"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Anyone who couldn't make it today should be fine. There was mucho craziness on the Q and I didn't get there until 1 but they still had a stack of tickets available. They said that they had been expecting a line but there was only a short one when they opened. So anyone who couldn't make it today but can make it this weekend should be fine.

I've got mine! Whoohooo!
Sarah, you must've came just after I left. I got my tix around 12:45 because me and like 4 other people were milling about earlier than that, so the guy just gave them to us. LOL I have a feeling a lot of people will be waiting until the last minute.

BY THE WAY (and this is for everyone): down the road on Main Street there's a small art gallery that is currently exhibiting all sorts of puppets in conjunction with this festival, much of the collection was old European puppets on loan from Cheryl Henson's personal collection and they also had some Muppet stuff: Chester the rat from Muppets Take Manhattan on top of the mixer in the bowl (put that up on my Flickr account), a Manhattan Melodies playbill framed and signed by Jim Henson, Muppets Take Manhattan storyboard artwork for the rats in the kitchen sequence, etc. Great little exhibit!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I went and got my tickets and when i got there they were giving out posters to this event with :smirk:, Mokey, Wembly, Boober and :excited: on it as well as a brochure. Anyone getting pannel discussion tickets should pick it up and get it signed by Mokey and Boober too.
I missed seeing you too then. Yeah the brochure you got was to promote the whole puppet event they're doing all this month in Huntington. And apparently the town is really excited about it: every store window I passed yesterday had a picture of Kermit in it.

What do you mean get it signed by Mokey and Boober? Kathy Mullen isn't listed as one of the guests for the Henson panel?:confused:

goshposh

Reaction score
If I can make a suggestion, I'd call again and explain that you live far away. If you're lucky you mightget someone who is nice enough to put one aside for you. I tried yesterday and got someone who wasn't too keen on helping. i tried again today and explained how far L.I was for me and the guy I spoke too today was nice enough to set one aside for me.

Good luck.

--Matleo
What was the number you called?

ploobis

Reaction score
I wonder if it's possibal for Bonnie Erickson or Michael K. Frith to make an appearance?
:smile:

matleo

Reaction score
What was the number you called?
I called the box office number listed at the top of the web page.

you'll get a menu that will come up. I think pressing 3 gets you to the box office, but like I said, it's kind of in who you get and how you ask. The guy I had yesterday was no help. The guy I got today was very kind.

I just hopne that no one during the course of the week 'removes' the ticket on hold, either by accident or intent..

--Matleo

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a bummer.
:frown: I called the same number you did; the business phone number, and 3 on the menu.
Well today, (technically yesterday), I got a woman who was no help either, but at least she wasn't interupting my sentences!
:big_grin:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I wonder if it's possibal for Bonnie Erickson or Michael K. Frith to make an appearance?
I doubt it. Michael K. Frith really isn't involved with Henson anymore. He has his own production company from what I understand. They produced Between the Lions, etc. I have no idea if Bonnie Erickson even works for them anymore either...

ploobis

Reaction score
I doubt it. Michael K. Frith really isn't involved with Henson anymore. He has his own production company from what I understand. They produced Between the Lions, etc. I have no idea if Bonnie Erickson even works for them anymore either...
I think Bonnie Erickson is still involved with The Jim Henson Legacy. I met her at the Jane and Friends event at the University Of Maryland.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I think Bonnie Erickson is still involved with The Jim Henson Legacy. I met her at the Jane and Friends event at the University Of Maryland.

Well maybe she'll be there, then. It would be nice to have some of the Muppet builders/designers there (yeah I know Dave Goelz was one at one time :smile:) . People like Ed Christie or Rollie Krewson or Tim Miller would be amazing to have as guests since they worked with the Muppets for so long.

ploobis

Reaction score
Well maybe she'll be there, then. It would be nice to have some of the Muppet builders/designers there (yeah I know Dave Goelz was one at one time :smile:) . People like Ed Christie or Rollie Krewson or Tim Miller would be amazing to have as guests since they worked with the Muppets for so long.
Yeah that would be nice. I still can't wait for this event now that it is getting closer to us! :smile: