New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Kerri

Reaction score
You Rock!

Hello to all my fellow Muppet friends! I have been lurking in the forums for a good 2 years now and this is my very first post. I am a karaoke host in Southern California. I like to dress up like "Weird Al' Yankovic and sing his parody songs at my karaoke show. I have always loved the Muppets and wanted to try something new; I really wanted to perform "Rainbow Connection" and sing as Kermit the Frog. Awhile back I read here on the forums where to find the best Kermit puppets (Eden and Sababa) and I tracked these on ebay. After practicing with the puppets I have videos of my performances on my myspace page plus an interview for an upcoming movie with my puppet as "Kermit D. Frog"! I now enjoy performing with puppets so much I just had to buy more puppets! I'm still looking for a really high quality Kermit puppet. I had a Master Replicas Kermit poser but it was stolen. Now unfortunately I can't afford to replace him. Thanks for the chat Muppet Central!:smile:

Kevin
(you can message me if you would like to see my Kermit performance videos)

KEVIN! Good gosh I don't know where to begin... you're AWESOME! I had an absolute ball watching your videos, you do an incredible Kermit voice... I only wished the audio quality had been a little better in the recording, what with the screaming fans overpowering you on occasion... but... WOW, you're so incredibly talented and funny as ****, I especially enjoyed your interview 'as Kermit', it was hysterical. But my FAVORITE, was the Glycerine Medley, I was sitting here singing along with you, it was great fun! How you got all those old favorites all fitting into one song/beat... it was hysterical... but enjoyable as well, cause you just know I was singing and laughing through the whole thing... kudos to you! An especially funny moment was you doing "I would walk 500 miles", doing the hand motions they did in the original video, and that I even remembered that at all, made me just laugh like an idiot, it was great! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it! Take care, please keep us/me! posted with information on where we can enjoy more of your work! Take care Kevin, great meeting you, such a talented guy! Wish you were out here in Connecticut!

TK1994

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm new here, but I've been slowly building my Muppet collection for years. The reason I registered tonight is my wife and I were downstairs opening everything and setting it up. After 4 or 5 years of keeping these in their packages, or neatly packed away in baggies...they're finally going on display! :smile:

muppetkaraoke

Reaction score
Thanks Kerri! I am completely overwhelmed! I can't thank you enough for those wonderful comments! You have warmed my heart AND made my day! Thanks to the other members for their kind words too.
"I think I'm gonna like it here!"

Kevin saying,
"Hi-Ho!"

Kerri

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm new here, but I've been slowly building my Muppet collection for years. The reason I registered tonight is my wife and I were downstairs opening everything and setting it up. After 4 or 5 years of keeping these in their packages, or neatly packed away in baggies...they're finally going on display! :smile:
Hello, welcome to the group :smile: It's nice when you can finally set up your collectables, I'm sure, enjoy them and show them off some! See you around :smile:
Kerri

TK1994

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I actually think I registered here a long time ago, but my username of choice was not on the members list (nor could I get it when I tried to sign up) so I picked this one.

Been setting up figures all week, and I'm even using the classifieds to pick up a couple I am missing. Hopefully, I'll have my whole collection on display within the next week or so...and can post pictures.

TK1994

Reaction score
Got a bunch more figures set up today. So, is there a photo section of this site for sharing collection pictures? I'd love to check out other people's setups (and soon add my own).

-Josh

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi TK. There is a thread here about people's collection displays, you just have to search for it. As for posting photos, MC doesn't allow that as a general rule. But there are two ways you can get around that...
1 Take the picture, resize it, and upload it as your new avatar.
2 Create an account at a photo-hosting website like www.photobucket.com or www.flickr.com, load the photos to your member account there, and then you'll have a link to come back and post here for people to click on and see your photos. You'll have to have posted a total of ten (10) posts before you can post links to external sources outside of MC though.
Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

TK1994

Reaction score
Cool, I'll start looking for the photo thread to check out other people's collections (and there are plenty of places online I could host pictures of mine).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm Marit, I'm 16 years young, from Norway. I've loved the muppets all since I saw Sesame Street (the Norwegian version) as a little kid. :smile:

Then I discovered the muppet movies, and The Muppet Show, and now I'm totally addicted

I'm looking forward to spend time here!
Hi Marit!

Hi, I'm Mela from the Philippines. I grew up on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show reruns. And weekly viewings of The Storyteller was always a family event in my house. I'm 25 and am currently a filmmaker-in-training and a freelance something or the other.
Hi Mela!

Well I'm new here in my Quest for a unButchered "Emmit Otter..."
However, being a muppet fan since the first season of Sesame Street
it's neet to see who else Jim Henson warped LOL!
Can any one else remember the original " Mah-nuh, Mah-nuh" ?
Hi Chefothefuture

Hey everyone, I'm technically new here (even though I signed up a while back, I never got around to posting until now).

Various Muppet-related facts about me:
  • I have the Applause Ernie puppet, and I think I have Bert somewhere too.
  • I had an Elmo In Grouchland poster laying around, but due to carelessness it got trashed. ...I hated that movie anyways
  • I think Sesame Street was much better before it started revolving around that little red monster we know as Elmo.
  • That new TMX Elmo is just freakin' creepy.
  • And so is that TMX Ernie.
  • And TMX Animal... wait, I don't think that exists, but if it did it'd probably scare the bejeezus out of kids (imagine Animal flipping out on your floor! O_O)
  • I think Muppetvision 3D and Muppet Up are freakin' awesome
...Did I forget anything?
Hi chris!

Hello all. Apologies, but I'm not actually here to talk extensively about Muppets, just to ask a question about something. But who knows, I might stay. Stranger things have happened. But, like most of you, I was brought up watching Sesame Street, and it has a fond place in my heart.
Hi ReborniInFlames!

Hi
Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Mags and I am a self confessed 'Muppets Fan', I have loved watching the Muppets ever since the 1970's when they were shown here in the UK. My favourite Muppet is 'Animal'. I have dragged my now husband all over the UK looking for Animal, poor guy he was so tired and it took me about 6 months to find one. This would include emailing Henson.com and asking where I could buy one. So, just a quick 'Hello' from the UK to everyone.
Hi mags!

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to say HEY HEY! I'm alive I'm here so now what? lol
Hi Rose,556775!

:smile: Hi!

My real name is Paige. I live in Greenville, Mississippi.I have always loved Jim Henson since I was little, but it wasn't until I was older that I realized that I live 10 miles away from where he was raised. The hospital he was born in is right around the corner from my home. The Jim Henson museum I visited often when I was a child, which is located in his home town, Leland, Mississippi. Originally, what attracted me was Kermit and Miss Piggy "The Muppet Movies", and I loved Cookie Monster, and the Fraggles. When I saw Labyrinth & Dark Crystal, though, is when I fell in love with his work. Jim was really an amazing and imaginative person. I am proud that such good work came from such a small place.
Thank You for inviting me to your family!

-Paige
Hi Page!

Names Nathan from chicago, the windy city, just thought about being on this cool site was to ask questions about old sesame street clips from 1980's to mid 90's. college studnet, and working with lego's, but im seeking to find a human guy that made shadows on the sesame street show, and wondering if any body could help me locate it.
Hi Nathan!

HOLA! my name is kyle, i'm 18, and i come to you all from florida! i adore puppetry, and especially FRAGGLE ROCK... if you want to more just ask!... pm me if you wish, cause i am going to bed right now!see ya all later!
Hi Kyle!

Howdy folks
Just wanted to introduce myself too!
I'm Stacy... 35 yrs young... and constantly on the road...
Anywho, just bein' friendly! See ya'll around!
...Stacy
HI FromTheBalcony!

Hello to all my fellow Muppet friends! I have been lurking in the forums for a good 2 years now and this is my very first post. I am a karaoke host in Southern California. I like to dress up like "Weird Al' Yankovic and sing his parody songs at my karaoke show. I have always loved the Muppets and wanted to try something new; I really wanted to perform "Rainbow Connection" and sing as Kermit the Frog. Awhile back I read here on the forums where to find the best Kermit puppets (Eden and Sababa) and I tracked these on ebay. After practicing with the puppets I have videos of my performances on my myspace page plus an interview for an upcoming movie with my puppet as "Kermit D. Frog"! I now enjoy performing with puppets so much I just had to buy more puppets! I'm still looking for a really high quality Kermit puppet. I had a Master Replicas Kermit poser but it was stolen. Now unfortunately I can't afford to replace him. Thanks for the chat Muppet Central!

Kevin
(you can message me if you would like to see my Kermit performance videos)
HI Kevin!

Hey guys!

I've been a lurker for a while...but I thought I'd say hello! My name is John and I'm a graphic designer living and working in South Carolina and New York City. My whole life has been surrounded by The Muppets...and it doesn't help that my last name is Henson and my dad and brother are both named Jim! I was obsessed with Miss Piggy as a child...and I can remember calling up the local television station, age 6, in my best Miss Piggy karate chop voice, demanding them tell me why the weekly broadcast of THE MUPPET SHOW was not telecast! I grew up with The Muppets. Sesame Street helped raise me, and I had every Muppet toy imaginable growing up. I also watched Fraggle Rock religiously, as well as the MUPPET BABIES cartoon on saturday mornings. As an adult, my favorite muppets are Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Pepe and Kermit. Good things never die. ;O )

The only other member here that I know is Artie Espisito (we went to college together)...so say hello if you've got a moment!

-John
HI John!

Hi TK1994!

Hellow to all the new people!

Stuffed Frog

Reaction score
Hi to all Frogs, Pigs, Bears, Humans and everything else here!

Allow me to intruduce myself: I was born 33 years ago (and still in excellent shape), I'm from Germany, I'm a fan of the Muppets since my childhood. I grew up with Sesame Street of course, I also watched the Fraggles, Dark Crystal and loads of the other stuff. My favourite muppets are Kermit, Fozzy Bear and Gonzo, I also was always an admirer (and I'm still an admirer) of the late Jim Henson.... a genius who died too young... so many years and I still miss him. I'm also a huge fan of the Star Wars Saga, Indiana Jones, LOST, I like horrormovies (Muppets and Horror sounds sort of weird, but I'm a moviefan at all), I like collect autographs and DVDs.... etc.

Best from the Stuffed Frog from Germany. :smile: