It seems to me there must be something more,
Someting more than stacks of dishes and washing this old floor,
If I had my pick of wishes I'd wish me out that door,
'Cause I'm hungry for adventure,
And I'm fed up with this grind,
If I don't have some excitement soon,
I'm gonna lose my mind,
I want a life that's filled with thrills that's wild and free
There' gotta be something better......etc. (song continues with other lyrics)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I noticed something missing on the Australian release of Muppet Christmas Carol but maybe this isnt on any of the releases the "When Love Is Gone Sequence" I think if it wasnt added on the DVD it should have at least been added as an extra feature or something.

anathema

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
I noticed something missing on the Australian release of Muppet Christmas Carol but maybe this isnt on any of the releases the "When Love Is Gone Sequence" I think if it wasnt added on the DVD it should have at least been added as an extra feature or something.
As with the UK release, Disney have used the original theatrical print, which never included that song. "When Love Is Gone" was added for the original home video release ten years ago. It's still a screw-up, especially since they used the home video print for the US release.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
anathema said:
As with the UK release, Disney have used the original theatrical print, which never included that song. "When Love Is Gone" was added for the original home video release ten years ago. It's still a screw-up, especially since they used the home video print for the US release.
Thats what I thought, the "When Love is gone" sequence wasnt in the original film but they really should add these things as DVD extras or have them as alternate ending type things, they should always include anything that is cut from the film as extras but they never do sadly.

anathema

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Thats what I thought, the "When Love is gone" sequence wasnt in the original film but they really should add these things as DVD extras or have them as alternate ending type things, they should always include anything that is cut from the film as extras but they never do sadly.
I don't imagine it was deliberate, it's just a screwup. The original UK VHS release included the scene.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
anathema said:
I don't imagine it was deliberate, it's just a screwup. The original UK VHS release included the scene.
The Australian VHS release also included this sequence if I remember rightly, I am also quite sure that when the movie has been on tv that sequence was present too.
The Australian and UK VHS release probably both use the same source material as they are both in the PAL format rather than NTSC.