Muppet Film and TV References

Xerus

Reaction score
scooter289 said:
Last night on Family Guy, Stewie was doing something called CashScam and gave Brian money for his worm medicine. In exchange Brian had to work for Stewie.When Stewie called Brian into his office, he got a call on his Sesame Street phone from Grover. After arguing with Grover about the Letter G and his screaming at him through the phone, he hung up.

Then Stewie said to Brian, "Anyway send Lois a congratulatory basket of some sort. Oh, and if Cookie Monster calls, tell him I'm not speaking to him until he gets out of rehab."

They then cut to a scene at a rehab center with a doctor and two orderlies doing a "contraband check" in Cookie's room where they find a plate of cookies and after Cookie tries to make up an excuse, he like starts eating them and he's tackled by the orderlies and sedated.

Later on in the ladies room of the Drunken Clam, Lois catches Cookie Monster putting cookie dough in a spoon and heating it with a lighter trying to make a cookie and tells Lois to "Get out!"

That's about it.
It's amazing how Family Guy can get away with making SS characters do these outrageous, adult things.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Xerus said:
It's amazing how Family Guy can get away with making SS characters do these outrageous, adult things.
I know, I Love Family Guy

Gonzo14

Reaction score
has anybody mentioned the Simpsons episode where Homer got PBS mad at him, they showed Big Bird, Oscar, and Elmo

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes, several people have, several times. We know. "Elmo knows where you live".

Gonzo14

Reaction score
how 'bout on Friends when Monica admitted to having a crush on Kermit

Xerus

Reaction score
I was reading the Friday paper today and looked at the black and white comics. In Mother Goose and Grimm, it showed Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo, dressed as cowboys and on horses. They meet a huge hand and Kermit says, "Sure, Stranger. We'll hire you. We can always use an extra HAND!" :smile:

scooter289

Reaction score
Ok, this one's been said once i believe, but I'm going to elaborate on it:

On the Simpsons Moe is babysitting Maggie and trying to figure out what to do, and he says that they can't paly with Tickle Me Elmo and the doll says, "No means No for Elmo!" and slaps Moe.

On another episode of the Simpsons the Simpsons are arrested because people belive them to be Anti-American and inside the prison are people such as the Dixie Chicks, Bill Clinton, and Elmo who says something about going to the wrong event or something like that. Later homer says, "I don't wanna end up like Elmo, hanging myself in my cell."

That's it.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
there was an episode of Full House where they were playing charades and Michelle would always yell out Big Bird, and when she was up, everyone guessed Big Bird and she said "wow, you guys are good at this"

muppet maniac

Reaction score
http://www.eiffel65.com/diario.asp

Click on the `Videography` and then click Cosa Restera. There`s a guy with a Kermit hand puppet there.

*Spice World-a Big Bird doll can be seen in the background
*Robots-theres a trashcan and out of it pops a green robot...sounds like an SS Muppet we all know?

...and I remember this one movie I saw on a Chinese channel in Singapore a few years back. There was a clip of Ernie and The Count on a tv set...you know, its been years so my memory is fuzzy.

Inter-Muppet reference: In The Muppets Wizard of Oz, Pepe calls Sam Big Bird.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
One of the new Family Guy episodes shows Stewie talking on the Sesame Street phone, it also shows Cookie Monster in Rehab (hahaha)