Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

muppetperson

Reaction score
Ok, well the original link still works for me which is wierd, but another one to try is - www.cloaknetwork.com and type www.muppets.com into the box lower down on the page. If it takes you to the main Disney XD page you can find the Muppets channel by clicking "more" just under "choose a channel".

Hope that works!
Yes...yes...yes.Thanks Luke.It worked.You are a great trouble shooter.I saw Kermit, fozzie and Gonzo do their dance.As I only have dial up, I will have to watch the rest when I get more time.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
It's important to remember that Disney's trying to drum-up new fans and that starts with young people. They've already got us - but could lose some of us if they lobotomize the characters. That's a concern. I've been watching for it and haven't seen Disney doing that.
Exactly how I feel Jamie! And I agree, I haven't seen anything from Disney and the Muppets that really, really bothered me. None of the characters have been lost in translation, and I think that's a very good thing.

And TheJimHensonHour, I simply must disagree with what you said about the characters having their own personalities. Sure, they're all dancing in the opening video, but in no way are their dances the exact same, the've all got a bit of each character in them. That, and it's just the opening video to say, "Look, we're the Muppets! We can dance around for two minutes with no dialogue and still be adorable, funny, and nonsensical all at the same time!"

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
And TheJimHensonHour, I simply must disagree with what you said about the characters having their own personalities. Sure, they're all dancing in the opening video, but in no way are their dances the exact same, the've all got a bit of each character in them. That, and it's just the opening video to say, "Look, we're the Muppets! We can dance around for two minutes with no dialogue and still be adorable, funny, and nonsensical all at the same time!"
Actully if you think about the history of the characters they all have differnt personalitys.
They're just lal hopping around like mad men..erm muppets.
It's really not a big deal just was posting a personal opinion..not like it even matters since as usual I am in the minority.
The muppets are allot more than nonsense they try to be classy, everything always gets screwed up, they have hard like times, they have the good luck times, it's singing and dancing but with good production.
Like I said not a big deal it's just the internet after all if it was tv they'd be singing a real song I'm sure.
I just think they could have a better oppening, it is better than the Welcome to muppets.com! that kermit used to scream and scare the crap out of me lol:big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Like I said not a big deal it's just the internet after all if it was tv they'd be singing a real song I'm sure.
I just think they could have a better oppening, it is better than the Welcome to muppets.com! that kermit used to scream and scare the crap out of me lol:big_grin:
Haha, totally agree about the old opening... *shudder* And yeah, youre entitled to your opinion, just thought I'd make a friend argument is all. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
That's how i feel, i absolutely love that opening, its perfect. Thats gonna get a laugh out of an 8-10 year old kid as much as anyone older, and thats hard to get nowdays and what they're looking to do. The Muppets are masters of slapstick - nowdays that type of stuff dies out at pre-school and they're onto High School Musical type shows by the time they're 8. Everything is so much more age targeted now and specific to certain ages - the Muppets are one brand that can appeal to everyone if they're on form and given a chance.

I would guess the whole point and concept of the site is that it's the Muppets "behind the camera". You've got them messing around dancing, then Kermits blog, Piggy's workout video at home and discussion with Kermit in the elevator. So this is purposely them not being classy or trying to get things right as if they were on stage.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That's how i feel, i absolutely love that opening, its perfect. Thats gonna get a laugh out of an 8-10 year old kid as much as anyone older, and thats hard to get nowadays and what they're looking to do.
Yeah i thought it was perfect too! I was watching it with my 3 year old nephew and he loved it and he was dancing along! The music is histarical too and fits in well with the three of them!:smile: :embarrassed: :concern: Aw my nephew was so cute and couldn't stop laughing just at the fact that Fozzie peeks out from the side of the screen!

Hey did any one notice that there are ballet shoes in front of Pepe's door?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It great that they will be reaching a new generation of fans. And yes! They certently can like the muppets the way they were!:smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Muppets on DxD update!

I've been talking to sources inside Muppet Studios and have some exciting news about the site:

The site launched on Friday and they've been using the weekend to get many of the kinks out (which explains some of the problems people may have had earlier). Things should be going a lot smoother now

I've been told that there will be new content added every week for the next couple of months! That's right, new Muppet videos every week for several months! And they are already planning on getting back together to shoot even more stuff! :excited:

Also I've been told that the opening page will be changing - there was a bit of a glitch which prevented it from being up right now, but I've been told that it will be really cool. Hopefully that will be up within the week.

As for the international fans out there, sadly the DxD network is only accessible from within the US. There is a UK version of DxD, but the Muppet content is not on it (or at least not yet). The folks at Muppet Studios are looking into the issue of getting this material to the international fans as well, however there is nothing definite yet. So until a solution comes along you'll have to use one of those unofficial backdoor methods to get in to see the stuff. :sympathy:

I'll let you know if I hear any more. :coy:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Haha, totally agree about the old opening... *shudder* And yeah, youre entitled to your opinion, just thought I'd make a friend argument is all. :smile:
Well it's cool everyone likes it so much, but I just feel it looks to much like when normal people get puppets put them on and go wild like omg I have a puppet on my hand lets act all crazy with them and dance around woooo!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I LOVE IT! FINALLY DISNEY DONE SOMETHING.....I love the Miss Piggy videos.....for those who cant see it i will post them on youtube.If needed
It would be GREAT if you could loads some of these onto YouTube...I've tried using Youhide to access the website, but it's not working for me.

EDIT: Accessed the website (thank you Luke!), and I love the new clips. The elevator oe where Piggy randomly atacks Kermit was funny, especially is responce. -- Makes me wonder, are the fights between Piggy and kermit always staged? Are they really deeply and inseperably in love?