New Henson Region 2 DVD's coming this January

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Oh wow, Thats fantastic!

I really like CTHE for what they have done with the Extras. They let us down a bit with Muppet Classic Theatre, But still thats something they could have sold alone anyway!

Luke

Reaction score
Yay - 30 Yrs special. Never thought we'd be getting that on DVD. Fab !

King Prawn

Reaction score
Very cool about the 30 year celebration special being on the DVD.

These extra's deserve DVD's of their own, Fairy Tales, £0 Years, the 2 full episode's... actually I still don't understand why they don't put the episodes as the actual thing although when you use the title "THe VEry Best OF" those little skits make more sense.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
I still don't understand why they don't put the episodes as the actual thing although when you use the title "THe VEry Best OF" those little skits make more sense.
Everyone feels the same thing :boo:

Would be great if CTHE would use Playhouse specials (Like Kermit & Piggy Story ) as the main or special feature? :sing:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
In a spooky coincidence,
I was watching my Muppets celebrate 30 on Video the other day and I remarked to my friend that when the tape wore down I wouldnt know what to do.
:big_grin: :smile:
I do now

Jamie

Pino

Reaction score
Please let me know whn they have them and what the choices are on the menu.. Like subtitels etc...

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
What skits will be on the BTMS Vol. 3?
I hope they won't have too many of Vets hospital & Pigs in Space skits. They were loads of them on first 2 DVDs and not enough musicial numebers :boo:

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I know everyone has jumped to the conclusion that this will be a new 50 minute compilation + extras but I think that they'll probably switch the format for this release.

The previous ones have been the 50 minute compilation + Extra Features (2 full episodes and a special).

However this time there are no episodes listed as extras and 2 specials listed instead (Muppet Fairy Tales & 30 Years) - so I'm guessing that the regular episodes (probably 2 or 3 of them) are now the main feature and we get two specials and the usual bios, quizzes, etc as the extras.

That would make more sense than editing a new compilation show as that would cost more money than just using stuff they already have!!!

Anyway I just hope that these continue to sell well as hopefully they'll throw the Jim Henson tribute special on a future release... or at least I hope they do as that really is The Very Best Muppet thing ever!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad that they have it there..

but seriously... when are they going to wise up and release them here? Have you taken a look at the junk they shove on DVD's now? I mean, we have the most obscure sitcoms from the 70's in full season boxed sets, educational filmstrips from the 50's (Hemo the magnificent) and all these piddling little things that don't even deserve to be preserved for posterity.

I also want to think of the evil genius that designed the different regions. Probably just to snubb Americans.... :attitude: .. I know it sounds like I'm ranting but think of the tape trades we could have had! I mean, we USA fans are Dying to see Mopatop and the Hoobs, and I bet that we could share Between the Lions... but sadly, we had to create the rift of 2 (or more) regions...

Sigghhhh... Maybe We may actually See A Fraggle Rock region 1 DVD collection... but not before "The Best of What's Happening vol 5- episodes with shorted appearences of Rerun," "Care Bears season 1," and "Cheaply dubbed Monster Truck stock footage gone wild"