New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a new member, so I thought that I would go ahead and introduce myself. I am a 27 year old graduate student, and my first real passion, when I was 2-3 years old, was the Muppets. Not Sesame Street mind you, but the Muppet Show. I watched it every night around dinner time, and when it stopped coming on, I wore out the Betamax copies of the show and of the Great Muppet Caper. I even saw a live Muppets show once which was bizarre (I remember Beauregard standing on a ladder to fix something, getting electrocuted, and falling off, which really traumatized me). Recently I've been getting back into my other childhood passions: Transformers and G.I. Joe; and this was the next logical step. I still think that the Muppet Show is one of the top 5 shows ever, up there with All in the Family and the Wire, and I can't wait for the Season 2 DVD.
Welcome karramazovo80 i hope that you have a great time here this is a wonderful place with great people i am so glad that you love the muppet show as much i do . the muppet show is my all time faverite henson show i watch it a lot .

i can't wait for season 2 either it is going to be great .

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a new member, so I thought that I would go ahead and introduce myself. I am a 27 year old graduate student, and my first real passion, when I was 2-3 years old, was the Muppets. Not Sesame Street mind you, but the Muppet Show. I watched it every night around dinner time, and when it stopped coming on, I wore out the Betamax copies of the show and of the Great Muppet Caper. I even saw a live Muppets show once which was bizarre (I remember Beauregard standing on a ladder to fix something, getting electrocuted, and falling off, which really traumatized me). Recently I've been getting back into my other childhood passions: Transformers and G.I. Joe; and this was the next logical step. I still think that the Muppet Show is one of the top 5 shows ever, up there with All in the Family and the Wire, and I can't wait for the Season 2 DVD.
Hay! Glad to have to here with us! Really looking forward to season tow, too! Welcome!:smile:

tiram90

Reaction score
Hi! :big_grin:

Hi!

I'm Marit, I'm 16 years young, from Norway. I've loved the muppets all since I saw Sesame Street (the Norwegian version) as a little kid. :smile:

Then I discovered the muppet movies, and The Muppet Show, and now I'm totally addicted :big_grin:

I'm looking forward to spend time here! :excited:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Welcome Marit! It's great to have you here, and I look forward to seeing you around!
:smile:

Kate

moodswinggirl

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Mela from the Philippines. I grew up on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show reruns. And weekly viewings of The Storyteller was always a family event in my house. I'm 25 and am currently a filmmaker-in-training and a freelance something or the other.

MuppetGirl85

Reaction score
Ohmygawsh, so many new peoples! I'm sorry I didn't get to say hello to all of you, but to Mela, Marit, karamazov80, KBLee, blazar bob, and anyone else who posted but I didn't get to meet, welcome! ^_^ Hope you all enjoy your stay here, and look around for threads that interest you; just join in whenever you feel like it.

P.S. Job hunting and working a part-time job until I can get a full-time position in my degree field can take a lot of time away from here. >>;;;;;

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Mela from the Philippines. I grew up on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show reruns. And weekly viewings of The Storyteller was always a family event in my house. I'm 25 and am currently a filmmaker-in-training and a freelance something or the other.
Hi!

I'm Marit, I'm 16 years young, from Norway. I've loved the muppets all since I saw Sesame Street (the Norwegian version) as a little kid.

Then I discovered the muppet movies, and The Muppet Show, and now I'm totally addicted

I'm looking forward to spend time here!
Hi fellow fans,

I'm probably older than the median (which appears mid twenties). I saw the original Sesame Street as it aired, I've probably seen them all (not that I remember much until a bit later).
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on and off for a while and finally decided to start posting a bit. I was a huge fan of all things Henson growing up (as well as Disney) and it's great to have a place where I can find others who share my passion for all things Muppets. Sad to say I don't really have anyone else in my life (besides maybe my mom) who gets as much enjoyment out of watching old Muppet and SS clips. Glad to be here
hi everybody, my name is jake and i am a puppet maker in the uk, i work for puppetechnics.com i think its really pro what we do, check us out!
Howdy All. I have lurked off and on for a while. I look forward to joing the conversations finally.
hello muppet fans, my name is blazer bob and i have been a total fan of jim henson and ALL the MAGIC he has created for the world especially KIDS. there isn't anything he created that hasn't touched the hearts of all kids(and BIG ADULT KIDS TOO!). i especially am greatful to mr.henson because of all the wonderful things he created for kids has made my life easier.HIS movies and shows etc are timeless entertainment for my now 18 year old autistic non-verbal son. he has enjoyed every minute of every show he has watched.he continues to favor Muppets and Winnie the Pooh.I can't tell you how many times over and over i have watched jim henson's movie/show creations---and everytime new i see different parts of the magnificent detail that jim and his people put into every minute of the show/movie. i will always be in awe!
Welcome to the boards everyone! :big_grin:

Cecilia5

Reaction score
Hi ya'll!

I'm 20 years old, raised on Sesame Street, Plaza Sesamo (hey, it counts), The Muppet Movie, :smile: Fraggle Rock, :excited: The Muppet Show, and Muppet Babies.

I also own a very nice book titled "The Muppet Show Book" which is from 1978!