1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppet stamps unveiled for September release

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 4, 2004.

1. ctegan

ctegan New Member

This is really exciting, and the stamps look fantastic. I'll definitely be picking up a set to save and several sets for mailing. :excited:

2. Queen Prawn

Queen Prawn New Member

Hola! I am new here and had to post in here. Since they won't be out 'til September I guess I will have to use them on my Thank Yous rather than the wedding invites - but they willl be used! :rolleyes: <- pepe!!!! (just had to use a pepe smiliey!)

3. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Did they doctor up that picture of Jim Henson at the bottom....There is a picture of Jim like that with bert in JimHenson: The works. It seems odd that there would be an exact picture like that of him with Kermit too.

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ah, well. Never mind, a bit late, but, what the hey. At least we're getting them.

P.S. Someone will have to send me a couple of sets from US. ;)

5. christyb

christyb New Member

I'd be willing to mail someone a set when they come out. You'll just have to remind me. ;)

6. Beauregard

Okidokihokoi!

7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if they did, it's amazing what they can do with editing and doctoring.

8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

My roomate works at the post office, says these should be here within the next couple of weeks:)

9. christyb

christyb New Member

huh?? First I hear they're coming out in March. Then,no it's september. Now March again! I'm confused when are these things coming out??

10. Beauregard

Hmm. I wonder if they had them in 3004...

11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

maybe you're right...as Muppet fans, we've come to expect major delays.
    ****, I want that Bunsen and Beaker one so bad.

12. christyb

christyb New Member

Now why didn't you bring some with you when you came home?? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long ;).

13. Beauregard

Well, if I could remember anything from then, maybe I could tell you.

14. Sam Eagle

Sam Eagle New Member

Wait... so are they coming out in March?? That's like... now!! I hope so. It'd be awful if we have to wait till September. :(
    I was a little disappointed with how plain the stamps are (too much white background), but GelflingWaldo makes a good point: It's like they're breaking through the envelope!! I never thought of that! ::blushes:: :)

:attitude: Sam Eagle

15. ceecee

ceecee Member

March 15th, right? That's Tuesday! Ooooh! Exciting!

16. christyb

christyb New Member

I hate to bust your bubble. But they aren't coming out till September 15th. The post office moved back the date.

17. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

date changed again?!

Now the usps web site states a release date of Sept. 27. Phooey. :eek:

-Lynnette

18. Beauregard

Really? Last I checked they had a release date on the 32nd of November ready for christmas cards.

19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Post ofice moved back the date? Am I really surprised? We all know how well the USPS operates anyhow. There's a reason they call it snail mail.

20. christyb

christyb New Member

So according to my calculations if they keep moving back the date at the current rate they have been then we should get these.....This time next year :rolleyes:. This is driving me nuts. Hurry up USPS!