Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
The game will be in stores around the end of next month (May). I'm working on getting together a list of the retailers that will carry it and will post that here within the next week or so once it's complete. I'm fairly sure it will mostly be available through specialty stores, but I'd like to wait until I get the full list together before I start naming definite names.

The game tokens will be made of pewter like all the previous Monopoly games we've done. The "Jail" is still just the "Jail" as well. The thing that separates USAopoly-made Monopoly games from any other "opoly" games is the fact that our games are approved by Hasbro and therefore we use the distinct Monopoly corner squares ("GO", "Jail", "Free Parking", and "Go to Jail") as well as the Mr. Monopoly character, "Monopoly" name, etc. Technically, the term "opoly" can be used by anyone to make a board game, and that's why any "opoly" like Catopoly or Dogopoly or Cucamongaoploy won't say "Monopoly" anywhere on it, nor will it have the trademark "GO" or "Jail" spaces, etc. Muppets Monopoly will have the exact same rules and game play as the classic Monopoly game. Accept no substitute! :wink:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'm getting more and more excited each time you post Monopoly Guy and the funny thing is i'm not a big fun of the game, it's a fun game but you need patience and of that i have none.

Anyway i'm buying two, one to play with and one to leave in it's box mint.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Awwwww....Dang...It comes out in LATE May.....Too late to be a b-day present. BUT, my sister's fiancee i a HUGE Monopoly freak, maybe I'll get them one for a wedding present!!! (My sister would SO kill me!!!!)

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
I've got some good news for you, King Prawn. The rule book that comes with Muppets Monopoly contains instructions for playing a shorter (but still fun!) version of the game play. It's perfect for anyone who likes Monopoly but doesn't have the patience for a long, drawn-out game. I've played a few short games of our Simpsons Monopoly before with friends who weren't up for a long game and it was a lot of fun.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy

I'll start by revealing what the playing pieces will be... CHARACTERS! You can play as Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, or the Swedish Chef!

Muppets Monopoly will be out in stores sometime in late May, and I'm working on getting you all a list of the major retailers that will carry the game.
Oh maaaan!!! Now I REALLY want to get it..... And I'm not even a fan of board games.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks Monopoly Guy, although i'll still play the actual game so i can say that I played Muppet Monopoly, but i'll also give the other style of playing a try:smile:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Monopoly Guy

Hey Monopoly Guy welcome to the board. Please tellme that the people in your exports department are working overtime to get this game into stores in England. I know you want to go international with this one.. Don't ya?
Jamie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy

I'll start by revealing what the playing pieces will be... CHARACTERS! You can play as Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, or the Swedish Chef!
Just out of curiosity, how does The Swedish Chef beat out characters like Rowlf, Scooter, Pepe, or Rizzo?

Oh, wait. That's right. There was one poll that said the Swedish Chef was even more popular of a character than Kermit. *sigh*

Everything sounds great so far!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I love the fact that the Chef is one of the pieces. That's the first token I want to use when I get the game!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
I love the fact that the Chef is one of the pieces. That's the first token I want to use when I get the game!
Oh, I love the fact there's a Chef piece too. Just, I would have prefered there had been more pieces to choose from. That's all. Didn't understadn at first how a character like Rowlf, who has been around for ages, could get bumped by the Swedish Chef who has, during his entire time, been reduced to ten second clips (even though Rowlf doesn't even get that anymore.).

Just a thought. I love the Chef. And, it is true. He is the most popular character (besides maybe Animal or Kermit) out there.

"So certain are you? Always with you what cannot be done."