1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Traveling Matt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

I think originally he wasn't in the main, and in my opinion shouldn't be, but now yes, he's pretty much the muppets's marketing mascot! Same goes for in the newer films, I think the mayhem as a whole should be main muppets, not just Animal, who let him off his chain in the past several years or so anyway?;)
  2. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

I'm curious if anyone knows how well these are selling so far.

I remember the initial plan from not-quite-official sources talked about releasing Muppets Tonight and possibly even the Muppet Central bits of the Jim Henson Hour after the last Muppet Show season. I know the state of the entertainment industry is in flux now with the rest of the economy, but it seems that they can sell DVD sets of just about any show, so I remain hopeful.
  3. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

mabye it just depends i would want good bonus features

Also this is about the muppet show not the main 5 muppets

they want muppets thaat appeared more on the muppet show so people wouldnt be confused

(rowlf was even dr.bob)
  4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I also wonder if Kermit and Gonzo will be on the disc menu of discs 1 and 3 and maybe Gonzo and Rizzo will be on the disc menu of discs 2 and 4, Just a thought of course.

It would also be great to have more Rare Muppet Commercials from the 60's and Rare promos for TMS episodes.

I can't wait to hear more about this release! :)
  5. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

maybe kermit and gonzo but rizzo was already on menus and he wasnt even in the muppet show:shifty::concern::)
  6. ploobis

Maybe, But they say that Rizzo made his first appearance on the Chrstopher Reeve episode. I know, How about Kermit & Gonzo on the menus of discs 1 and 3 and Bunsen & Beaker on the menus of discs 2 and 4, Just a thought.
  7. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

Now that is a good idea they could test out a new invention lol:confused::eek:
  8. ploobis

Sounds good. I just can't wait to find out what will be on the DVD set as Bonus Features. ;)
  9. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

for making us wait two years they better have bonus features:mad:
  10. ploobis

Oh I'm sure there will be Bonus Features. After the first three DVD sets having Bonus Features, Why would they not include Bonus Features on the next set?
  11. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

srry i mean good ones (bonus features)
  12. ploobis

That reminds me! Remember there was going to be a new feature called "A Frog Is Born" on the 3rd season set but it never happened? I wonder if that will be on the 4th season set? ;)

But I would also love to see features like the following....

- Muppet Commercials from the 1960's

- Rare Muppet Show Promos

- New Interviews with Muppeteers

- The Muppets Go To The Movies
  13. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

I would really like to see muppets go hollywood on there and maybe the frog is born is on thier too you never no
  14. ploobis

I know, We'll never know what bonus features will be on the season 4 set until they give us more details.
  15. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea do u think rowlf scooter or animal should be on the cover of 5
  16. ploobis

Well I think Animal will make the cover for season 5. It would be cool if Rowlf or Scooter would make the cover but they always put Animal on a lot of merchandise so that's why I think Animal will make the cover for season 5.

I also hope "Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show" will be featured on the season 5 set.
  17. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

also the making of the muppet show would be cool too

and i personally vote for rowlf since he dissaperaed with scooter a while ago:sympathy:
  18. ploobis

Hey I would love it if Rowlf would make the cover too. I just feel like with Disney they might put Animal on the cover, But hey ya just never know. ;)
  19. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

can you recall if rowlf was ever a main chrcther in anything after muppets take manhatten?:sympathy:
    (well decides the muppets go to walt disney world)
  20. ploobis

Well he had a fare role in stuff like The Muppets Celebration of 30 Years, Muppet Family Christmas, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Go To Walt Disney World and don't forget he was the host of the home video "Sing Along Dance Along Do Along.

I love Rowlf! He was the King of Puns!