Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
it will be out summer 2005
Says who? I don't doubt this, it seems reasonable. But where did that come from. Is it fact (if so where did you learn that), or is it just a projection/assumption/wish ?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
My Evidence

Rumor has it Disney is working on season box sets of The Muppet Show. They could be ready for a 2005 release or possibly not untill 2006. It's right at the home page of Muppet Central.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The homepage here states: "The big news from the recent Henson film festival is that Disney is planning to release season by season box sets of the Muppet Show. The first box set is planned for release in 2005."

Crag Shermin and Jerry Juhl (both writer for the Muppets) have been interviewed for Muppet Show season sets along with several Muppeteers (including Jerry Nelson) and even some fans. Based on that information along with comments at the recent Henson film festival we know The Muppet Holding Company (part of Disney) is working on season sets slatted for a 2005 release.

That is all we really know as of this point in time.

When people post here restating the same information that has been stated several times before in the beginning of the post and else where on the site, it sounds as if they have new information (especially if it is slightly different than the original information); when people post that the DVDs are coming out in a specific time frame as "news" it makes me wonder what their source is, if they are just making assumptions based on the same information we all know, or if they are just restating and interpreting the old news. Sorry if I came across rude in questioning, but I just want to make sure the facts, rumors, projections, and assumptions are kept straight.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
DVD Sets

When people post here restating the same information that has been stated several times before in the beginning of the post and else where on the site, it sounds as if they have new information (especially if it is slightly different than the original information); when people post that the DVDs are coming out in a specific time frame as "news" it makes me wonder what their source is, if they are just making assumptions based on the same information we all know, or if they are just restating and interpreting the old news. Sorry if I came across rude in questioning, but I just want to make sure the facts, rumors, projections, and assumptions are kept straight.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, I am a huge Muppet/ Henson Fan but unlike many of you I do not have the time to do all the research and get all my facts straight. As a recently new member her at Muppet Central I use this message board along with others to fill in the gaps in my Muppet Fact structure. So I think if we all work together to keep the facts straight it will be a benefit to us all. :smile:

pollick529

Reaction score
anathema said:
I'd be astounded if they did keep the original shot, since all copies of this shot have the ATV/ITC logos and copyright messages superimposed on them, and it is highly unlikely that Disney/Henson would release shows which carry copyright messages for a company that a) no longer owns the copyright, and b) no longer exists. Be nice if they did though!
That is true, the name ITC no longer exists, but is now Carlton International. I don't know if ATV is around anymore! :confused:

anathema

Reaction score
pollick529 said:
That is true, the name ITC no longer exists, but is now Carlton International. I don't know if ATV is around anymore! :confused:
ATV ceased to exist on January 1st 1982. They're now called Central.

Star matt

Reaction score
What about the other Henson property Disney owns, Dinosaurs? Any news about that?

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, just wondering, is there any more news on these Box Sets? At all? Anything?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
If Disney is handling this, I'm assuming we won't get little tid bit insides like box art and cover design or anything like that? Just a tentative release date and then one day I'll be walking through the video store and see it and be like "Hey! No one told me this was here! When did it get here? What's the deal, man?" :grouchy: