MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo409

Reaction score
Muppetfest II?

When last I visited the forums (about a year and a half ago) there was much talk of a Muppetfest II. Did anything ever come about from that? I would assume that with Disney buying the Muppets, a muppetfest would be pretty up in the air right now.... :confused:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That would be great. It would be a dream come true for me to come to a muppetfest so maybe one day I will! A muppetfest in Australia would be good too! But theres not much chance of that!

Luke

Reaction score
A second Muppetfest is about as likely as me becoming the next Pope but there are apparently some Henson Legacy events in the planning, and also Disney have been known to do themed weekends with their characters so we shall see. Personally i don't think it could ever be the same as the original .... those guys were very lucky.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
If there isnt another muppet fest, we could always arrange an unofficial one. We were supposed to be having a big meetup this year in Australia but it didnt happen, hopefully will sometime in the future.

beaker

Reaction score
solo409 said:
I would assume that with Disney buying the Muppets, a muppetfest would be pretty up in the air right now.... :confused:
Oh, you could say that:wink: Luke seems to be right a lot of the times over the years, whether I hate to admit it or not. But yeah...2001 was about it. There could be some sort of "heres the Muppets" intro weekend, with awkward pimply faced teens in big Muppet costumes...but nothing I would imagine like Muppetfest. The saddest thing is, next year is the 50th annv of the muppets...think Disney gives a frell? They much rather put on Hillary Duff-con.

Tho hey, least muppets.com has been ressurected, tho just look at the horrific site Disney.com ha sbecome.

Doogied

Reaction score
Umm....I have a suggestion

How about having it in Canada? Come to Montreal for instance...world's capital for festivals..... and all the Americans would get more bang - :crazy: -for their buck! Surrounded sometime close to Just for Laughs fest...what do you think?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mercy. This is a tired old topic now. It won't happen again, I sincerely believe. I think the closest we'll ever get again is a themed day at one of the Disney Parks and I'm okay with that kind of event. Like their Star Wars day.

The magic of that first Muppet Fest won't ever be captured again. :frown:

It's fun to wish about, but it won't happen anywhere else but the USA, and if it does it'll be at a park.

IF

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
We can dream cant we? It could happen, noone really knows. Even if it doesnt happen we could have a really good unofficial muppetfest if people round the world got together in one place!

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
I'm still disappointed that I didn't go to MuppetFest. *sighs* The chances for another one probably wouldn't be that good. :frown: We still could dream about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.