1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 29, 2004.

1. I don't know about the interview with the composer, but there was an interview with Piggy and Kermit on the disney motion site and there was a short clip of a new song. KErmit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Pepe were singing and I think Fozzie had a solo part. So, the muppets aren't being pushed to the side, at least not in that song.

Disney is being helpful. They provide lots of money which lets the muppets do a lot of stuff.

2. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Look what is your problem; I have tried on 3 times now to let this drop. I was wondering how someone previews a special before it comes on TV for the first time. We have a difference of opinion and I guess that is not ok with you. Your first lesson in Morality comes from PePe and the permit to operate a topless dancer club. Your 2nd lesson comes when Mrs. B pulls PePe in to her cleavage and implies what his Christmas bonus will be.

As Sam the Eagle used to say...."Shocking!"

Now the rest of us are moving on, but if you like you may go back and read all the other posts on this subject. The other folks who like to post here have as I have mentioned made some really great points, and we have an understanding that it is ok to agree to disagree. For the record I own IAVMMC, because there are parts of it I like, but it is unfortunately to adult for my kids right now.

So moving on now!!

3. The Good Doctor

Disney and the Muppets

I had red on Muppet central that Disney is spending a lot of money on reintroducing the Muppets to the public. People know who Kermit is but a lot of folks (parents) have kind of forgotten what he and his friends stand for. The article goes on to say that before toys and products are released Disney wants to build the public awareness and get people excited about the Muppets again. At least that is what the article said you can read it here if you like.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/122204.shtml

So Muppet Wizard of OZ is a big deal.

4. Tarbipoo

Tarbipoo New Member

Whatttt??? How come Mulch is in the movie (though non-speaking) but my favourite gets no air-time...Dr.Phil Van Neuter! His assistant gets a shot at Muppets in Oz but no Phil...

:attitude: Shocking!

I just wish I can find somewhere to download the Muppets on Family Fued, and Muppets Surivior. That would have been great viewing

Bye for now!

5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Which site are you refering to? www.muppets.com ?

6. The Good Doctor

Yes what is that sight, I want to check it out. :)

7. It's not linked from muppets.com, though it should have been. It's called disney motion, I'm not sure of the url, but if you do a search for "disney motion" you should come up with it. You have to download the soft ware, you need internet explorer, you need to downlod all the videos as well. The Muppet one was deleted becase they only play like 4 at a time and if you miss it after a certian amount of time they delete it. Perhaps someone saved it.

BTW, I asked for a definition of all things moral, not examples of what you find immoral in the movie. My point being that morality has not set definition, unless you take it from the Bible and since the Mupets are not a church morality is subjective. Perhaps you found things objectional, but I did not. It's all subjective because there is no definition of decencey or morality. You can define all things that are rocks, or all things that are plastic, but not all things that are moral. And you could tape the special, watch it, and then let you kids watch it. It's what I would have done.

8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

9. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Thanks for the link.

10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Aww, I love that he had to do it twice, that's what made it funny! yeah you feel bad for poor old Fozzie, but look what he would do for all his Muppet friends! I love Fozzie's whole sence and I think it was making up for his more shorter shots in MCC and MTI. It would have been better if they got Steve Irwin as the Crocodile Hunter but I don't think Fozzie seemed dumb in IVMMCM. I''ll bet Fozzie will be more witty in wizard of Oz, his "Wocka Wocka" quote in the cage he's trapped in the Oz Teaser ad seems reasuring;-) Now that Fozzie has a steady puppeteer on hand working on the films he seems like his old self to me.

11. It looks like Fozzie will be telling Piggy's henchmen bad jokes to keep them occupied. Sounds like a very clever thing to do if you ask me.

Oh, and Fozzie facedthe lasers 3 times. Once without the bag, once to get the bag, and once with the bag. ;)

12. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Right, I was just going with the quote, speaking of which maybe it was four times...I doubt Bittermen turned them off when Fozzie left! ;) Poor Fozzie! :o

13. pppapazo

pppapazo New Member

14. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree, that is pretty clever. :)

15. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

It looks like that the production may be a musical. Being that the "clip" shown in the Disney Direct was of a musical number; I think we may get some new Muppety songs! Since 1996's Muppet Treasure Island we've not had many new Muppet music. Muppets From Space lacked any origianal Muppet songs, and IAVMMCM had only 1 real new song (Everyone Matters). I feel confident that these songs in this production will be great (it's the Muppets, how could they not be)- maybe not the very best Muppet songs of all time (but then again how can you top some of the classic songs like Rainbow Connection), but I don't think they'll be the worst things we've heard the muppets belt out. I can't wait! How about you all?

16. I hope we get another song like Everyone Matters. While that movie onlyhad one song (besidfes the musical number onstage) the song was great. Nothing big, just a simple piano and guitar and 2 characters like the good old days. I do miss great muppet songs. Love or hate MTI, we got some good songs out of it.

17. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Yes, we did.

18. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

That's fabulous! Thanks GelfingWaldo. Although the new song seems a bit cheesy (but who am I kidding, I love cheesy); and I found Pepe randomly blurting "I'm Just So Sexy" a tad unnecessary, but I'm not usually a complainer so I think it was great to see an actual shot of the movie, and Piggy and Kermit's chemistry was spot-on!

19. The Good Doctor

Give It A Rest!!

Look man, I do not know what your deal is. Perhaps you delight in having the last word, or in proving others wrong. I have taken it upon myself to openaly admit that i can see others point of view, as i have said many here have made excelent points that I have taken into consideration. Will I 100% agree with you on all things at all times, NO, NEVER, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I can define Morality in all of these definations which do not all come from the Bible you will find the common thread that it is a knowledge of right and wrong.
    Definitions of morality on the Web:

concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong; right or good conduct
    www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong
    www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

not imposed from outside, but innate and can even be unconscious. We have a fundamental urge to connect. Ultimately, it's our moral qualities that force us to live in harmony with the unconscious; doing so is the highest form of morality. Morality is individual; the morality of a group decreases as its size increases. (In Civilization In Transition, Jung differentates between moral code and conscience, which is anterior to it. Real conscience comes into play when two customarily moral ways of behaving collide.) Ethics are a function of the whole person.
    www.tearsofllorona.com/jungdefs.html

moral quality or character; rightness or wrongness, as of an action; the character of being in accord with the principles or standards of right conduct
    www.teachingaboutreligion.org/MiniCourse/glossary.htm

goodness according to a recognized code of conduct, as in: For their leader they chose a person of the highest morality.
    www.business-words.com/dictionary/M.html

Now For the last time get over it! :mad: