to the Muppet Central Forum!
are viewing our forum as a guest. Join
our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please
contact us if
you need help with registration or your account login.
Muppet Central Radio
Within days Muppet
Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station
via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn
Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Tera, Apr 17, 2002.
So what was this thread originally about?
I was just thinking that myself. Seems to be true, we are pretty "perdicable" about getting off topic.
Then again, we're Muppet fans...
Umm, I think we were talking about MF2 and then I asked who all would be going and you said you'd go if you could and then...
"Fozzie, stop. Don't tell them everything, you'll bore the audience, just let them read the script!"
...so, we discussed your 19.5 birthday as we approached the thundrously loud music of the Electric Mayhem and now we're here.
Narrative of very heavy duty proportions? I think not, but at least we're having fun.
Yeah, I think it's something like that.
Maybe we should try adding exploding socks...
yup, that and some paper towels; we already have the fake vomit.
What about a rubber raft?
At the rate we're going, a rubber raft could be good; it's getting awful deep in here!
Well, this bear is off to hibernate for the nite.
Well looks like muppet luck came and found me if it's on the east coast i wana be there! ooh yeah! this one's dedicated to the people i love oh yeahhhhh!
Top 3 MuppetFest II
Since it seems there will indeed be a MuppetFest II (Yea!!! ) and Creation/Henson were so good about sending their spies here to see what we wanted at MuppetFest I, I thought we should start putting together our requests. So...
List your top three for Muppet Fest II here. That is, the three Muppets you most want to see, the three Henson folk you most want to attend, the three panels you most want.... pick any category and list your top three.
Here are some of mine:
1) Rowlf (definitely number one for me as he wasn't at MuppetFest last time-- just the live Muppet Show)
2 & 3) I figure there's no way to have Muppet Fest without Kermit, so I don't have to list him. Which makes my other two Gonzo and the Sesame Street gang (or at least more represntatives of Sesame Street than just Elmo)
1) Carroll Spinney
2) Frank Oz
3) Dave Goelz
Muppet Fest Stuff (couldn't think of a better name for this):
1) Pictures with Muppets! Set up a photographer and let us sign up for times to come pose for a picture with Kermit (it could be one of the poseable dolls used for stills). Creation could make money by selling us the pictures (a la school picture packages or amusement park pics). If that can't be done, how about letting us have our picture taken in the Muppet Show sign? It doesn't have to be THE Muppet Show sign-- a piece of plywood cut and painted appropriately would be great.
2) Breaks during the days so we can get something to eat and visit the museum without missing anything on stage)
3) Facility upgrade-- meaning better food options that stay open through the entire event, better sound system, play area for young kids (preferably with closed-circuit TV so parents can see what is going on on-stage while they give their kids a chance to make noise and maybe play with some toys) and bathrooms with changing tables,
Repeats from last time:
1) Muppet Museum-- with different exhibits from last time-- and ears on Piggy both days
3) Q & A with the Muppets and Muppet performers!!! (clearly, this category is NOT in order of importance)
1) Sesame Street
2) Fraggle Rock
3) The new Fox Muppet Series
1) Live Muppet Show!
2) Live Muppet Show!!
3) Live Muppet Show!!!
Wow-- Muppet Fest II! Hope to see everyone there!
I wilL DEFINITELY BE at an East Coast Muppet Fest!!!!!!!
My MuppetFest 2 wishlist:
1. Bill Barretta
2. Dave Goelz
3. Carroll Spinney
4. All the others
Q & A Wishlist:
1. More Brian Henson with Sal. It was so funny to watch Brian holding Sal's mouth closed while he spoke - as if to make sure Sal didn't say anything inappropriate.
2. Beaker and Rowlf with appropriate muppeteers
3. More Pepe - by far and away the best Q & A participant. The character just begs for live interaction.
1. I'd love for Jane Henson to be in attendance again. The Grand Dame of Muppetdom was wonderful and inspiring the first time round.
2. If Frank Oz can come - not even to perform, just to appear so we can thank him for everything he has done.
3. I'd love Dave Goelz to sing my daughter a lullaby again. That was the highlight of the last show for me.
4. Another Muppet Show Live, so I can see it this time.
5. Another great MuppetCentral get together.
Hope to see you all at MuppetFest 2!
I have a great idea!
After muppetfest II in usa, get the whole team over to europe and do a "muppetfest europe"
OOh, now this is an exciting thread! Its long been thought Mfest 2002 would eminate from NY, so one thing is for sure:
SESAME STREET! It was all but ignored at mfest 2001, with the exception of Elmo(who I think proved his coolness right up there with the rest of the muppets) This mean Carrol Spinney!!!
We want Big Bird, Oscar, Bert, Ernie, grover, etc!!!
Second, this is the 20th annv of fraggle rcok...so no 10 minute fr panels...lets see some refurbished fraggles!
It goes without saying we need Pepe(who stole the show as usual) but also heavy on the Beaker, Rowlf, and even Scooter.
I'd like to see some time given to Mo Frackle to, as he had an impressive debut with the feud.
It also goes without saying, BRAVO to Eric Jacobsson!!!
WOW...his Piggy is astonishing in my book, as it has provoked a much heated 'so was it oz or eric' discussions on here.
Finally, I think mfest 2002 is going to be quite special.
I think this is finally the grand re emergence year of the Muppets weve talked about for so long, so Im hoping the turnout will be huge this time around.
So folks...dont be whining about missing out on muppetfest 2002 this fall...start saving those pennies and hold back on spur of th emoment purchases. I WANT TO SEE EACH AND EVERYONE of you MC folks at mfest 2002!!!
Lastly, while some may have had reservations about the structuring of mfest 2001, and the less than stellar venue...one this is for sure, the Muppets in person, muppeteers, and other JHC folks blew us all away. And I cant even put into words how great the live show was...as I can only imagine what they have planned for this years mfest!
what i want to see at muppetfest two
okay top three things i want to see at muppet fest two
1. a sesame street sing along with a specail aperiance either by chrisy and the alpahabets or little jerry and the monotones!
2. a fraggle rock show where the fraggles pick silly creatures from the audaince to sing along with them
3. you guys!
We should definitely try to get a picture taken of us with our "Dads"...
Here's my list:
Muppeteers (No Particular Order):
-- Jerry Nelson!
-- Bill Barretta...
-- Dave Goelz
-- Steve Whitmire (I'll be nice and I WON'T bring scissors)
-- Fraggle Rock. Because I love Fraggle Rock, and you got the whole 20th Anniversary thing goin' on.
-- Sesame Street. If MF is in New York, then you got the whole Sesame Street thing goin' on. But not too much. It really depends on what it would be (if they show us classic clips that's one thing, but if they bring out Baby Bear for 30 minutes, that's called a bathroom break).
-- Richard Hunt clips or something. I think the last MF had a tribute thing to Jim Henson (I don't know, I wasn't there). Since MF is a fan kind of event, it can be expected that a lot of fans will attend. Hopefully, unlike the general public (and outside our Internet Muppet circles), fans don't ask, "Who's Richard Hunt?" Actually, I have no idea where I'm going with this explanation, so I hope I've made it clear. Just show us a few Scooter clips or something.
And as for stuff that I'd like to see that was from last year's MF... Since I didn't go, I have no idea what worked, and what didn't work. But, you gotta keep the autograph sessions and the live show.
And my final comment to the Henson/Creation spies. Give me free tickets! (please)
Hey, BlueFrackle. EuroMup sounds familiar to me. Was this discussed before?
It also sounds *very* interesting.
3 things i'd like...
I agree, fraggles.
Special focus on BIG, HUGE monsters and their mechanism
Ok I'll play!!
Top 3 puppeteers
1. Jerry Nelson!!
2. Carroll Spinney. If it's n NY thereis a pretty good chance of tis one.
3, Jerry uhl. Ok, I know he's not technically a puppeteers, but it would be really great to see him.
Top 3 Muppets:
1. Floyd!! (Big Floyd Pepper dfan. Also, a few other Jeryry characters would be cool! count, and lew Zealand in particualr.
2. I'd like to see Beau.
3. fraggles would be good
I can't comment on panles and things too much cause I wasn't at the last one. but tis raises a good questoin. Do you think the Henson gang overplayed their hand? I mean, if MF was so great last year, do you think there will be anough to raise the stakes alitle or do you think repeaters will walk out goin "eh, I had a better time last year" So if I may alter this thread a bit. (assuming there are spies among us) hpw do you think Henson can raise the stakes. Are there enough storiesto keep panels going? What was missed last time? And can you do it so folks who didn' t make it last year, aren't feeling left out in the cold? What do you think?
ps: Oh, if they do another exhibit, I think I would like to see a few more guys in there. From the photos I saw I was a little disappointed actually.
Ladies, you better hope that Dave and Steve DON"T read this thread.. otherwise you'll scare them away from Muppetfest for sure!
I only hope they let me do Fozzie this year...
Jackie, Emmy...If you 2 are there, this will DEFINITELY be a MuppetFest "2" remember!
I can't wait for the next MC Family Reunion!
Separate names with a comma.