1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet cartoon by Lowercasegods

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by lowercasegods, Nov 17, 2005.

1. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Normally I'd jump at the chance to contribute to a project like yours, Count, but unfortunately my artistic schedule is pretty full these days (which explains the huge lapses of time between my cartoon postings). But to aid your other request, here's a description of the cartoon: Supergrover is swooping down upon an even balder-than-usual Fat Blue who is roughing up Prairie Dawn. I gave Prairie brown hair to better connect her to Lois Lane, and made Blue balder to represent Lex Luthor. Hope that helps!
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

That's OK LCG... Hopefully, Bo's talking to a pair of crazy Dane dames who might help.
    And good and funny cartoon... Hee, Mr. Johnson as Lex Bluther.
    Wait! Someone help Prairie Lane! Can't stand anything bad happen to Prairie.
  3. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Can somebody help me here? I'd always thought the character was known as Fat Blue, but in the last fifften minutes, a couple people have told me he's called Mr. Johnson! Was I wrong all this time? Are they known by both names? Did I make Fat Blue up, like Brad Pitt's character in Fight Club? AM I IN ALL ACTUALITY FAT BLUE??? Okay, just kidding about that last part.
  4. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

He's called Fat Blue because his base puppet is Fat and Blue. Apparantly peple have managed to figure out over time that his name is Mr. Johnson, but honestly, I just call him Fat Blue.
    Also, super cute comic!
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... To expand on what Mrs. P commented...
    The Muppet known as "Fat Blue" has been assigned that name by most, but they'd be somewhat misinformed. See "Fat Blue" is the type of generic Anything Muppet he falls into because of his characteristic big fat blue round head. However, in a sketch where Grover posed as a singing telegram delivery monster, one of the last verses (the one that's actually the correct one) he says that this character's proper name is Mr. Johnson.
    Mr. Johnson is the one who has the fat blue round head, brown hair and brown mustache.
    Simon the Sound Man, almost identical, has black hair and mustache instead.
    Both are voiced by Jerry Nelson and sometimes spark confusion between viewers.
    Since "Fat Blue" is his Anything Muppet classification and Mr. Johnson is his real name, I have him as Mr. Johnson in the Muppet Listings threads.
    Hope this helps clear up things LCG.
  6. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I'm guessing that he was named "Fat Blue" in the scripts since the Workshop preferred him without a name (he's been listed as "Mr. Blue", "Grover's Customer", and, by Grover, "Little Blue Man"), and that name was used in the "Unpaved" book.
  7. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

no he is named and it is in Sesame Street Unpaved book
    Fat Blue.
  8. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

"Fat Blue" describes several characters built from that pattern; there are other "Fat Blue" Muppets besides the one who can't get decent service from Grover. I'm on the "Mr. Johnson" side of the debate myself: First, no one ever addresses him as "Fat Blue", although Grover's descriptions sometimes come close. Second, the first singing-telegram sketch dates back to the late 1980s if I remember correctly: that's before Henson's death in 1990, let alone the drastic changes (at least ten years later). Third, a newer sketch still has Grover calling Mr. Johnson by that name: with two widely separate sketches confirming it, I'd consider "Mr. Johnson" a bona-fide canonical name for that particular Fat Blue.
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Check it out! Jay did a caricature of Kristen Chenoweth! She plays Ms. Noodle on SS. Awesome work as always, Jay! Man I love this guy's work! :excited:
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey! That's totally cool!
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Great job Jay. Did he do her that way becuase she used to do the voice of Sally on the Peanuts or what?
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

It says below that she was in the peanuts musical, or something.
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Oh.
  14. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Kristen won the Tony award a few years back for playing Sally Brown in the Broadway production of "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown". Though she's been doing a lot of TV and movie work since, I felt using her performance as Sally would be the best visual for a caricature of her.
  15. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I'm trying to bump this thread back into life after a long time of dormancy.

For those who don't know me, hi! I'm Lowercasegods, otherwise known as Jay Fosgitt. I'm a cartoonist and a Muppets fan.

A few years back I began posting some of my Muppet cartoons here on MC. I'm considering starting back up again, but I want to gauge the popularity of my work first.

So please feel free to go to the beginning of this thread (if you haven't already), check out my work and let me know what you think. If there's no interest, I can dig it. I'll just keep my Muppet art to myself. But if there is interest, let me know and I'll make more to share with you guys soon!
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Of course there's interest. Any art--especially Muppet art--is most welcome!
  17. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I just looked at all of your past cartoons and they are amazing! I would definitely love to see more of them!
  18. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Thank you! I have an idea with long-forgotten Sesame Street Muppet Roosevelt Franklin that I'm anxious to try!
  19. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Great to have you back, Jay! I can't wait to see the home runs you've got to show us next!
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. Be able to bring home the bacon, so to speak. *gets chopped by Miss Piggy*