New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But I can wait longer if that means the film is done right!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Bad news from Insight

Checking their website, insighteditions.com, I noticed on their "Forthcoming Titles" page that they have several books coming in the fall, with Fraggle not among them. Since there was no listing, I decided to e-mail them and ask about it.

They replied saying that the book has been postponed, with no new release date.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I hope that in not why FR season four is not listed on amazon yet or I will cry :frown:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I talked with some people about the status of this release, and I have some information.

Yes, sadly the release of this book has been delayed. Note, I said it is "delayed" - it has not (I repeat, it has NOT) been canceled. While I couldn't get a single solid answer from anyone as to why the change occurred (they were probably several factors involved), a few insiders gave me their insights as to why this release might have been postponed:

1) This book will be a higher-price collectible item aimed mainly at harder-core fans, and it was originally planned to come out at the same time another higher-price collectible item (the season 4 DVD set) would be hitting store shelves. HIT/Henson may not have wanted to release two big Fraggle items at the same time that would basically be competing for the fans' money. While some fans may have gotten both items as soon as they came out, many wouldn't be able to get both right away and thus the fanbase's purchases would be split between the book and the DVD items and thus the initial sales of both items would suffer.

2) Like the MindStyle action figures, they may have choosen to save this book to be part of the bigger Fraggle Rock renaissance planned for 2009/2010 (along with the release of the movie)

3) The publisher and producers might just need more time to put together this book.

It is coming, just not as soon as originally announced. I will let you know as soon as it is back on the schedule or anything changes.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smirk: Grrrr. Well one thing Fraggle fans are is patient. We have to be.

I still disagree with the MindStyle decision to postpone the figures. I think if they were promoted on an insert with the final DVD set (other items are promoted in them already) and they contacted niche places like Hot Topic for some sort of exclusive figure version, that these would gain fast and popularity without delays and sly tactics. I understand retail support for Fraggle and Muppet items in general isn’t as strong as it used to be, but when the right product shows up in the right place and time it sells. :coy:

I do think the book should come after the DVD set. Two expensive items at once is too much for most people.

Thanks for the update! :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That is annoying, but hopefully we'll see the book at some later date. I just hope the DVD is still coming out!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I do think the book should come after the DVD set. Two expensive items at once is too much for most people.
Agreed. The movie itself is bound to set records, due to the original show's worldwide appeal.