1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this January

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

I think one of the greatest things about DVD combined with the internet is how easy and cheap it is to get releases from all around the world.

Of course I've had a multi-region player since the early days (back in '98!) so I can pick and choose (in fact I used to buy DVDs exclusively from the US but as the format has taken off over here I have found myself buying more and more UK ones too). But my advice is either look into hacking your current player (which is often quite easy) or buy a new mult-region player which can be picked up quite cheaply if you shop around... and then you too can pick your DVDs from all around the world!!!

2. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Really? As in for sale now?

Nick :smirk:

3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

The French Fraggle Rock DVD set has been out for a while now. You can find it here

4. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Garsh! I need to keep up with my fraggles a little better. :smirk:

So, um, will the play on US DVD players?

5. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

You need a player that can handle Region 2.

I'am not sure, but I think I can remember that these DVD's don't have english subtitels.

6. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I'll hafta check my player.

Heh heh. So, does anyone know how I may be able to go about getting at set? :smirk:

Nick

7. anathema

anathema Active Member

You should be able to order them from amazon.fr.

However, some things to bear in mind: these have neither an English soundtrack nor subtitles; they're the French versions of the show (ie, the Doc/Sprockett and Traveling Matt segments are different); and they're PAL conversions from the original NTSC tapes. Very very *bad* conversions. I really wouldn't waste your money ;-)

8. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Ah, I see. I bought a set anyway just to add to my collection. Maybe some day I'll find a way to watch them. I've never seen a full episode with any of the foreign Docs.
    :smirk:

Nick

9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Update 2

I just found this at dvdtimes.co.uk............. And it's not good :o

What happened to Fraggle Rock? :confused: :eek: ....... I'm not happy :boo:

10. Luke

Luke Active Member

That was the same list I got, like I said - FR doesn't appear at all !

11. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

The Muppet Show Vol 3 is now up for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk aswell as Blackstar.co.uk, although accoding to Blackstar a 3-set of TMS DVD's will be released on the 26th too and Fraggle Rock is listed for a 26th release although they are both labelled as forthcoming, which I have no idea what this means, I presume it means they are waiting for confirmation of these releases,.

Am I right?

12. MuppetDanny

Great News :crazy: , Very likely this 3-DVD set is to be the "Very Best Of" ones with a fifty-minute compilation, 2 shows, etc. that is already released :(

13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

These are just for the UK though right? Has there been any word on US Fraggle Rock DVDs yet? I'd assume they're coming soon with the new 20th aniversary merchandise but I haven't heard squat.
    :smirk:

14. MuppetDanny

Yep, Only for the UK at the moment. I don't know about the US :smirk: - SORRY :)

15. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Yea I figured it had to be that, they did the same thing with the US releases Columbia started releasin (The Time-Life ones)

16. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I can bet almost anything that the cover they'll use will be the same one as the pic used in the center of the Monopoly board minus Pepe.

17. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

you should have to apologize, look how much we get that you don't!

18. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

Of course the main question is as this is a UK release will we be seeing our version with Fulton Mackay and the lighthouse or the US version with Gerry Parkes?

Obviously I grew up watching the UK version and for me that is the true Fraggle Rock - over the last few years I've downloaded some of the US episodes but their workshop location never seemed as magical as the UK lighthouse.

But that said it would be interesting to see some more US episodes... but I'd probably enjoy the UK ones more!!! ;)

Out of interest does anyone know if they are planning season sets or "best of" compilations???

19. MuppetDanny

I predict earlier in this thread that I will very likely it will US shows along with (with hope) "Down at - Making of FR" as a special feature (Like the UK Best of TMS DVDs).

Sorry - I didn't mean it as I'm glad the UK is get great stuff than US . I meant it as "my friend" like. No hard feelings :p

20. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I think she meant "shouldn't" this conversation you two are having is a bit :confused: for me, so i'll keep out of it.

oh yea and The Muppet Show Volume 3 YayyyY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)