Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I went there sometimes, but not very often.

Actually, the place I never got to go to at all, unless it was somebody's birthday party, was Chuck E. Cheese :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I did not go to Chuck E. Cheese my whole life until I was 21..I loved it :3!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Did anybody have a Big Wheel? What was on yours? Mine was The Cabbage Patch Kids :smile:
I had one! It was a cabbage patch kids one by the way. It used to be my older cousins but she out grew it. But it being Cabbage patch kids one didn't stop me from riding it!:big_grin:

I always wanted to go to Toysrus, the 80's commercials for them were so fun :smile:!
What you're never been before?

I went there sometimes, but not very often.

Actually, the place I never got to go to at all, unless it was somebody's birthday party, was Chuck E. Cheese :stick_out_tongue:
I rememebr going there quite a few times when I was younger. I think the last time I've been to one was maybe around seven years ago. My day just want I I could figure out why, but I wasn't complaining...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I remember going to both ShowBiz--and later Chuck E. Cheese--and ToysRUs during my childhood. The Rockafire Explosion though, in my books, bests Chuck's band anyday! As to ToysRUs, ours had a special incentive...you could actually PLAY with the toys before buying!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Showbiz Pizza and The Rock a-fire Explosion own Chuck E Cheese and his pals, from the old Chuck E Cheese Pizza Time Theater from the late 70's and 80's to what Chuck E Cheese is today.

The group that provided the voices and creative shows for the Fatz, Billy Bob and company for the Showbiz Pizza bots were really smart and creative. They did an entire 15 minute show dedicated to several songs from The Beatles "Abbey Road" album starting with "You Never Give Me Your Money" all the way to the end song "Her Majesty".

Now I ask you, has Chuck E Cheese done anything like that in their history? Nope.

And who can forget "Sal's Birthday" with Billy Bob singing the beginning lyrics consisting of "We're having a birthday party. Today is a special one. And having a birthday party is a lot of fun." (I got the song several years ago and is now part of my cd collection as well as a song I have on my i pod).

Or how about "The Music Goes Round and Round" sung by Fatz? Or "Smooth Criminal" sung by Beach Bear?

For more information and to research the characters and watch videos (yes there are videos of shows with Showbiz Pizza and Chuck E Cheese) visit www.showbizpizza.com

It's a place where everyone can be a kid!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Showbiz Pizza and The Rock a-fire Explosion own Chuck E Cheese and his pals, from the old Chuck E Cheese Pizza Time Theater from the late 70's and 80's to what Chuck E Cheese is today.
I would've loved to go to a Showbiz Pizza, but I was born to little too late. Stupid consept unifacation. oh well, there's going to be a documentary about the Rock A-Fire Explosion out this fall, which i hope will get a DVD release.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
For more information and to research the characters and watch videos (yes there are videos of shows with Showbiz Pizza and Chuck E Cheese) visit www.showbizpizza.com

It's a place where everyone can be a kid!
In the history section, I recall certain periods, such as when our small town ShowBiz Pizza Place was converted into Pizza Time Inc. with Billy Bob & his Rock-afire Explosion crew fased out completely for Chuck E. Cheese & Munch's Make-Believe Band. Unfortunately, our store--despite Concept Unification--still failed and ultimately, was done in and changed to a cable company, which stinks, because the cable company can't decide who to give cable to & I would much rather have a local family-friendly atmosphere like SBPP/PTI/CEC than just a town with mere shopping centers, schools, churches, and daycare facilities. With the children and future generations we have, we would need CEC to come back!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Bring back Showbiz Pizza.
Aggred. Like i said, I would've loved to go to a Showbiz Pizza Place, but that was before my time. Thank goodness for fans of the Rock A-Fire who keep the show alive, and by keeping the animatronics in great shape, since all the other public shows (the ones that are left) are in horrable condision.