugly on this forum. Still, your cartoon expresses some Muppet fans' cynicism exceptionally well.
  10. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

That hairdresser had better know karate, or he'll land in BIIIIG trouble before you can say "Who, moi?" Great visual gags!
  11. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I'm in between when it comes to Brian and Disney. But I think you have a great idea of where the companies will head if someone doesn't step up soon and take control.
  12. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

You know, regardless of how anyone feels about my Brian Henson cartoon, I'd just like to express how good it feels for me to be able to share the cartoon with people who actually get it! When I first drew the cartoon, it ran in the pages of my college newspaper. And I'd wager that 99% of the readers on campus just didn't get it (the 1% who did were in my innermost circle of friends). Heck, I'd go further to assume they didn't even know who Brian Henson was. A few more would probably be shocked to find out that Jim's deceased! So what I'm saying is, I totally appreciate all you fellow Muppet fans out there who understood this cartoon. It totally validates my work for me. You guys rule!
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ooh! Aah! That's...ripe. I think it's a really, really clever and brilliant cartoon! I may disagree with the principle a little, but that takes nothing from the amazing capability that brought such a cartoon to life! I laughed, and yet, it makes me feel sad.
  14. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Hey, as long as the cartoon made you feel something, then it's all good!
  15. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

I went to your account....Your other Muppet comics are really great, and I love your Sin City Charactaturs.
  16. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

an Idea for Lowercasegod

I have a request can you draw one with animal on the couch being anlalized by a muppet??
  17. Beauregard

That's a cool idea, I like it. *starts begging LCG for it*
  18. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

It's beena good long while guys, so I hope there's a couple of you out there who still remember me. I'm dropping off a new Muppet cartoon and I hope you enjoy it. It's a Super Grover piece which parodies the upcoming Superman Returns movie. Here's the description I gave on Deviantart for those who are interested:

"....that's Grover as Super Grover, and that's Fat Blue (Grover's ever suffering customer from his waiter sketches on Sesame Street) as Lex Bluthor, and Prairie Dawn (with the addition of brown hair to better connect her to Lois Lane) as Prairie Lane. As a point of interest, the name "Prairie Lane" is probably going to prompt me to do a Sesame Street/Beatles parody at some point down the road (or street, as the case may be)."

http://www.deviantart.com/view/34955395/
  19. Beauregard

Oooh ack! That blue monster is Nekkid!

;) Love it as always man.
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You know... I'd like to get in on reviewing these because others say you show great talent LCG. Unfortunately, due to my blind batty eyes, I can't really appreciate images on a computer screen and must rely on textual descriptions to know what's going on.
    So if you, or maybe others can help by posting descripts to go along with the visuals... That'd be great.
    Also, I'm looking for a talented drawing artist to bring some of my own stuff to actual 2-D reality. LMK if you're interested, hope to hear back soon.