Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Luke,

Thanks for the link to youhide but its not working for me.

I type in Muppets.com and click surf, then it takes ages and advenyually says Gateway timed out?

Any other ideas?

Chris

Luke

Reaction score
Ok, well the original link still works for me which is wierd, but another one to try is - www.cloaknetwork.com and type www.muppets.com into the box lower down on the page. If it takes you to the main Disney XD page you can find the Muppets channel by clicking "more" just under "choose a channel".

Hope that works!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the opening dance sequence is juvenile. It appears that the Muppet performers got together and just had a lot of fun. I admit that that performance (and a couple others) was a little out of character. The puppets were also fairly good. There are some personal tweaks I'd make to them, but wouldn't we all? And you know the tweaks would all look different. Some Jim-era Muppet puppets didn't always look so hot. And now we know exactly where MR's Animal design came from. That was practically him!

It's more than a good start that Disney has *finally* created with the Muppets and it is well worth the wait. The old Muppet Studios, as someone mentioned, did seem like a ghost town in its design and execution. I'm glad they scrapped it and hope this one receives at least quarterly updates.

The streaming Flash is a little tweaky on my system. The way that sort of thing is accessed by my type of wireless can cause problems, but it was by far better than the Henson.com related feeds.

On Steve's Kermit, I feel sometimes he gets lost in the moment and loses Kermit's core personality in the process. Usually he's great. I'm just glad that the entire site didn't center on Kermit. He was one of many Muppets – clearly the leader but not the headliner. Now we know why From the Balcony is gone. I guess it was a testing ground and this is where the full Muppety web-forces will be concentrated.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Now that I can actually see the website, thanks to Luke's wizardry :wink:, I can honestly say that it is super cool! I love all the videos, they're amazing.

Miss Piggy is really well balanced here! She's fierce but sweet too. I love this great mixture of her personality.

Pepe talking to the popsicle stick? Absolutely absurd! It was perfect.

The design is great, it's pretty easy to use, really fabulous use of the characters. I love to see them goofing off like that. They always felt so unscripted on the muppet show, like you are spying on a group of your friends. That's how it felt watching these clips! I will peruse it more later and try to watch everything I can. :big_grin:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
All OK.

Thanks so much Luke.

The first link worked, I kept trying it, each time it let me in further and finally it worked and let me in fully.

Its a great site and great to see something new on Muppets.com.

Chris

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the opening dance sequence is juvenile. It appears that the Muppet performers got together and just had a lot of fun. I admit that that performance (and a couple others) was a little out of character. The puppets were also fairly good. There are some personal tweaks I'd make to them, but wouldn't we all? And you know the tweaks would all look different. Some Jim-era Muppet puppets didn't always look so hot. And now we know exactly where MR's Animal design came from. That was practically him!

It's more than a good start that Disney has *finally* created with the Muppets and it is well worth the wait. The old Muppet Studios, as someone mentioned, did seem like a ghost town in its design and execution. I'm glad they scrapped it and hope this one receives at least quarterly updates.

The streaming Flash is a little tweaky on my system. The way that sort of thing is accessed by my type of wireless can cause problems, but it was by far better than the Henson.com related feeds.

On Steve's Kermit, I feel sometimes he gets lost in the moment and loses Kermit's core personality in the process. Usually he's great. I'm just glad that the entire site didn't center on Kermit. He was one of many Muppets – clearly the leader but not the headliner. Now we know why From the Balcony is gone. I guess it was a testing ground and this is where the full Muppety web-forces will be concentrated.
Don't get me wrong when I say it's childish but it takes me back to when Disney first started doing Muppet stuff, the thing that's so great to me about the muppets is that not every character is the same..and I get a bit irked when they do act the same.
And that'd be me who said that about the old site looking like a ghost town.
And it's the truth it sure did they should of had muppets greating us at every turn.
And I agree with you I have no problem with Steve at all as a person he seems great and fun.
It's just that Kermit to me was the boss the glue that held things together and well these days the glue seems a bit tacky...if you know what I mean.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Very cool, lol! Pepe and Stick Stiggly! I mean Topo Sticky! :smile: "You still taste like the fudge creams!"
I liked the Fozzie puppet used in the dancing video, the other one looks more like he did in MFS.

This has go me thinking about all the old Muppet sites and things from Muppetworld.com, MuppeToons and that Pepe's carnival thing that never even fully opened! I loved that panic Button in the Muppet labs though, it's was always good for a laugh when you tell someone that their computer is about to explode! But i hated those cranking wheels on the side menu bar!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong when I say it's childish but it takes me back to when Disney first started doing Muppet stuff, the thing that's so great to me about the muppets is that not every character is the same..and I get a bit irked when they do act the same.
And that'd be me who said that about the old site looking like a ghost town.
And it's the truth it sure did they should of had muppets greating us at every turn.
And I agree with you I have no problem with Steve at all as a person he seems great and fun.
It's just that Kermit to me was the boss the glue that held things together and well these days the glue seems a bit tacky...if you know what I mean.
The old Muppets.com/Muppet Studios web-park seemed like a place Disney felt they had to stick the Muppets so they wouldn't harm themselves or others! :eek: Even with a character on the screen the place seemed lonely and unpopulated. Just not the right tone.

I suppose I feel the Muppets are kidding around rather than acting like kids. It can be a fine line, but I do see your point. That dancing thing was one small "bit". It's the Kermit hip-hop thing that kinda irritated me to be honest. It's like his, "Way to get down with your bad selves!" line in "Muppets From Space" that made me cringe. :sympathy:

It's important to remember that Disney's trying to drum-up new fans and that starts with young people. They've already got us - but could lose some of us if they lobotomize the characters. That's a concern. I've been watching for it and haven't seen Disney doing that.