Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I have some questions: Who in the world is:
a) Harvey Kneeslapper
b) Herbert Berdsfoot
c) The Amazing Mumford

because I do not remember and/or have never seen sketches with these guys, ever!
Yar. I not be knowing the first two scallywags but The Amazing Mumford be a magician on Sesame Street. He be purple with black hair and mustach and perpetully closed eyes (kinda like me main lassy Janice :flirt: )

Mumford worked his spells with the magic words "Alla Peanut Butter Sandwhiches" If I be remberin' correctly his magic had a habit of goin wrong.

And if ye be wonderin why I be typin like this today (Sept. 19) be National Talk Like a Pirate Day. (I not be making this up!)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?

Is it possible that Janice is a goldfish, Scooter in a mole, bunson is a honeydue melon, and Beeker is a labortory beeker sence he's shaped like one?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I have a question, actually. Know how Sesame Street episode numbers are in the thousands? Does that mean that there's been that number of episodes, or it is just some kind of catalogueing system?
I think that those actually might production numbers.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
I think Kermit has a collar because he was a lizard at first, and Jim liked the look, so kept it when Kermit became a frog :smile: Now I still dont have any replies on where Gonzo's chilli pepper suit comes from? Could it have been the Jim Henson Hour, or was the clothes created just for publicity and toys?
Lisa Henson mentioned on the A&E Sesame Street biography that on Sam And Friends Kermit was just an abstract character that played off this other jazz character who's name that I cant remember. If any boby knows, can they please let me know?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
muppetbigwig said:
thank you g-man i was wondering that for a week.. i have another one what does trhe muppet theather look like the outside i mean
I wish I could give you the detals, but on "A Very Mary Muppet Christmas Movie" you can see the outside of a variation of the Classic Muppet Theater

And Welcome to the Fourm.

Effralyo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I consider myself a fairly avid fan, but I have to admit, I have some questions I'm a bit ashamed to ask, so I thought, let's start a thread where we can come to terms with our fears and lay it out on the table, so here we go, can you answer these character questions... without mocking me?

What is Beauregard? He squints a lot, so I thought he was a mole.
Wellm, I made up a very simple and (I think) nicely sounding name of his kind : Clumsworth.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
About the pogs and figs issue... actually, I seem to remember there being a thread about that... er, somewhere... I dunno. Anyways. In the Ruth Buzzi episode of TMS, there's this Robot Kermit who flirts with Miss Piggy, saying they could have bouncing baby figs. ...ok so that doesn't really answer what they'd look like, now does it? (You'll have to forgive me, I should be asleep right now, so I may be a bit slow) Well then, fast forward to the Cloris Leachman episode, where the pigs took over the theater. There's a picture on this page of their pig interpretation of Kermit. I'm not sure if it's a fig or a pog, but it is one very, um... interesting looking creature.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I'm not sure if someone else has already said this but in the Andy Williams ep of the Muppet Show when Piggy tells him she is marrying Kermit; Andy says "soon ther'll be the patter of tiny figs!"

There is also a picture of Fozzie the Pig on that page... not sure if he is a big or a pear though...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?
Yes, they are all human.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Is Scootor a Human i always considered him a aniaml of some sort

especially with Muppet Babies w/ all them being anaimail in the nursery