Muppets/L.A. Times article

How do you feel about the Classic Muppets' future?

• I want them to return to glory and I think they will.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • I want them to return, but I just don't see it happening.

Votes: 33 50.0%

• Total voters

Bubbadog

Reaction score
heralde said:
...There are young people who enjoy the classic Muppets. It feels like their feelings are being ignored for the sake of some misguided people.
Actually, you're right, there are a few who appreciate them as much as I do. And bringing in the right video...very true.
Yesterday at school for our last day before winter break, I brought in Muppet Family Christmas, Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and Emmet Otter Jugband Christmas DVDs (I haven't rebought Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD, and it's a pain to go track down a TV/VCR cart in the school sometimes (LOL)) with me to watch.

Everyone wanted to watch Muppet Christmas Carol, I only had it on VHS, so we voted and went with very merry muppets christmas movie. (I must admit that one's my favorite now) And there are a few who sat there and watched with me...When I wasn't chasing the loose cannons around, that is. (There's always at least one, LOL)

What's funny though, I think they just like to find something wrong with anything, it doesn't matter if it's old or not.

For example, I brought in King Kong vs Godzilla, thinking it would be fun for them to watch two men in rubber suits push each other into cardboard buildings...

...They complained the special FX were horrible, the creatures were fake, etc. Yet the next week they demanded I bring it back in.

Kids can be so confusing. LOL
:big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's cool that you got them to watch something! Personally, if I were the kids I wouldn't have picked Muppet Christmas Carol. I remember watching it in school and being very bored. And that was the first time that ever happened with the Muppets. The kids probably picked it because it was one they'd actually heard of. Too bad they didn't want to take a chance on something new. Muppet Family Christmas is a lot better.

But at least it's a start, right? :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
In the course of 2007 I've become a bit more...I don't know.

They're all merchandise now--that's cool, but we need shows and stuff. That's what the Muppets do best.
I just have never recalled an end of the year on Muppet Central where was NOTHING planned or even rumored about for the following year.

All I've heard is a few so so merch news, that isn't even newsworthy...yet noone seems to be caring much...
AND noone seems to have even the faintest of rumors.

Will we truly have a no Muppet year? A lot of us had hoped the Muppets would be back by now, not put in the proverbial broom closet.
It's really unfortunate.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree.

I want more than just TV appearances. Put Dave, Bill, Steve, Eric all back to work, Diz! We need a GOOD movie, something that would make Jim Henson say, "Awesome." Don't put them in something like Tarzan II or one of those silly and bad films. Give us something good!!

It's been too long and we fans deserve it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Attica! Attica! Attica!"

... anyway, it'll be real interesting to see the Muppet Central year-in-review article. :smirk:

There has to be at least one really good thing in 2007. There HAS to be! Not just merchandise and more commercials, something BIG.

I think Cory was right about trying to get something together like Farscape/Firefly fans did. (different thread, same topic... basically)

Luke

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
... anyway, it'll be real interesting to see the Muppet Central year-in-review article. :smirk:
*ahem* * *embarrassed look*, the 2005 article is still missing in action as i wasn't around ... but yeah there's an upside to this. Nothing much actually happened in 2006, so 2005 could be done instead, AND do 2006, and even probably do 2007 in advance. Maybe we could make things up to fill all the blank space!

2007 - January. Steve Whitmire had a haircut, Kermit The Frog became the first frog on the moon, Big Bird proposed to Deal Or No Deal case girl, Disney announced they don't know what to do with the Muppets. Pepe The Prawn signs lucrative Speedos modelling deal.

2007 - February. Disney announces they still don't have any idea whatsoever what to do with the Muppets. The Henson Company announces "Puppet Down", a show about Muppeteers with nothing to Muppet. Jim Hill retires *yay*. Henson ditches Zappa and announces two fan writers for Fraggle Rock movie as they had far better ideas and ones that involved a Jessica Simpson Doozer.

:zany:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't know whether or not you're referring to me, but, Luke, I would gladly write the ghetto/pop/road comedy Fraggle Rock film with you.

Luke

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I don't know whether or not you're referring to me, but, Luke, I would gladly write the ghetto/pop/road comedy Fraggle Rock film with you.
Yes, lol, i was referring to you, and yeah we need to get the Henson Company to offer us enough money first. And naturally, i'll be insisting that they stock our trailers with Gummi Bears and Red Skittles.

.... but i like the way all interest in this thread has gone from "their" version, to our ghetto/pop/road comedy. It shows just who has their finger on the pulse of Muppetville!

I'm thinking we open with a big song and dance number, involving Ozzy Osbourne eating a live doozer! :eek:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Luke said:
*ahem* * *embarrassed look*, the 2005 article is still missing in action as i wasn't around ... but yeah there's an upside to this. Nothing much actually happened in 2006, so 2005 could be done instead, AND do 2006, and even probably do 2007 in advance. Maybe we could make things up to fill all the blank space!

2007 - January. Steve Whitmire had a haircut, Kermit The Frog became the first frog on the moon, Big Bird proposed to Deal Or No Deal case girl, Disney announced they don't know what to do with the Muppets. Pepe The Prawn signs lucrative Speedos modelling deal.

2007 - February. Disney announces they still don't have any idea whatsoever what to do with the Muppets. The Henson Company announces "Puppet Down", a show about Muppeteers with nothing to Muppet. Jim Hill retires *yay*. Henson ditches Zappa and announces two fan writers for Fraggle Rock movie as they had far better ideas and ones that involved a Jessica Simpson Doozer.

:zany:

LOL, hahahahah OH MY GOSH luke... you got me laugh so hard there! :excited: :stick_out_tongue: hahaha