Muppet DVD Problems/Mistakes

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
ZootandDingo said:
Well folks, we can add a new addition to the list of DVD differences. "Rocky Mountain Holiday" is edited...the scene with John teaching Rowlf to fly is gone.

:cool:
oh no, thats no good! :frown:

dbarrie

Reaction score
I don't remember watching much of that special, but it's a shame that the practice of cutting stuff out continues. I was planning to purchase a copy of it when it's released here tomorrow. Hope JHV doesn't treat their Christmas special w/ Denver the same way when it's released on DVD this November!

P

Philo and Gunge

Maybe Columiba/Tri-Star has something againt Holiday speicles.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
ZootandDingo said:
Well folks, we can add a new addition to the list of DVD differences. "Rocky Mountain Holiday" is edited...the scene with John teaching Rowlf to fly is gone.
"For one brief moment, there's a light at the end of the tunnel"
Sam The Eagle - The Muppet Show (Steve Martin episode) :attitude:

:cry:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Have some of the scenes from Muppet Treasure Island been cut? I remember seeing sutuff in the theater that isn't in the VHS release of that movie (for example: the unfortunate trimming down of "Something Better" and "Cabin Fever").

Was there anything other than parts of the two songs cut from Muppet Treasure Island? I know Disney has had a bad habit of cutting down their movies when they're released to video, at least they used to during the early-to-mid ninties.

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
"For one brief moment, there's a light at the end of the tunnel"

Sam The Eagle - The Muppet Show (Steve Martin episode) :attitude:

Sadly, it was a flamethrower...

anathema

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Have some of the scenes from Muppet Treasure Island been cut? I remember seeing sutuff in the theater that isn't in the VHS release of that movie (for example: the unfortunate trimming down of "Something Better" and "Cabin Fever").

Was there anything other than parts of the two songs cut from Muppet Treasure Island? I know Disney has had a bad habit of cutting down their movies when they're released to video, at least they used to during the early-to-mid ninties.
I'm not aware of any cuts to the US release. The UK release has apparently lost a couple of seconds due to language, though (the cinema print was the same). On the other hand, I don't recall whether I saw the movie at the cinema.

Disney are just a collection of bad habits. Witness "Disney DVD". Licensees are absolutely *not* allowed to mess around with the official DVD logo in that manner, so I don't know how Disney got around that restriction. Then there's the whole illogical prejudice against widescreen, and their assumption that their customers are all morons who would complain about the "black bars on the screen, I'm paying for a full picture, why aren't I getting one?!"

Rant over :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
there were parts from the theatrical release that were cut from the VHS release in Muppet Treasure Island, but so far, the only ones I know of are in those two songs.

The lines cut from "Cabin Fever":
My sanity was hanging by a thread!
Since we're going nowhere, I've gone atop my head!
We were sailing, sailing, over the bounding maine-
But now we're not!

I don't remember the lines cut from "Something Better".

dbarrie

Reaction score
I just realized why JHP cut that scene from the DVD; it probably had to do with the circumstances that led to John Denver's death six years ago. If you think carefully, you'll know what I'm getting at.