Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm really excited about this game and would just love to spill my guts right now about the whole thing but I want to be absolutely sure I can before I do.

Go ahead, Monopoly Guy, spill your guts. We promise not to tell.

:halo:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! I got the "go ahead" today at work to totally spill my guts about the new Muppets Monopoly! So I'm here to answer ANY questions you've got about the new game!

I'll start by revealing what the playing pieces will be... CHARACTERS! You can play as Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, or the Swedish Chef!

Muppets Monopoly will be out in stores sometime in late May, and I'm working on getting you all a list of the major retailers that will carry the game.

I'm here to answer your questions, so fire away! :big_grin: It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
COOL!!!:cool:

So can you tell us what role Pepe plays in this game? In someway i really don't want to know too much, i would rather it be a Mistery untill i get the game an open it up!:smile: Thanks for all your info!

Zachary,

Manda:-D

Reaction score
COOOL!!!! I can see fights @ my house over who gets to be Gonzo!!! :big_grin:
I honestlt don't play board games much, (I'm more of a cards person), but I'm TOTALLY looking forward to this!!!!
(Any odds we may someday get a Muppet Trivial Pursuit??? Now THAT game is my forte!!! I have regular and Warner Bros. edition!!!)

King Prawn

Reaction score
Hi Monopoly Guy,

thanks for being the Ken we've wanted for this boardgame (Ken is the one in charge of the Muppet Line and is here (as you) to answer are questions regarding the line)

just one quick, maybe two... lets just say a couple questions.

here goes

1) Which would you say is the most obscure character to appear in the game?

2) will the monopoly money have muppet characters on them?

3) Apart from Kermit's Swamp & Piggy's dressing room what other sites can you buy?

4) You say that the cover art on the box has changed, could you maybe describe it to us, will it have a big clourful muppet picture on it such as the simpsons monopoly (I bet you've seen it before) or is it a slight change and is there still a picture of the actual board game on it?

thanks for your time and hope sales on this game go great for all of you who've worked on it.

I wonder what Monoply Guy's view is on a Fraggle Rock Monopoly

:confused:

Jim Henson's shows were joust made to be turned into Monopoly games with catchy names.

Muppopoly
Fraggle Rockopoly
Bear In The Big Blue Monopoly:rolleyes:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Pepe appears in a few different places. He's got a property of his own on the board (in the red section along with Sam the Eagle and the Swedish Chef), he's on at least one Chicken/Penguin card, and he shows up on the platform in the box, mingling with a handful of other Muppet characters. That's all I can remember off-hand. There's a great mix of old and new characters in the game, from Lew Zealand and the Muppet Newsman to Johnny Fiama and Sal.

I'd have to guess Marvin Suggs is the most obscure character in the game, but it might be a close race for that title. He appears on one of the Chicken/Penguin cards with his Muppephones.

I did a lot of work on designing the Muppets Monopoly money and it DOES have characters on each of the bills. The six higest denominations feature the same characters as the tokens: Kermit's on the $500, Miss Piggy's on the $100, Animal's on the $50, Fozzie's on the $20, Gonzo's on the $10, and The Swedish Chef's on the $5. Lastly, but certainly not least, I put Sam the Eagle on the $1, since the patriotic bird just seemed to me the perfect fit for a portrait on currency. I thought Sam would get a real kick out of being on a one dollar bill. :wink:

There's properties on the board for each of the major Muppet players (Fozzie's Comedy Club, Gonzo's Daredevil Stunt Show, Rowlf's Recording Studio), as well as a few rarer characters (Beaureguard's Supply Closet, Robin's Lilypad). There's also the Swinetrek, Muppet Labs, Electric Mayhem's Stage, etc. I'm not sure if you'd want me to list ALL the properties in the game here, but I probably could from memory. :wink:

As for the box top, it no longer has the game board featured on it and instead has... actually, I MIGHT be able to SHOW it to you. Sometime in the next few weeks, there's a chance I could give you all an early first look at the final box top. I can't guarantee anything... but there's a chance. :wink:

This has been USAopoly's first game featuring the Muppets and it's really been a blast to work on. I hope you all have as much fun playing it as we did making it. :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
I actually have a couple of questions:

First off, will this be available at some major retail chains (i.e. Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target, etc), or would a speciality store be the best location to pick this up.

What material are the playing pieces made from? Are they small metal playing pieces or plastic?

And finally, is the "Jail" Statler & Waldorf's Box? or is it still just the "jail"?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Very, very COOL, Monopoly Guy. Thanks so much! I don't want to know anymore myself...except maybe the new box. I don't want all the surprises ruined for me! :smile: Thanks again!

Let's see...Dark Crystalopoly? Nahhh...

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
All I want to know is WHEN will it be available and WHERE? All the other details will be a nice surprise.

Can't wait.