1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this January

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Oct 7, 2003.

1. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

:excited: I can't wait to see whats on that DVD :excited:

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

WOW, I have NEVER seen FR, so I can't wait!

3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Slight problem - I saw a release list to retailers today from CTHE, and 'Very Best Of The Muppet Show Vol 3' is on it for 26/1 but 'Fraggle Rock' is not listed !

4. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Let's just hope that's an error, I can't wait for FR to hit DVD's, I just hope it's quite afew epsidoes like 6 maybe not just three or something, although Season set's would be the best but if that's ever happening we're going to get some "bests of" of first to test the waters for these.

Just a thought could The Very Best of The Muppet Show Vol. 3 be either It's the Muppet's or More Muppets Please?

5. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Where did you find this out ? :o

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

I've been in contact with CTHE for a while now. I was sent the latest list, it's the same one they send to their retailers to update their schedules. Seems wierd that VBOTMS3 is listed but not FR. Maybe a delay ?

7. anathema

anathema Active Member

First hard information (from play.com): the disc will include "Muppet Fairy Tales", and "Muppets Celebrate 30 Years".

8. MuppetDanny

30 Yrs. Special!!!!! :excited: - wow!, that's a turn up for the books. I thought they would put the 2nd half of Fairy Tales on DVD

9. anathema

anathema Active Member

Uh, they are! :-P

10. MuppetDanny

There's going to a lot of mad :mad: fraggle fans if the FR DVD gets canceled (spelling ?)

11. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Oh wow, Thats fantastic!

I really like CTHE for what they have done with the Extras. They let us down a bit with Muppet Classic Theatre, But still thats something they could have sold alone anyway!

12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yay - 30 Yrs special. Never thought we'd be getting that on DVD. Fab !

13. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Very cool about the 30 year celebration special being on the DVD.

These extra's deserve DVD's of their own, Fairy Tales, £0 Years, the 2 full episode's... actually I still don't understand why they don't put the episodes as the actual thing although when you use the title "THe VEry Best OF" those little skits make more sense.

14. MuppetDanny

Everyone feels the same thing :boo:

Would be great if CTHE would use Playhouse specials (Like Kermit & Piggy Story ) as the main or special feature? :sing:

15. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

In a spooky coincidence,
    I was watching my Muppets celebrate 30 on Video the other day and I remarked to my friend that when the tape wore down I wouldnt know what to do.
    :D :)
    I do now

Jamie

16. Pino

Pino Member

Please let me know whn they have them and what the choices are on the menu.. Like subtitels etc...

17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What skits will be on the BTMS Vol. 3?

18. MuppetDanny

I hope they won't have too many of Vets hospital & Pigs in Space skits. They were loads of them on first 2 DVDs and not enough musicial numebers :boo:

19. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

I know everyone has jumped to the conclusion that this will be a new 50 minute compilation + extras but I think that they'll probably switch the format for this release.

The previous ones have been the 50 minute compilation + Extra Features (2 full episodes and a special).

However this time there are no episodes listed as extras and 2 specials listed instead (Muppet Fairy Tales & 30 Years) - so I'm guessing that the regular episodes (probably 2 or 3 of them) are now the main feature and we get two specials and the usual bios, quizzes, etc as the extras.

That would make more sense than editing a new compilation show as that would cost more money than just using stuff they already have!!!

Anyway I just hope that these continue to sell well as hopefully they'll throw the Jim Henson tribute special on a future release... or at least I hope they do as that really is The Very Best Muppet thing ever!!!

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm glad that they have it there..

but seriously... when are they going to wise up and release them here? Have you taken a look at the junk they shove on DVD's now? I mean, we have the most obscure sitcoms from the 70's in full season boxed sets, educational filmstrips from the 50's (Hemo the magnificent) and all these piddling little things that don't even deserve to be preserved for posterity.

I also want to think of the evil genius that designed the different regions. Probably just to snubb Americans.... :attitude: .. I know it sounds like I'm ranting but think of the tape trades we could have had! I mean, we USA fans are Dying to see Mopatop and the Hoobs, and I bet that we could share Between the Lions... but sadly, we had to create the rift of 2 (or more) regions...

Sigghhhh... Maybe We may actually See A Fraggle Rock region 1 DVD collection... but not before "The Best of What's Happening vol 5- episodes with shorted appearences of Rerun," "Care Bears season 1," and "Cheaply dubbed Monster Truck stock footage gone wild"