Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

mlawdrums

Reaction score
Ashanti playing Dorothy?! Kelly Osborne doing a cameo. This doesn't sound good. The first Muppet Movie in some years and this is what we have to deal with. HELLLLLLLLLLLP. :boo:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
wesbunting said:
Yeah, well, once again it appears that the muppet franchise is continuing to spiral out of control with great movie ideas turned to ruin with poor casting of the human parts. What message is Disney and the Henson family trying to send out here? The lead is going to a no talent with a supporting cast of near misses. I believe the casting list had to come after an all nighter of binge drinking or from someone who has yet to graduate high school.

The standard for quality has indeed left this lifelong muppet fan hoping that eventually the creative minds will eventually get CREATIVE and leave the politics in D.C. Let's try unifying the fan base instead of polarizing it further with the flimsy excuse of artistic license.

I'm sure that this will fall on deaf ears, but it needed to be said anyway.

Here's hoping the future of the muppets avoids a disappointing fizzle. :sing:
First off, it's obvious that casting Ashanti wasn't anyone's ideal choice. I mean they signed her just a few weeks before filming, so it's apparent that they had offered the part to many other women before her. However, everyone I talk to is happy with Ashanti's co-stars. I think they did a good job there.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
First off, it's obvious that casting Ashanti wasn't anyone's ideal choice.
Just cause she was not the first choice does not mean she woun't be great. In the MGM movie of The Wizard of Oz over 90% of the actors were not the first choice of the studio. A lot of time the first (or even second or third) choice is not avalible or unable to agree on a deal, that does not mean the person they got will not be as good, heck Ashanti could be better than some of their other higher choices. We'll have to wait and see. I think Ashanti will do an excellet job and was a good choice.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Just cause she was not the first choice does not mean she woun't be great. In the MGM movie of The Wizard of Oz over 90% of the actors were not the first choice of the studio. A lot of time the first (or even second or third) choice is not avalible or unable to agree on a deal, that does not mean the person they got will not be as good, heck Ashanti could be better than some of their other higher choices. We'll have to wait and see. I think Ashanti will do an excellet job and was a good choice.
I'm not saying that she'll be bad. I was just responding to the previous post that said that they didn't understand the casting of the movie, and I was saying that Ashanti was obviously not the first choice.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Kelly Osbourne? Sheesh. She is one person who definitely does not deserve to be famous, let alone make an appearance with The Muppets. At least Quentin Tarantino and David Alan Grier will be there to add some human coolness to the movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
From TV Guide.com,

MUPPET SCOOP!: Kelly Osbourne will make a cameo appearance in ABC's forthcoming remake The Muppets' Wonderful Wizard of Oz, TV Guide Online has learned. The soon-to-be-unemployed Life as We Know It star, playing herself, will bump into Dorothy (Ashanti) while in Oz. "It's going to break the fourth wall with the viewer," says an ABC insider. "Dorothy will say something like, like 'Kelly?'" And Kelly will have some witty comeback." The telepic is slated to air in May. In the meantime, check out the Nov. 21 issue of TV Guide magazine (on sale 11/18) for an exclusive first look at Kermit as the Scarecrow and Miss Piggy as Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. It's priceless
Someone do a scan when this comes out

Whatever

Reaction score
At least it's only a cameo Kelly is making. Plus her dad has worked with the Muppets before. He did that duet with Piggy...Born to be Wild.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Whatever said:
At least it's only a cameo Kelly is making. Plus her dad has worked with the Muppets before. He did that duet with Piggy...Born to be Wild.
She also was filming on the same lot as the Muppets...so it's really about availibility.