New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Puckrox

Reaction score
Hola nettleface! Nice to meet you! We'd all love to see some pictures of your creature costumes, and maybe even some of your puppets too! :smile:

nettleface

Reaction score
Haha I've been putting off going to sleep for far too long now i've found the puppetry section, so so many puppets ahh!

I'm a bit rubbish with figuring out how to get photos up on boards but I will when I crack that. That manky looking thing in my avatar is a big walk-about puppet I made in my final year for my degree. Many happy hours sculpting warts and punching hair!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
Gorgeous puppet nettleface! Welcome in!

What's its name, by the way?
----------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Hi I am bbf, I'm 14 a member of the LDS church, andI've known the Muppets since I was little. The Reason I call myself bouncingbabyfig, is because my parents remind me of Kermit and Miss Piggy. I enjoy singing and reading and writing as well. I'm half scottish and my favorite Muppets are Miss Piggy, Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie, every muppet, etc.... yep that's me.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Welcome in bouncingbabyfig! I can't imagine a better set of parents than those who seem like Kermit and Piggy...how lucky for you! :smile: You'll have fun here. Just remember a few basics: don't encourage the hecklers, don't feed the drummer, don't make pork jokes around a certain diva, and don't say the word "blast" in conjunction with--- oh no...
:crazy: hahahahahahah!
BOOOOM

sigh. You get the idea.
--------------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
When I was young.....no but really, the oldest thing I remember watching was Muppets. When I was iddy-bitty and my parents were po' hippies (think: Janice and Floyd getting married as teenagers) we lived in a trailer and couldn't afford cable, so we had VHS's. And not many of those either. But the first movies they bought me were The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Fairy Tales (or whatever it's proper name was, post-Henson stuff, anyone remember?) and two complications of Muppet show skits. I still look for those cozy old tapes whenever we dig up an old box of storage junk. I remember only a few of the sketches, including Fozzie and Kermit digging through an attic and finding the muppaphones who said they were hiding from Marvin Suggs, the episode were Kermit fired Mrs. Piggy (always made me cry), Ukelele Lady and Six String Orchestra. It may have been the whole Star-Wars bit, but that's the only part I remember. I also owned an adorable Sesame Street 30-year-anniversary Kermit doll who song Caribbean Amphibian. My Grandfather still has him, and no amount of bribes or threats will take him away. :mad:
Eventually we got a lot richer, and I owned Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets Take Manhattan. One new years day I was allowed to stay up all night and watch cartoons, and I remember only falling asleep The Muppet Babies. The first time but not the last. Of course, getting older I was interested in other things: but a few years ago I came down with severe-anxiety, which inevitably leads to depression. It was a dark time of my life, and I still thank the good Lord each night he sent the Muppets. I rediscovered that indescribably awesome nostalgia that Henson captured...and it gave me something wonderful to distract me from this 'cynical world' teenagers are normally obsessed with.
My favorite character is Scooter: I don't wear glasses nor do I own a track jacket, but I am darn good at whipping up coffee when it's needed. I was awarded the title of official house go-fer by my mother, who passed a away a month and a half ago. She was a fellow Christian and Muppet fan and will be sorely missed. She was the Rowlf/Kermit to my Scooter, she always used to say.
Now, I'm just a sixteen-year-old geek with a Muppet movie vinyl soundtrack eternally spinning on the turntable, dreaming of becoming a writer. I've been reading this forum ever since I googled 'Muppet fan-fic' and ended up at three in the morning praying Robin came out of his coma. You guys rock, and I can't wait to get to know you more. Sorry for the auto-biography, but you asked! :wink:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
^ Dear We Got Us: You rock. Just sayin'. And I think we're going to get along juuuuuust fine. :big_grin:

My condolences on the loss of your mother. :frown:

We Got Us

Reaction score
^ Dear We Got Us: You rock. Just sayin'. And I think we're going to get along juuuuuust fine. :big_grin:

My condolences on the loss of your mother. :frown:
Meeeeee tooo, thanks! AND as far as your signature goes, we have something in common there as well. :big_grin: And thank you for my condolences, my mother was an avid Muppet fan too, just another reason they make me happy :wink:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Welcome We Got Us. My condolences for your family. It's a hard thing living in this world as a teenager, but I think all of us have formed a family. One that's not judgemental, or harsh. Welcome and Thank you! Jim Henson was a wonderful man. I'm glad he helped you too.:jim:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Welcome We Got Us. My condolences for your family. It's a hard thing living in this world as a teenager, but I think all of us have formed a family. One that's not judgemental, or harsh. Welcome and Thank you! Jim Henson was a wonderful man. I'm glad he helped you too.:jim:
Thank you so much bouncingbabyfig! (Can I say I love your user name? Cause I love it!) I can't wait to get to know more of you guys. Did I say that already? Oh well :wink: