New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

cjd874

Reaction score
Hi DancingQueen! Nice to meet you.
There are many, many people here who say that the "Mary had a bicycle" skit was one of my best skits of all time from SS. That one in particular was one of my favorites growing up, and it still is. Enjoy your stay at the forum. Just don't bang your head on the computer keyboard while you're typing. It hurts.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hello! I've been a big fan of the Muppets for as long as I can remember! To this day I'm terribly moved by "The Rainbow Connection" (Kermit's performance of it in either "The Muppet Movie" or "The Muppets" sends chills up my spine!), and never tire of any of the works of Jim Henson. I'm almost 25 years old, and I get the feeling if I haven't "outgrown" "Sesame Street" by now, I never will ;-). (My avatar comes from one of my very favorite sketches from SS!) As to my other interests and hobbies, I'm a collector of various obsolete video-related things (machines and software!), I'm in school hoping to eventually get a Masters in Social Work so I can be a therapist who works with kids, and yes, if you were wondering from my screen name, I am CRAZY about ABBA! LOL. I hope to start contributing to these boards soon because I love the Muppets, love talking about them, especially with people who know about them, and love just talking in general haha. So bye for now but you'll probably see lots of me on here soon!
Your avatar is amazing since it has Kermit (Jim Henson as the SS reporter and Don Music (Richard Hunt). Good times! The only thing kids always learn is never bang your head on the piano even if you cannot figure out how the song goes.

Oh BTW, I am muppetfan24/7, but you call me Colette. "Rainbow Coneection" was always my favorite song and it always brings backs memories.

Welcome to MC, DancingQueen. You goona love it.

Hubert

Reaction score
Hello to DancingQueen, Lizab, and anyone else I have not welcomed! Hope you enjoy it here! :smile:

bekkah

Reaction score
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!
hey there, my 2 1/2 yr old has fallin IN LOOOOVE!!! with the muppets and was asking me today if we could go inside the muppets studio, so what i'm wondering is... is muppet studio a real place where we could take a tour!?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
hey there, my 2 1/2 yr old has fallin IN LOOOOVE!!! with the muppets and was asking me today if we could go inside the muppets studio, so what i'm wondering is... is muppet studio a real place where we could take a tour!?
Good evening, bekkah! It's great to hear you for the first time. Muppet Central has a lot of Muppet stuff and it's a friendly social wemsite too. The more members we have, the more topics or new stuff will come up. This is so cool!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
The Muppet Studios you may be thinking of are the Jim Henson studios in California. They are not open to public tours, and you may have to call them to find out if you can set up a date. Hope you have a good time here! :smile:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
It's nice to meet you, bekkah. I'm sorry that the Muppets Studio isn't for the public. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Grifoshka

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Ann, I'm 20 and I'm from Russia. As a kid, I watched Ulitsa Sezam (Russian version of Sesame Street), but I really got into Muppets only recently, when I watched The Muppet Show, Muppet movies and Fraggle Rock.
I never was into puppetry myself (my raccoon hand puppet I got as a toddler doesn't count), but I've always admired puppeteers with their ability to create living characters from rags and felt.
I would really like to see the first two Muppet movies with a proper Russian translation, and I'll contribute to this if I have a chance. :smile:
My favorite Muppet movie is The Great Muppet Caper, and my favorite character is Wembley.
Since none of my friends share my interest in Muppets (as far as I know), I decided to join this forum. So... hi! :wink:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Ann, I'm 20 and I'm from Russia. As a kid, I watched Ulitsa Sezam (Russian version of Sesame Street), but I really got into Muppets only recently, when I watched The Muppet Show, Muppet movies and Fraggle Rock.
I never was into puppetry myself (my raccoon hand puppet I got as a toddler doesn't count), but I've always admired puppeteers with their ability to create living characters from rags and felt.
I would really like to see the first two Muppet movies with a proper Russian translation, and I'll contribute to this if I have a chance. :smile:
My favorite Muppet movie is The Great Muppet Caper, and my favorite character is Wembley.
Since none of my friends share my interest in Muppets (as far as I know), I decided to join this forum. So... hi! :wink:
Wow! A Russian Muppet fan!! You're real lucky that not many Russian people are interested in the Muppets as much as you. Greetings from the United States of America. I wished that the Muppet movies and Fraggle Rock were dubbed in Russian (not in "lektor" format). It's nice to meet you. I hope you have a wonderful time at Muppet Central! I hope you come back as much as the other members of the forum.

Hubert

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Bekkah! Glad to year that your child has come to love the Muppets. As the others have said, right now there doesn't seem to be much of a way to get tours of the Muppets Studios or Henson Studios. However, there are still a lot of fun places around the country with Muppety things to go to. Hope you enjoy the forum! :smile:

Hi Ann, welcome to the forum! I agree, puppeteers are amazingly talented in being able to bring characters to life. Hope you enjoy it here, you'll find lots of friends who share interest in the Muppets here. :smile: