Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Did anybody have a Big Wheel? What was on yours? Mine was The Cabbage Patch Kids :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Rebel Without A Fin"

The episode is on youtube.

Man, That's one of the episodes I really didn't care for. That one and Mutegen monster are 2 of my least favorites. Plus, I really thought the fact they kept purposely mispronouncing the villain's name over and over got tired after the 3rd time.

Personally, I loved the first 5 episodes. The epic storyline and Bebop and Rocksteady being a serious threat to the Turtles, instead of just comic releif... I just wish they didn't continue to deteriorate their intellect over the course of the show, so they were just "those dumb guys." Plus Toei had some good animation when the 3rd episode came around. They REALLY screwed up on the first one. There was even a shot with 5 Turtles.

But when it comes down to it, I loved a lot of what they did in the Archie comic version better. They had a better version of Leatherhead, as well as Screwloose and Wingnut. The cartoon just trashed Screwloose and Wingnut.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And on a side note, anyone remember Uncle Klunck? He looks like a guy I would have loved to hate! lol.:big_grin:
I do! And I did loathe him. Unfortunately, a lot of the male "guest star" robots were basically older, B-lister characters refitted (ex: Santa for Christmas was Uncle Klunk decked in Claus garb, a Micheal Jackson lion was basically The King robot [I bet one could guess why the robot was called The King, considering the original sang Elvis songs & wore an Elvis-esque jumpsuit] dressed in a Thriller-esque getup). Fortunately though for the Rocketfire Explosion, its stars (namely Billy Bob, Looney Bird, Fats Gorrilla, and all the others) have been seen in specific restaurants not associated with the ShowBiz/Chuck E. Cheese brand (in fact, Billy & Looney each have restaurants of their own now [ex: one is called Billy Bob's Wonderland]).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I always wanted to go to a Bullwinkle's Pizza (ever since I heard about it, sadly in the 90's) much more. It was the same exact thing as Chuck E and Showbiz, only with Bullwinkle robots. And they even had Bill Scott, Paul Frees and June Foray record their character voices.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Personally, I always wanted to go to a Bullwinkle's Pizza (ever since I heard about it, sadly in the 90's) much more. It was the same exact thing as Chuck E and Showbiz, only with Bullwinkle robots. And they even had Bill Scott, Paul Frees and June Foray record their character voices.
Sounds interesting.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Incidentally, the commercials made the place feel more fun than it was in actuality.
Maybe, but I never got to go at all when I was little..not once:cry:...So even a little bit of that fun would have been better than the nothing I was use to :sympathy:...