1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by uncleduke, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Okay! Okay? New Member

Crazy Harry

Nooooo he isn't a token at this point, but I thought it too be a very fun play, in that CH showed up to blow up my answer....
    which was FOZZIE BEAR!!! Believe it or not. Though the others are quite wonderful as well

O!O?
    :rolleyes:
  2. MrsKalabash New Member

You mean they aren't? Gee doesn't Kermit make fun of Piggy because of her looks? And don't a lot of you here seem to get a kick out of that? :confused: :confused:

Me, I'd love to see Steve take the Kermit puppet and have him make a lot of Piggy fat jokes in front of an audience of women. Steve probably wouldn't make it out of there alive... ;)
  3. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Unless they were women who were skinny all their lives! Then, I doubt they'd care.
  4. Chilly Down Member

I don't think Piggy was originally intended as a metaphorical representation of a woman. The notion of a glamorous female pig was supposed to be funny in the same way that the completely ungraceful ostriches were when they did the ballet in Fantasia. Now she's more of a female icon, which is fine (except that it's less funny). But if she's going to be a female icon, then let her be a full-figured female icon, instead of saying "Well, now that she's an inspiration to people, let's remind them that thinness is the true measure of human worth."

Gosh, if you dislike Piggy jokes, you must have hated most of TMS.

(Incidentally, since this is off-topic, we ought to move this discussion to another thread unless we can wrap it up in 2 or 3 posts.)
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

We are not FAR off topic since we were discussing the Pig on the counter. *crash* The pig just fell through he counter!!!

So going back to Mononononpoly whe exactly is it coming out anyone know? We should start a countdown of the days...
  6. Zack the Dog Active Member

This game is going to be perfect for the Muppet party's i host!!

I guess we don't know an exact date yet?

Zack,
  7. MrsKalabash New Member

j

Oh, they'd care all right. And why? Because it's women who get the most criticism about weight, far more so than men. Doesn't matter if the woman is Camryn Mannheim or Calista Flockhart, they get it. At a time when much of the nation is struggling with weight problems of one kind or another, fat jokes are becoming less and less okay. But if the Muppet people want to continue doing them, fine. But they well may learn that, nowadays, a joke aimed at the gut seldom gets a belly laugh. ;)
  8. MrsKalabash New Member

You mean it isn't? Does Janice get made fun of because she's built like a drinking straw?

Frankly, I didn't care much for the show at times. And if you think that's odd, consider how poorly the show's reruns do in the ratings, which is why it's seldom shown today. Frankly I much prefer the movies.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

OMG, that SOOOO got a belly laugh outta me! That is a GREAT line!!!!

:o
  10. MrsKalabash New Member

Many thanks, bear of my heart. ;)
  11. Fozzie Bear Moderator

12. Beauregard Well-Known Member

If you are only a critic and don't like Piggy's weight then don't hang around on this board becasue we all think it is halarious.
  13. King Prawn New Member

Some like TMS to MT and some like MT better

Some think Piggy's annoying whilst some love her

Some want Disney to own the Muppets some don't

we all have difference of opinions and we shouldn't tell someone to leave just cause we don't like their's

Now i agree she sometimes is a little sarcastic but where's the harm in that and it's not like the only thing we talk about is Piggy's weight, actually we never talk about it, it's very rare that we do.

Anyway i just want to say that I love fat jokes... especially when they're aimed at Pigs and don't hurt anyone's feelings

:mad: <---- I better run!
  14. MrsKalabash New Member

And no differences of opinion are allowed here? What's your prob? Didn't I say I like the movies? And FYI, I have quite a muppet collection, including the Muppet Babies figures complete with their vehicles (tricycle, race car, skateboard) that McDonald's gave away some time ago, a Kermit doll my brother bought right after he saw the Muppet Movie during its first run at theatres, (it's in perfect shape, even has the tag with the date 1979 on it) PLUS a Rowlf puppet my dad bought when Rowlf was on the Jimmy Dean show (the puppet's in good shape, too, except that it's got a hole in the front of the mouth where my dad's fingers wore through). So kindly don't tell me I'm not a Muppet fan. There are things we all like and *dislike* about them, I'm sure. I'm just stating an opinion. Sorry if that offends you.
  15. MrsKalabash New Member

Thank you for supporting *everyone's* right to express an opinion. :)
  16. Chilly Down Member

17. MrsKalabash New Member

18. electricmayhem New Member

So back to MONOPOLY...we should have a countdown, that's a good idea Beau. I have one going for days of school left and days til Harry Potter 5 comes out and I certainly should have one for days til Muppet Monopoly! :excited:
  19. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Sorry, I started writing my reply before I saw that you liked the movies, I thought you said just that you didn't much care for the show. :o !!!

Sorry. I know that a couple of people have been offended by one of your posts, but you may have been jokeing. Sorry. We have had a few weirdos who only came here to poke fun at Muppets and Muppet Fans resently.

Sorry, again.

:zany: Beauregard :zany:
  20. MrsKalabash New Member

No need to apologize, Beau, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I truly love the first two Muppet movies and the TV specials, especially Muppet Family Christmas, which I have on tape and watch every Xmas without fail. :)