Muppets on NBC's America's Got Talent 8/21

Leyla

Reaction score
Okay, I'm working on it. Took me ages to find my camera, and then I was interrupted by houseguests, but... back on the job!

I hadn't watched this show before, so I didn't recognise the costumes, but, oh, was it ever good to see the muppets again as the muppets... not just Kermit or Piggy all alone.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MAN that was a fantastic appearance... DEFINITELY the best one in a long, long time. I was so excited to see Animal, Beaker, and Chef. Oh, and Kermit and Piggy, of course. :wink: It was hillarious, it was heart warming, it was everything the Muppets should be.

On another note, THANK GOODNESS Terry won! I hope this gives people in high-up position the nothion that puppets CAN entertain adults and people of all ages. GO TERRY! GO MUPPETS! :excited:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
You spoiled it for me! :smile: lol. I am watching it on NBC2. Man! Oh well. He deserved to win. I love the Miss Piggy tape! She's lookin' good! I'd make the call. :wink: lol. When my mom was watching it, she goes, 'Jacob, look. There's your idol." And I said, "John Travolta?" She goes "No. Look!" That was a moment for me! lol.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I love it. It's so cute. I think the ventriloquist is going to win this competition.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The chickens! Oh, the chickens. Loved it - and it was nice having the Leprechaun Brothers back in action. He he. :halo: :eek: :smile: (no chef icon)

Edit- Animal's hair looked wilder than normal. Almost like the poser. Did anyone else notice?

mrsieve

Reaction score
If Terry didnt win it, the show would have been an American Idolish rip off (even though its Exec. Produced by Simon), but for the elder folk or those that couldn't qualify. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This appearance catered to the fans! Thank you Dizney!

The chickens were a nice touch (though, with the tuxedoes some penguins may have been better suited); a nice nod to us fans with Chef, Beaker, and Animal as the judges, and of course it wouldn't have been right unless Piggy were there.

Someone mentioned above that The Muppets need to be back on TV, and I agree. TV or in movies! Like, NOW! We fans don't have much of anything to discuss except old work anymore.

A recent conversation between a friend of mine and I was that it's sad that the Muppets have become 'second rate' on shows, doing appearances and not hosting (ie, TMS). Even in the past couple of films (except Muppets From Space), they've played secondary roles to other stars.

It's time that they get the spotlight again! This show proves it.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Edit- Animal's hair looked wilder than normal. Almost like the poser. Did anyone else notice?
Yes I mentioned it a few posts above...man I'm feeling like robin right now lol
"no one notices me"
I think it was for the spoof but I kinda liked it it sure beats his bald look he's been sporting as of late.:halo:
Someone mentioned above that The Muppets need to be back on TV, and I agree. TV or in movies! Like, NOW! We fans don't have much of anything to discuss except old work anymore.
It's time that they get the spotlight again! This show proves it.
That was me and this show and Terry winning does prove allot!

MWoO

Reaction score
Wow your fast. Thanks! It's decent enough quality to get an idea of what I missed. Hopefully I won't miss the replay. Now I will watch the rest. I only saw 2 seconds and wanted to thank you first. :stick_out_tongue:

Edit: Just watched it and wow, that was actually rather good. I like that Beaker, Chef, and Animal were chosen as judges and the Chef's comments were great. Did the audience boo when he said Kermit was not "okey dokey"? And I see what people are saying about Animal being more hairy. I like it if it's his new look. Takes him back to his original look. He use to have that much hair if you watch season 1.