New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Telekinesis

Reaction score
Hello. I just registered today but I've been reading for what seems like forever.

Beebers

Reaction score
Jinx said:
Greetings one and all!

I'm new to MC, but certainly not new to puppetry. I got my first puppet, an Oscar the Grouch, for Christmas when I was nine years old. That was thirty-one years ago!

In the intervening years, I've managed to add many diciplines to my performing repertoire, including acting, tap dancing, mime, opera, magic, juggling, directing, choreography and others. *whew* Jack-of-all-trades, master of none!

So obviously, theatre is my life, although I do have a "day job" as a graphic designer and production supervisor. I have had the opportunity to puppeteer Audrey II for three different productions of Little Shop of Horrors, which is quite an experience, let me tell you.

I look forward to getting to know you all better in the days to come.

Cheers!

Frank

How cool is this, welcome. And someone nearer my age, excellent. I'm older than you by six years. I love all the young'uns, but it's lonely here at the top. Of the age heap. How did you get that gig??? Audrey. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
Telekinesis said:
Hello. I just registered today but I've been reading for what seems like forever.

Yes, it's a condition known as Muppetcentralitis. We all have it in one form or another and there is no known cure. :cool:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Beebers said:
What? Strike a nerve? Hardly. It makes a great story, the rabies thing.

How did you jump from flu shots in Weird Diseases to here??

Don't worry about it, no nerves struck here. On to other things. This is too confusing. Let's leave this thread to the new folk.
aww but it's so much fun to mettle!!! I jump around a LOT.....and so does about everyone else here..... :stick_out_tongue:

Jinx

Reaction score
Beebers said:
How cool is this, welcome. And someone nearer my age, excellent. I'm older than you by six years. I love all the young'uns, but it's lonely here at the top. Of the age heap. How did you get that gig??? Audrey. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks, Beebers- I, too, love the young'uns, but occasionally its nice to commiserate with some one who's been around the block a time or two!

The first time I got the Audrey II gig was when I learned of a production and I basically went in and bulldozed my way in. I told the director that #1, she wouldn't find anyone more qualified than I to play the role, and #2, that she would not likely find anyone dumb enough to subject themselves to the torture of being inside 100+lbs of steel and foam! So I was precast before the show even went into production.

The second and third productions were done by people who had seen my work in the first one, and they sought me out. Its always nice to have people appreciate your hard work!

Cheers!

Frank

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i've been gone for awhile, but it seems like when i'm gone, like 20 new memembers pop up.....hmm..maybe i need to be here more...

ryan

thegreatgonzo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just registered today, this is the greatest website of the entire www.
Keep up the good work, pay a visit to my website please:
www.sitting-ducks.net when you got time.

My friends call me Gonzo :concern:, cos I am from out of space really.

cya in another post muppets

ravenfehr

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here.

Oh boy where to start. I've been a Muppets Fan since the first time I clobbered my brother when he tried to turn off Sesame Street. I love the Muppet Show and still rent the old episodes from the local video store. I love the musical numbers they did.

I've seen all the movies, all in the theatre, and have all the movies on tape. People look at me funny when I tell them Sweetums is my favorite. I found this board while looking for information on Fraggle Rock.

My daughter recently saw a small blurb on them while I was watching, "I love the 80's". She immediatly wanted to know what it was. I managed to find a sing a long tape at the Video store and am now on a mad hunt for actual episodes.

My daughter's four and I love being able to sit down and watch these classic shows and movies with her. We've watched the Muppets Christmas Carol seven times all ready and I'm sure we'll watch it more. I adore that movie and it still cracks me up even when I know all the lines.

My real name is Melissa, RavenFehr is my pen name, I'm a writer. (Raven is from Edgar Allen Poe, Fehr is from Oded Fehr LOL). I have my own website about him, and when I'm not taking care of that, I'm a housewife. Like I said my daughter is four and I'm happily married to my husband Nathan. We celebrated six years in August.

I look forward to looking around the board here and if you have anything I really need to know, please inform me, I've never been on this type of board. :stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, that's all I can think of to say. Thanks for listening. :smile:

BTW, how do I get a picture???

Beebers

Reaction score
Welcome.

For an avatar (picture) go over to the Muppet Central Feedback section and find the Need help with avatar thread, this will walk you through.

I found that the best way to become familiar with the tone of this site is to just read, read, read. I would visit old, lengthy threads, read the first and second pages and then the last page. The current threads, some are quite long and this is a good way to get used to them. Some are short enough to read through. Fun and Games can be a good way to start posting, if you're shy at all. Have fun!

Raisin

Reaction score
Well, hello! I guess I'm new. I used to be a member a few years back, but now I'm here again, and I really doubt that anyone is going to have remembered me.

For those who are interested, my real name is Jacki and I'm 17 years old, I live in Massachusetts. I am the resident Muppet fanatic in my house. I had a Muppet Christmas Marathon on saturday because I was really bored, and went through every Muppet Christmas special I have....which I think is just about everything.

My favorite show as a little kid was always Fraggle Rock....I LOVED it, and it greatly saddens me that so few of my friends ever even watched it.

I am horrible at these introduction thingies...but yeah, that's me.