MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Dear JHC

I am so happy the Muppets are back on the right track. With the impending buyout looming soon, I can imagine how tough it is to be juggling what's going on with promotional duties and moving the company forward in uncertain times. As a fan since I was little, I am quite overjoyed the Muppets are making a comback, and look forward to what is in store for fans in 2003.

Sincerely,
Cory You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We thank you for your interest in buying the Jim Henson Company. Currently all financial negotiations are handled through our lawyers with Kirch Media and TM.TV limited. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we may be forced to selling our company brand name, The Muppets, and all JHC properties on ebay.

Happy Holidays
The Jim Henson Company

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear JHC,

um...thanks, for the response? I think maybe you accidentally cut and pasted my email address into another designated email.
Ack, or maybe not. Im not really looking to buy JHC. I barely have enough money to pay my dsl bills. I woul dbe interested in selected properties should they happen to go on ebay.
You guys take Paypal?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now I'm just losing it^_^

Chilly Down

Reaction score
LOL! Did you really get that response, Cory? I bet the server just saw the word "buyout" in your e-mail and that's why you got that automated response. Unless you're just yankin' our chain. :rolleyes:

I sure hope they don't sell the Muppets on eBay. (shudder) Of course, if they sold the Muppets individually, each of the fans could buy one. Then we'd just bring them all back together again. Let's see, I've got enough for the Swedish Chef. Who can pony up for Statler and Waldorf? :wink:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Who can pony up for Statler and Waldorf? :wink:
Well, let's see.

I have a library card, some lint, a penny from 1951 (wait, I wanna keep that one), a pocket schedule for the Dayton Bombers hockey team, some Tic Tacs, and a Mississippi quarter.

What do you think that would get me?

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
LOL! Did you really get that response, Cory? I bet the server just saw the word "buyout" in your e-mail and that's why you got that automated response. Unless you're just yankin' our chain.
Naw, it was just a sendoff of the responses me, Kev, others have gotten recently. I don't think JHC would be discussing any buyout details with fans via an email.

However, if a freaking Doozer prop goes for an insane $5000 on ebay(what was that guy thinking? He could *maybe* get $500 if that) imagine how much a real puppet would go for?

Anyways, worse comes to worse(ie: doomsday scenario pointed out by Luke in another thread) we can form a unalateral united fan front to buy the Muppets ourselves. Now approximately 1000 hardcore fans worldwide...so divide $150 million by 1000 people^_^

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's $150,000 each. I'm thinking more along the lines of EACH and EVERY Muppet fan fronting up at least $600. That's only 250,000 fans, and I'm sure there are more than that. We just all need to meet in a centralized location and appoint a leader, treasurer, and secretary. It would have to be someone cunning, brave, aggressive, and 100% totally interested in what's best for the JHC and its fans and characters. It would seem to me a decent business deal, kind of like we would all own stock in the company. I'm for it! WHO'S WITH ME?!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm all for it, Foz! Sounds like you da man. Let us know when and where to meet!

Emmy: What would you get for that amount of money? Jo-Jo from Secrets of the Muppets. :stick_out_tongue:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Emmy: What would you get for that amount of money? Jo-Jo from Secrets of the Muppets. :stick_out_tongue:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's the annoying dog that I make fun of all the time!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
It would have to be someone cunning, brave, aggressive, and 100% totally interested in what's best for the JHC and its fans and characters.
But Byron's busy right now with his new job and and all that !

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's the annoying dog that I make fun of all the time!
Well...for $1.50 more, I can upgrade you to J.P. Grosse. :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.