1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. shenphong

shenphong New Member

It must be the time for lurkers! I've been lurking the forum for about 3 years off and on along with a pixar forum and thought I'd finally join! I'm on several other online forums using the same screen name so if you are on therpf, rebelscum, or sideshow freaks, send a hello!

I grew up with the muppets, watching muppet babies, the earlier muppet movies and specials, and even remember watching Muppets Tonight. Thought I'd finally join and revel among all the other muppet fanatics here. Glad to be here and hope to join the party for a long time to come!
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow...another lurker comes out of the darkness...Yaay!

I want to say "welcome to the forum," but then again, since you've already been here, it doesn't make sense to welcome you...so...um...Hope you enjoy yourself here!
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Wow! It's a pleasure meeting you, shenphong.

I'm a big fan of The Muppets, too.
    Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time and I hope I get to hear more from you soon! :)
  4. rogue raven

rogue raven New Member

Hi, Everyone! I am a Labyrinth fan.
    My favourite movies are Pirates of the Caribbean, Inception, and of course, Labyrinth. I'm probably one of many that really, really wishes that a sequel or even a prequel to Labyrinth would be created. HOW can we make this happen? WHO do we talk to?
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Welcome! You can try the Fantacy Worlds section.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome Birdon the Bird and rogue raven! You both should fit in well here!
  7. Ceris

Ceris New Member

Hey...
    Kinda new here.. been reading for awhile and only started posting...
    I'm not new to Muppets. I've loved them for as long as Sesame Street has existed./
    I'm new to forums and websites and podcasts and a community that I didn't know existed until recently.
    I teach Drama/Dance/Music. I direct and perform and I decided that because I'm gonna die one day, (I'm not sick, I just understand my mortality), that I'm not wasting time wishing I was doing something, I'm gonna do it. So, I've recently rekindled my muppetational obsessiveness to my great satisfaction.
    This summer has been very muppety - Starting in April when my husband and I flew to NYC for the Carnegie Hall performance and finished the weekend with a Stuffed and Unstrung performance.
    We also went to Montreal for the Muppets at Just For Laughs - amazing!!!
    And I've attended two weekend workshops with Michael Earl through The Puppet School.
    Made it to the Puppets UP festival in Almonte and also made it to Atlanta to visit the Center for Puppetry Arts. Great fun - all of it. And it's just the start!
    Glad to be here.
    Fragglemuppet and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hello, Ceris! Welcome to forum!
  9. Ceris

Ceris New Member

THANKS! Like I said, It's great to be with like-minded, Muppety people!
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes it is. And believe me, you'll be spending a lot of time with them if you fall into the MC trap...as I did a while back...I still have yet to come out of it:p
  11. Ceris

Ceris New Member

Why bother trying to come out of it? It's a great place to live.
    Fragglemuppet and Hubert like this.
  12. TestudoTerrapin

TestudoTerrapin New Member

I am sure I will!!!!
  13. FrackleFan2012

It's nice to see you, Rogue Raven! Hope you have a lovely time!
  14. FrackleFan2012

Wow! You're very lucky!
    Also, it's nice to meet you, Ceris! I hope that Just for Laughs show airs on TV in the United States of America.
    I hope you have a great time in the forum! :)
  15. Furshizzle

Furshizzle New Member

The whole family grew up with the Muppets. I own the Muppet DVD collection, and formed a new appreciation for Henson's work. They make me laugh, and they radiate creative energy like no other art form. A few skits really blew me away when I watched them recently, everything from "Andy Kaufman" style humor that I missed, to slapstick, to "Brando" quality theater....but almost always tongue in cheek. I worked with foam epoxies, and found it to be difficult. I made a few dramatic YouTube skits, and better appreciate how it's sometimes easy, sometimes difficult....depending on what I ate for breakfast, the stars, and karma....but Henson's energies were always overflowing. Peace.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  16. FrackleFan2012

Wow! Nice to meet you, Furshizzle! Welcome to the forum. I hope you have a lovely time here.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome Furshizzle! Hope you enjoy it here.
  18. dreadnok

dreadnok Member

hey i am new here just started building puppets this weekend and i am enjoying it a lot. hope to speak to lots of you and look through here to get some more idea
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  19. FrackleFan2012

Awesome! I really love your puppets! Anyway, welcome to the forum!
    I hope to see more pics and videos of your puppets! :zany:
  20. FrackleFan2012

I forgot to say this question. Do you have a website?