1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by uncleduke, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I asked once, I'll ask again, How much is this thing going to cost? I can't find it on any on-line stores, and I found practicaly NIL with my Google search so I was wondering.

Thanks,

;) :D :zany: :crazy: :sympathy:
  2. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

The cost will most likely vary depending on the retailer, but our Monopoly games are usually around $35.95
  3. Okay! Okay?

Okay! Okay? New Member

Monopoly Guy!

:) Hats off to Monopoly Guy, Okay!?
    He has put his heart and soul into the game, Okay!? Wait until you see the level of Muppetization (this is my new word, Okay!?) he has designed into the game!

I have a question for everyone: based upon the list of tokens that Monopoly Guy mentioned, what would be your top 5 alternates that will not be shipping with the game, okay?

with fun and wonder,

;)

Okay! Okay?
    ps- i too work with Monopoly Guy, for those of you who didn't catch that, Okay!?
  4. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Re: Monopoly Guy!

Hmmm...in addition to Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal and Chef I'd like to see....Rowlf, Sam, Scooter, Bunsen, and Rizzo. Ooh, and Beaker! Wait...is that what you meant?

:D
  5. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Wow! Sounds like Pepe's had a little too much caffeeine. ;)

Thanks for writing, Okay Okay. Here are my 5 alternates:

1. Beaker
    2. Rowlf
    3. Floyd
    4. Janice (for the ladies)
    5. Angus MacGoogle, the Argyle Gargoyle

Just kidding on that last one. Angus would rock, but there are too many other important characters who should get their due first. (In case you're unfamiliar, Angus is from the Star Wars episode.) So my real other choice is:

5. Pepe. (Or Rizzo. Or Scooter. Gosh, only 5?)

Who else was it that voted for Pepe? Now's your chance to make yourself heard! :)
  6. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Hi Okay Okay and welcome to the board :)

It's so hard to narrow it down to just five although we already have Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo & Chef but i'll do my best to keep it to five.

My 5 would be:

:confused:
    :eek:
    :rolleyes:
    :sympathy:
    & Rizzo

Thanks for taking the time (as well as Monopoly Guy) to come and join us here at MC
  7. Okay! Okay?

Okay! Okay? New Member

Thanks for the alternates...

Thanks Chilly Down, King Prawn and electricmayhem for your quick replies. Monopoly Guy and I have been talking about how difficult it is to always narrow down a list to just 6 tokens per game. This is why in our Simpsons game we had a chase token set of 4 more characters to buy.

I think my five would be as follows
    :flirt:
    with Crazy Harry, Rizzo, Bunsen and S&W close behind
  8. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

The five additional tokens I think should be included are:

;)

and Rizzo.
  9. Beauregard

Oh that is hard...

:attitude:
    ;)
    Beauregard

(Or :zany: )
  10. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

11. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Here are the results so far based on the 7 people who have voted. 5 points went to the first character they voted for, 4 points to the next character, etc.

1. Rowlf - 23 pts. (6 votes)
    2. Beaker - 17 pts. (5 votes)
    3. Pepe - 14 pts. (5 votes)
    4. Scooter - 12 pts. (4 votes)
    5. Sam - 11 pts. (3 votes)
    6. Janice - 8 pts. (3 votes)
    7. Bunsen - 7 pts. (2 votes)
    8. Dr. Teeth - 6 pts. (2 votes)
    9. Rizzo - 3 pts. (3 votes)
    10. Floyd - 3 pts. (1 vote)
    11. Beauregard - 1 pt. (1 vote)

And Angus casts one vote for himself and gets disqualified. :smirk:

It's shaping up pretty much how I expected, though there are a few surprises. Who'd guess that uptight Sam would beat hipster Floyd in a popularity contest? LOL!

Poor Beau. For the record, I considered voting for him, too. I just ran out of room.

I hereby cast additional votes for the cat with the eyepatch who always appeared in the background shots of the Muppet Theater, and Stu from Muppets Tonight. (hee hee)

Seriously, folks, the voting is NOT done yet. Your votes can affect who gets chosen for the chaser pack! Cast your ballots now!
  12. MrsKalabash

MrsKalabash New Member

Hmmm. Well, in THIS fan's opinion, "The Muppet Show" wouldn't have gotten where it - uh - got without Miss Piggy. She was by far the most popular character during the show's first run.

Just the facts, ma'am. ;)
  13. Beauregard

So I was just wondering if each property has a photo of that Muppet on it? Or is it drawings, because generaly Muppet drawings are not very good, (see stickers)

I guess that they would have used photocopys of the Muppets. Also are the Penguins/chickens in different poses on each card or are they the same and are they photos?
  14. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

Hey, Okay! Okay?
    While working on this game, at some point everyone in our graphics department here was talking like Pepe, okay. ;) There was MUCH humming of the Muppet Show theme song while we worked as well.

Just wait until you see the beautiful game board Okay Okay did for this game. We've been looking at the final printouts these past few days and the whole game is just really looking great and we couldn't be more excited about it.

Do I get to vote too? If so:
    Beaker
    Rowlf
    Sam
    Pepe
    Janice

As far as I can remember, there aren't any illustrations that made the final cut and all the images in the game are photographs--whoops! just remembered the line art drawing of Kermit on the deed card backs--so all the board spaces, deed card fronts, Chicken/Penguin cards, etc. utilize photographs of the Muppets. The chickens and penguins are all the same on the card backs.
  15. Beauregard

Ok, ok, that sounds great.

And at least we HAVE the c and p cards.
  16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Can I still vote?

;)
    :flirt:
  17. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Mine are...

Beaureguard
    Scooter
    Janice
    Floyd
    Zoot
  18. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

The new totals:

1. Rowlf - 31 pts. (8 votes)
    2. Beaker - 25 pts. (7 votes)
    3. Scooter - 21 pts. (6 votes)
    4. Pepe - 18 pts. (7 votes)
    5. Sam - 14 pts. (4 votes)
    6. Janice - 13 pts. (6 votes)
    7. Bunsen - 7 pts. (2 votes)
    8. Dr. Teeth - 6 pts. (2 votes)
    9. Beauregard - 6 pts. (2 votes)
    10. Floyd - 5 pts. (2 votes)
    11. Rizzo - 3 pts. (3 votes)

I'm counting Monopoly Guy's and Okay Okay's votes. They're voting as fans, not the manufacturers. :)

Rowlf and Beaker retain their top positions, but it's a close race for the remaining spots. Scooter has more points but less votes than Pepe. Same with Sam and Janice. The voting isn't closed till people stop voting or the extension line comes out, whichever comes first. Keep your votes coming in, folks! Yours could be the deciding ballot!

CD
    (who also knows how horribly addictive it can be to talk like Pepe, okay...)
  19. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh! i want's to vote's too okay?;)

ROWLF IS WINNING!

Rowlf
    Pepe
    Rizzo
    Sam
    Beaker

Zack)Rowlf the, hmm, Sweetums, Bunsen, Scooter, and Statler and Waldorf would make good one's too! Dog.
  20. Okay! Okay?

Okay! Okay? New Member

The Tokens Have Arrived!

Okay! So the tokens just came in off the first production samples for photography for the packaging, and WOW they look good OKAY! OKAY?

Our sculptor had many revisions to do to get them just right, and they are very cool...... I have my favorite, which I didn't think would have been so based upon the initial concepts, though it turned out wonderfully...any guesses?

Thanks Chilly Down for keeping a running tally of votes for the alternate/chase possiblities. One never knows if these things will happen, but it sure would be great to know that if it does happen this community was influential in the selection!!!

OKAY! OKAY?