Muppet Listings 15.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK...
Twinkleclaws's designation has been changed already.
When you say that the designation for the Piano should also be changed, are you refering to the one I have listed as from TMS? Cause that's the Piano from the Liberaci TMS episode and will keep its TMS designation.
As for Big V, explain to me why it should be listed as you say. Are there two different versions of the same character which would merit two different entries? Just curious. Gonna sort through the rest of Muppets Magic and post once I've finished.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here's what it is. Found the source site I got Big V from, Craig Silverstein's student website that gymkatarules pointed me to when I first joined up here at MC. The blurb states that Big V devoured Lenny the Lizard in the Rich Little TMS episode. Don't have that one yet, will though in the next batch of VCD's I'll get from Justin.
Anyway, the feeling I get from having had talks with you guys here on the forums since then is that this TMS appearance is a recreation of the old Inchworm sketch where Kermit's sitting on the classic Muppet wall and eats an inchworm. He sees another one and eats it too. When he sees the third one, Kermit tugs at it only to find it's an elongated wormlike nose of Big V who devours him in turn.
Not sure where this sketch eminated from, whether S&F or Ed Sullivan. Hoping for some help in correctly identifying Big V's Henson production of origin, or whether his current designation should be changed or not.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Big V was called Gorgon Heap when he was in the episode with vincent price. So you can change Big V from TMS to the muppet magic name.

The piano from TMS was the same puppet that was used in the same skecth on the ed sullivan show that Twinkleclaws is in.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks Muppet_dk. Big V's designation will be changed. Since the Piano was the self-same puppet, its TMS designation will stay.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought given our conversations here on the boards. So, should Big V's designation be changed to S&F?
Also, should the designations of the following characters be changed to Muppets Magic & Ed Sullivan or should they stay as is.
Beautiful Day Monster.
The Dancing Slinkies.
Frank Monster.
Mahna Mahna.
Scudge.
The Snowths.
Thudge.
Or is it that there was an earlier character by that name that was different from the characters already listed, and thus meritous of being added as a new distinct entry to the list? Hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Beautiful Day Monster should stay with SS and TMS since he has made the most appearances on those shows.

The Dancing Slinkies--there are two different versions; one white, and one purple/orange, so both should be counted.

Frank Monster should stay in SS since he appears with the larger version of himself, meaning two different characters.

Mahna Mahna appears more on TMS, so he should stay there.

Scudge--Ed Sullivan. I've seen him on SS a couple of times, but I think of him as a more developed character in the ES sketch.

The Snowths should stay with TMS.

Thudge--I associate him more with ES than anything else. He was also probably built for that sketch.

I'm not sure about Big V; he looks like he was built by Don Sahlin, whom Jim met after doing S&F. Maybe someone has seen him in an earlier production.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Big V, a Gorgon Heap precursor, was made for a sketch "Inchworm" in "The Jack Paar Show". According to the "Sesame Horror Theater" thread, Big V can be seen with Fuzzyface (a Grover precursor) and Kermit in a sketch "Kermit's Radio" on "Sesame Street" in 1969.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, then let's see. From what TSF submitted that's already on the list...
There should be a second entry for the Dancing Slinkies from Ed Sullivan.
There should be a second entry for Scudge from Ed Sullivan, or should it's designation be changed from SS to ES?
There should be a second entry for Thudge from Ed Sullivan, or should it's designation be changed from The Great Santa Claus Switch to ES?
This'd be the last bit of sorting needed to go ahead and add all I've gotten from you guys today.

Oh yes, wanted to say that though the Prime Minister from S&F has been added, that same puppet was changed in appearance to be one of Amanda's Friends. So I'll go ahead and add them since they're two different characters, female compared to the male ones they later became. Hope to get replies to get this finished today. Thanks and have a great day.