1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by uncleduke, Apr 2, 2003.

1. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Hi Okay! Okay?

Great news about the tokens being ready, now you and Monopoly Guy can finally (a long with the other people involved) finish the box art and have the game completley ready.

I would guess your favorite is either Swedish Chef or Animal, for some reason i'm really looking forward to Piggy, Metal Pigs? who would have guess i was into that :eek:
  2. Okay! Okay?

Okay! Okay? New Member

My Comerade King Prawn

Thanks for the note.

Piggy does look great in metal, though she is quite svelt, more so than I would have thought, however this is the look that the Licensor approved and asked for!

Keep guessing on the fav.

O!O?
  3. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

The New Box Top is HERE!

Here is your EXCLUSIVE first peek at our newly completed box top! No one outside of the people working on this game have seen this...until now! Enjoy!

[​IMG]
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

ROWLF'S ON THE BOX!!! yaaaaay! Thank you for posting that!!! those two tokens look great! the box looks even better then before! more classic!!!

and about a metal Pig, once Miss Piggy was turned into stone on the Muppet show, not really the same thing, but kinda!:)

Zack)Rowlf the, happy, Dog.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh wow, those tokens are GREAT!!! I thought it would just be the head on a pedistal or somthing but those are NEAT!!! I think your favorite is Kermit.

I can't wait to see all the muppets in metel they will look so good, *looks around* What? I have faith and I am just hoping.
  6. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Very, Very, Very nice!

I love the Fozzie & Kermit tokens and the box has 6/7 of the Muppet Characters which i believe to be the classic main seven (Scooter is missing), I love it much more than the other, I didn't want to say anything before but good thing the other was a prototype.

Ps. Pepe would have looked great on the cover but oh well he's still in the game

And Okay! Okay? I think your fav has got to be either
    Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo or The Swedish Chef
  7. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

That looks wonderful!!! I love the picture of Gonzo on it:D I can't wait, you guys are awesome! And I agree with Beau, I think your favorite is Kermit too:)
  8. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

9. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

My vote for alternate tokens-
    :sympathy:
    :sleep:
    :boo:
    :attitude:
    Beauregard (sp?)
  10. Beauregard

I am really excited about this whole thing.

Monopoly Guy have you seen the tokens yet? Which is your favorite?

I can't wait to get it when it comes out but I'll have to rob a bank first...
  11. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

Beauregard,

I HAVE seen the new tokens. I actually got to play with them a bit on Friday. I think Kermit's probably my favorite of the bunch, but it's close. Sittin' on a log, strummin' his banjo, he seems a bit more animated than the rest.
  12. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

(Jaw drops) Wow! I liked the old cover, but this one is phenomenal! Great job, guys! :)

No problem about keeping score, Okay. :D Thanks for the reminder that these are NOT definite yet. Remember, folks, we have to make sales of the game good enough to justify these extension tokens! (Of course, I speak somewhat hypocritically -- I'm flat busted broke and need to worry about paying rent before even uber-cool Muppet merchandise like this. But the general principle still applies: if you want more Muppet merchandise, you have to support what's out there!)

Too bad Piggy's so svelte. They do that a lot in the merchandise these days. I guess they don't want to make fun of her weight. But if we make her a skinny supermodel, aren't we saying that looks really ARE important?
  13. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

The current tally:

1. Rowlf - 41 pts. (10 votes)
    2. Beaker - 26 pts. (8 votes)
    3. Pepe - 22 pts. (8 votes)
    4. Scooter - 21 pts. (6 votes)
    5. Sam - 18 pts. (6 votes)
    6. Janice - 13 pts. (6 votes)
    7. Beauregard - 7 pts. (3 votes)
    8. Bunsen - 7 pts. (2 votes)
    9. Rizzo - 6 pts. (4 votes)
    10. Dr. Teeth - 6 pts. (2 votes)
    11. Floyd - 5 pts. (2 votes)
    12. Waldorf - 4 pts. (1 vote)
    13. Statler - 3 pts. (1 vote)

Angus MacGoogle - 372 pts. (22 votes)

WHAT??? Angus, get away from the keyboard! Sorry, guys, that won't happen again.

Seriously, though, Rowlf's ahead by a serious margin now. (I like!) Pepe's pulled ahead of Scooter again. Beau and Rizzo have each made significant jumps. Beau got ranked higher by fans, though Rizzo has more votes. And the two old codgers have just entered the race. This is definitely staying interesting!

Anyone else care to throw in their two bits?
  14. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

:excited: I don't believe the excitement and happiness I'm feeling right now looking at that box top & the tokens can be expressed through typing!!!!!
    *Gets up & begins to dance*
    OK, happiness properly expressed!!!!!
    YAAAAAAAAY!!!! :D
  15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Sarah

i want....
  16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'm inclined to agree.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Did I vote yet?

Scooter
    Rowlf
    Beaker
    Pepe
    Janice
  17. Kevin

Kevin New Member

my pics

Janice
    Sam
    Floydd
    Beau
    rowlf
  18. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Sorry, Super Scooter, you already voted. :smirk:

1. Rowlf - 42 pts. (11 votes)
    2. Beaker - 26 pts. (8 votes)
    3. Pepe - 22 pts. (8 votes)
    4. Sam - 22 pts. (7 votes)
    5. Scooter - 21 pts. (6 votes)
    6. Janice - 18 pts. (7 votes)
    7. Beauregard - 9 pts. (4 votes)
    8. Floyd - 8 pts. (3 votes)
    9. Bunsen - 7 pts. (2 votes)
    10. Rizzo - 6 pts. (4 votes)
    11. Dr. Teeth - 6 pts. (2 votes)
    12. Waldorf - 4 pts. (1 vote)
    13. Statler - 3 pts. (1 vote)

Hey, everyone, Sam's just jumped in front of Scooter. Are we going to let this happen? :attitude: ;) Floyd is ahead of Rizzo, though Rizzo has more votes. Keep those votes coming.
  19. Okay! Okay?

Okay! Okay? New Member

You guys ROCK!

WOW, i must say that both Monopoly Guy and I are very pleased to hear the (Read actually, though secretly I do think we can hear it) excitement felt by this group for the soon to be released Monopoly® Game: Muppets Collector's Edition!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

Okay!Okay? seriously folks this game is going to be very HOT! I thik it may climb to the top 3, especially since it was all Pepés idea, OKAY! OKAY?

Oh, and my fellow King Prawn you got it, it is ONE of those! I would argee with Monopoly Guy in that Kermit does look VERY COOL, as does Animal, though I think my favorite would actually have to be......
    :crazy:
  20. Beauregard

How can your favorite token by Crazy Harry? He hasn't been made into a token has he?