1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Muppet Theatre" silk screen print by James Carroll available Tuesday April 24

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Phillip Administrator

Tuesday is the day! James Carroll's anticipated art print of the "Muppet Theatre" will officially be released in a limited edition of only 300 units. James has been a major contributor at Muppet Central and other fan projects over the years, so it's with great excitement that he's now releasing an official silk screen print from Acme Graphics.

James' beautiful recreation of the Muppet Theatre "celebrates over 35 years of show" and will be available as a 18 inch by 24 inch multi-colored silk screen art print each individually signed by the artist. A standard edition and two variants will be released. The work of art was commissioned by Disney licensor Acme Graphics and will be sold for $60 each at Darkinkart.com beginning at random times on Tuesday April 24.

Below is the "Muppet Theatre" standard edition as a silk screen limited edition to 200 prints each signed by James Carroll. Order here when available beginning at a random time on Tuesday April 24.

[IMG]

Below is the "Muppet Theatre" red carpet variant as a silk screen limited edition to 50 pieces each signed by James Carroll. Order here when available beginning at a random time on Tuesday April 24.

[IMG]

Below is the "Muppet Theatre" neon night variant as a silk screen limited edition to 50 pieces each signed by James Carroll. Order here when available beginning at a random time on Tuesday April 24.

[IMG]

Which version is your favorite? Let us know. If you plan on ordering one of these limited edition prints, please like this post.
  2. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY MUPP-TASTIC!!!!! :crazy: :super: :excited: :zany: :insatiable: :drool:
    Muppet fan 123 and jvcarroll like this.
  3. Nasubionna Active Member

I am ALL over this! I gotta have one, and congratulations, James, on this officially-sanctioned product!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  4. Phillip Administrator

jvcarroll likes this.
  5. ElecMayhem Member

Woah. Got the regular edition, but both variants were gone by the time I got there... Ugh, those are going to be pricey on eBay.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  6. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I just woke up an hour ago. Wow! Sold out already? The regular version is my personal favorite anyway. ;)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Cindy Moderator

Very cool! Everytime I look at it I see something new. :excited:

I like the original but I do like the neon night a lot too. Congrats Jamie!
    Muppet fan 123 and jvcarroll like this.
  8. floydnjanicefan Active Member

I had been refreshing the site all morning. Glad I did. I was able to snatch the Neon one!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  9. Walter Active Member

Wow! This is amazing! And you put Walter and Uncle Deadly right next to each other! :fanatic:

Wow! Just..WOW!!! :D
    jvcarroll likes this.
  10. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

There's only about 50 left!
    Muppet fan 123 and Walter like this.
  11. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Crud, I really wish they would say an actual time for those of us who can't watch the screen constantly... I reeeeeeally wanted the red variant. Hey Jamie, will they be doing any reprints? I dunno, I've never bought anything like this before, woulda been my first.

On the off chance, did anyone buy extra to resell at a fair price to those of us who missed out? I imagine that some snipers got in just to resell at a much higher price on eBay, but hopefully some true fans thought ahead (unlike myself, lol).
  12. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Dag nam it!! Missed out on the varients :(
  13. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

These are signed and numbered (there's a funny story of me walking all three 40 pound boxes down 4 flights of stairs and to the Fed Ex office two blocks away to attest to that LOL) so i don't think they're planning reprints. :sympathy: I didn't expect them to sell this quickly. :eek:
  14. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

There are two red carpet and two neon variants on eBay already. $200-250.

So annoying!

Glad I managed to get the standard print ordered before they all sell out.

Great story about the signings James. Your hand must have been aching after signing all 300! Lol

Chris
  15. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Really? Wow! I couldn't afford that. LOL! Signing and numbering took about 5 hours. The numbering is cute because it looks like Beauregard is sweeping it up. :oops:
  16. floydnjanicefan Active Member

That's unbelievable! How frustrating to people who actually wanted these for themselves to have people like that who just try to take advantage.
    KermieBaby47 and jvcarroll like this.
  17. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Well there is 49 or less now. I bought one.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  18. Nasubionna Active Member

Phew, I guess I am lucky I got one just now! I wonder which number I got? My receipt says something about 276 on it, could that mean there are only 24 left? Surely they could consider a reprint if you sell out all 3 editions in under 24 hours! I mean, seriously, how much more proof of demand does there need to be?
  19. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Mine had 276 as well so that must be the item number.But there would be 48 or less now.:)
  20. Nasubionna Active Member

OK, I wondered that, haha...