1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. The Fraggle culture was always straightforward, I thought.
    Indeed. The Fraggles often-musical interactions with one another, the other species of the rock, and the unknown helped make the series into the gem it was and still continues to be.

Indeed. Just as Disney would have you Wish Upon a Star & The Muppets would try to help people find that Rainbow Connection, the Fraggle culture would always be one to get one to Dance [Their] Cares Away, so to speak.
    Like Boober. XD
    Agreed. The world as it is now in both the corporate sense and in the media sense proves as such.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Honestly, there's both humor and darkness about the show. Both are accurate and both are equally important.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Though true, the show was clearly meant to have a loveable & enjoyable, and yet, straightforward-with-no-strings-attached outlook.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It got a lot farther in talking about how its world works than many tv shows about other worlds that I can think of :)...
    I think that is one of the things I like best about it, while there are still somethings that they could have added depth to, it had a real ending that felt right, not just something slapped on at the last moment :)
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. And that my friends is the type of magic that cannot be broken!
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Hi again, wwfpooh!

I admire Jim and company for having such a perfect, moving ending, even though it wasn't going to get the larger recognition it deserved, at least at the time.
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

8. zns

zns Active Member

I just sent an email over to Insight Editions, just to see if there were any updates (plus I was bored today). I'll let you guys know what I hear as soon as I get a response. Hopefully it's still a delay nad not a cancelation.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, if anything, it'd be released around the same time that the movie premieres.
  10. vaati64

vaati64 Member

ok, now i'm lost. did the book get delayed? what happened?
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It was delayed. But the talk of the delay occured months ago!
  12. vaati64

vaati64 Member

oh. now I feel stupid! lol:o
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Don't feel stupid! It's easy to get lost in all of these random posts! :wisdom:
  14. vaati64

vaati64 Member

good point. lol
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. It's like a maze in here!
  16. zns

zns Active Member

Okay, now brace yourselves people. I just got a reply back from "Insight Editions", and they said that the book has officially been CANCELED. Like all of you, I am just as angry. My suggestion is that we maybe petition the publishers, since so many people are petitioning HIT about releasing season four on DVD.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Just great. First no seperate season four and now this!
  18. vaati64

vaati64 Member

oh great! what else could go wrong?
  19. zns

zns Active Member

We still have "Street Gang" scheduled for Dec. 26, and I think "Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years" is still in the works for 2009, although that's kind of a long way off. I think the blame mostly goes to HIT. We may have to contact them and see if we can square this out.
  20. vaati64

vaati64 Member

good point! I can't wait for that stuff, but now it wouldn't surprise me if they got canceled as well!