MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzieBear

Reaction score
I would love to come to the MuppetFest :smile: but I cant, I live in Australia, and cant get there :frown: If anyone would like to pay my airfare, I will come :stick_out_tongue:

FozzieBear :big_grin:

Telly

Reaction score
I think Muppetfest should be held in Fargo, ND cuz that way it'd be WAY easier for me to go! I seriously REALLY wanna go. :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Telly:>>>I think Muppetfest should be held in Fargo, ND cuz that way it'd be WAY easier for me to go! I seriously REALLY wanna go<<<

I think you are absolutely right!(Previously I thought it should be held in the Tunisian desert where my cousin Yozol is...) I think we need to circulate signatures to Creation Ent and tell em we wanna gaw to fargo ya'know? I'll chip in for ear muffs!

Anyhoo, welcome to MC! Just to let ya know, Telly is one of my fave Sesame Muppets...man he seems so unappreciated and overlooked by fans:frown:

fozziebear:>>>I would love to come to the MuppetFest but I cant, I live in Australia, and cant get there If anyone would like to pay my airfare, I will come<<<

Really? I seriously was hoping everyone(or at everyone who really wanted to go bad enough) could make it from MC. I Actually met some people from Australia at least year's MF, maybe they got a super good deal. For a lot of us, the trip will be at least a 3000+ mile airplane ride.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Telly
I think Muppetfest should be held in Fargo, ND cuz that way it'd be WAY easier for me to go! I seriously REALLY wanna go. :frown:
Hey Telly...nice Av. Man!! :big_grin: hehe.

-Matt

Telly

Reaction score
Hehe...Thanks! You're the one that heklped me with it!!!!! Haha you won't need your earmuffs for March!!!! Its like in the upper 50s/lower 60s by that time!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Next Muppetfest?

Whatever happened to the rumor that there would be another Muppetfest in the Spring of 2003? Is that still on? I can't find anything on the subject.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beaker

Reaction score
Well, as Ive heard from multiple reliable sources...looks like the Muppetfest, as far as we knew it one year ago last weekend,
was a once in a lifetime deal. That said, it is possible that before year's end *somehting* could come up...but Im not sure if the new owners, Creation, or Henson would be up for the gamble financially. My biggest wish for 2003 besides the return of the muppets and success in the new show is of course a Muppetfest 2003. If it would have a most celebrational muppetational live epiosode of the Muppet show? Well...I guess nothings impossible, though most agree it looks iffy at best even a fan con will happen.

Funny thing is, there was almost this sure to happen talk of a 'First week of March!!!' Muppetfest. Heck even Ken was talking about how they would have an exclusive Animal variant in time for it. But between all the busy projects JHC is doing, the buyout looming, and other factors...not to mention I think quite a few people would miss out due to timing and finances(namely college, and lack of enough time to get off work or whatever) it's probably good this didnt pan out.

But again, I will restate...a Muppetfest sometime within the calendar year of 2003 would rock!

Luke

Reaction score
Cory's right - it is VERY unlikely to happen again the way things are. I think that Henson want to do one again but there may well be other factors above their heads preventing that. They don't make much money so it has to be backed up by using it as a promotional event and the anniversary licensing gave them a great excuse last year. I think there's a small chance that if the new owners were really enthusiastic about the idea then something might happen late 03 or during 04 but it's probably a low priority and dependant on exactly what the Muppets are used for in the future. Apparently (from the same multiple reliable sources as Cory) the live theatre show was almost definitely a once in a lifetime deal so you guys were VERY lucky to see that.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Personally I think the best time to do another MuppetFest -- if another were ever to happen -- would be at the close of the first season of the new show... whenever that gets off the ground. If a new show started up regularly in the Fall 2003 season, a MuppetFest the following Spring would be perfect... potentially twice the size it was last time.

As for The Muppet Show Live... I suppose that will have to remain forever in our hearts and minds... since Creative Ent won't release a tape of it [grrr] :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sylindebren
I'm surprised... If my understanding is correct, then some saw this Muppet Show or MuppetFest live and in person (lucky...)... If that's the case, I'm surprised no one was able to get a "bootleg" version copy of it...
I just don't understand how there can be a Farscape con(ie: something thats only been around 4 years, on cable, and is now cancelled) but NO Muppetcon? eesh. Yeah, sadly it looks like even if there was a itny remote possibility of another Muppetfest, that live show was a once in a lifetime deal.

Now, as for a bootleg? As I said, there was a gentlemen secretly video taping(at least I noticed on day two) part of Muppetfest.
Though in the midst of the autograph signings and stuff I wasnt able to talk to him abou tobtaining a copy. Im surprised its not floating around out there or on ebay.

But what I am truly interested in is the live show...its a shame
there doesnt seem to be any plans to release this...as I know myself and others would pay quite a bit to obtain a copy in any form.

As for hope of another Mfest...well, I guess a huge factor would depend on the state of things. Muppetfest served as kind of an emboldened passioned rallying call for the few who went(I know Star Wars cons get like 30,000...but yeesh, I was expecting more)
So I think Scarecroew is right...the perfect time to do one would be next Fall or Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.