Muppet Film and TV References

Ernie101

Reaction score
I heard the song " Manha Manha" on a diet cherry coke commercial tonight. Anybody else heard this?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but there was a Sesame Street reference on WWF Raw a few years ago. Shane McMahon was explaining what the letters WCW(World Championship Wrestling) stood for, but also mentioned what else they can stand for. When he got to C, he said "C also stands for Cookie, and that's good enough for me".

Also, when ECW(Extreme Championship Wrestling) was in operation, Rhino was known as the "Rookie Monster". One of the commentators made the joke "Why do they call him the Rookie Monster? He doesn't have blue fur or googly eyes".

McFraggle

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but there was a Sesame Street reference on WWF Raw a few years ago. Shane McMahon was explaining what the letters WCW(World Championship Wrestling) stood for, but also mentioned what else they can stand for. When he got to C, he said "C also stands for Cookie, and that's good enough for me".

Also, when ECW(Extreme Championship Wrestling) was in operation, Rhino was known as the "Rookie Monster". One of the commentators made the joke "Why do they call him the Rookie Monster? He doesn't have blue fur or googly eyes".
Both of those are pretty good. :big_grin:

Ernie101

Reaction score
I agree, these are pretty funny.

Gonzo, I think it might have been a Diet cherry vanilla dr.Pepper commercial. I looked up when I heard the song.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
either way, I know what commercial you're talking about

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I might have already mentioned this, but

FAMILY GUY (I mention Family Guy all the time, but there's a lot of quotable stuff)

Peter - "Hey Brian, the Count's kinda like a vampire, have they ever shown him, like, doin someone in"

Brian - "Do you mean have they ever made a Sesame Street where the Count kills someone and then sucks their blood for sustinance"

Peter - "Yeah"

Brian - "No they've never done that"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
On The Proud Family Penny was called "The Cookie Monster" by the boot camp seargant in the episode she turned bad.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
the muppets have been mentioned on Who's line from time to time