Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
....Incidentally, I wish this thread was simply titled "Muppet Monopoly coming soon" or something like that. I saw the game mentioned at another site, but when I came here to check it out, I couldn't find the thread at first.
Well, I was intentionally obscure when I named the thread (although the powers that be apparently decided to change it) -
I wanted to create an bit of mystery and have a surprise for folks as they discovered what was inside.....
I had no idea the reaction would be so over-whelming.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
I wanted to create an bit of mystery and have a surprise for folks as they discovered what was inside.....
and what a suprise it was!!:excited:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Sure, Uncle Duke, I understand wanting surprise. But keep in mind that I had given up looking for the Muppet Monopoly thread and was just kind of idly clicking on threads when I finally found this.

The name is changed now, but even if it hadn't, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Sorry to cause so much trouble.

camilla

Reaction score
Wow Muppet Monopoly/ I hope we get it in the UK. There is a london Monopoly but you can get regional ones. i'm sure there is a Manchester one and a Coronation Street one

Camilla

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I've stopped by to look at this board a few times before and this time was surprised to see a thread about the new Muppets Monopoly game! I work for USAopoly, the company that's making the game and I've actually been working pretty extensively on it over the past months! It's really exciting to see so much enthusiasm from you all about this game since I've been pretty excited about it too! I don't think (or at least I hope) that any of you will be disappointed with it. The picture that was linked to at the beginning of this thread was the early prototype box we did for Toy Fair. Expect the box that shows up in stores to look a LOT different! The tokens on the prototype box are actually not for the Muppets game at all, but were put there just to show the placement of the tokens on the box top and are actually the clapboard and lipstick tokens from our Betty Boop Monopoly game. I'm really not sure what I'm actually allowed to say about the game details right now, so I'll have to check at work on Monday and see what I'm allowed to tell you and what I'm not.

Since this isn't really giving anything away about the game, I can tell you that I personally worked on designing the Deed Cards, the Money, the Chance and Community Chest cards (renamed Chicken and Penguin Cards for this game), which I also wrote a few of, and the cardboard "platform" that sits inside the box next to the Banker's Tray. It's been a lot of fun working on this game and I'm really excited to see it soon in stores!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Monopoly Guy!!!!

Welcome to Muppet Central!!!! We love it when people who have worked on Muppet products come to the fourm!!!

it's neat that those aren't the peices and that we still don't know what they are yet. Chicken and Penguins all work well in Muppet games!!! Is there any chance you could tell us some of the muppets featured on the game wether it's just a small picture of them on the gameboard like Rowlf the Dog, Scooter, Pepe, Statler and Waldorf and such.
Thanks!

Zack,

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes i also LOVE when we get to hear from people making these products!

so is there a release date yet? i CAN'T wait!

Sarah

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yes, welcome to the forum, Monopoly Guy! :smile: Glad to hear that such love went into the game. I'm now VERY curious to see what the actual box looks like, though!

Just to clarify: you're saying that the tokens currently in the picture are Betty Boop tokens and NOT the ones used in the game? (I can't wait to see what the actual tokens are!)

Thanks for the update! Feel free to stop by and tell us anything else that management decides to let slip. :big_grin:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes, Zack the Dog, sarah_yzma and Chilly Down! I'm really excited about this game and would just love to spill my guts right now about the whole thing but I want to be absolutely sure I can before I do.

You are correct, Chilly Down, in saying that the tokens for the Muppet game are NOT the ones pictured on the prototype box top. I haven't actually SEEN the six new sculpted Muppet tokens yet but I probably will within the next two weeks because the final ones will need to be photographed for the packaging. Everything else on the game is wrapping up and I put the final touches on a few of the game elements this past week.

One thing I really like about this Monopoly version is that (as you can tell from the prototype picture) each of the property spaces has both a Muppet character AND location, such as Kermit the Frog's Swamp and Miss Piggy's Dressing Room. Each of the five characters you mentioned, Zack the Dog, have property on the game board (though two certain hecklers have to share one space together :wink: ). The characters are a mix of old and new, and a couple show up on the Chicken/Penguin cards that don't have property on the board.

I'm not sure when exactly the release date will be, but I can ask someone in Marketing. I can't wait to see the finished product on store shelves. :smile:

Joe

Reaction score
This is what I get for not visiting the USAopoly booth at Toy Fair... :wink:

Monopoly is my all-time favourite game, and unless my sister cheats (and she always does, because she refuses to play unless she's the banker) I always win :stick_out_tongue:

I can't wait for this one to come out, my Simpsons Monopoly is getting a bit worn out :smile:

Joe