New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hey! Yet another new person, yet not entirely new to the world of Muppets; I was watching Sesame Street when I was a young'un in the 80s, and watched for a while in more recent times to see what sorts of things today's youth (Man, I sound like an old fogey and I'm not even 30 yet! :big_grin: ) are getting from it. I remember old Sesame Street LIVE shows, as well. I also made a point of purchasing the first season of The Muppet Show on DVD.

Memories of old(ish) Sesame Street clips surface once in a while. I have to chuckle to myself when people get all up in arms over Cookie Monster's "new" eating habits, considering that "Hey Food" and "Healthy Food" have been around as long as I can remember. :big_grin:

Great to have you hear looking forword to posting with you this is a wonderful place to be .

Geppetto

Reaction score
Hallo everybuddy

Hi there!
I am a 26 year old puppet builder/puppeeter from Washington DC environs, now living in San Francisco and I've been and forever be enchanted with the muppets all my life, as have so many of the fans on this site. :smile:

It's been always my life's dream to work for the muppets, and have been slowly acquiring useful skills- sculpting, sewing, costume building. I finally took a class on puppet building and I felt I was home at last!!!!!! Since then I've been making and practicing working with puppets every day and have been loving every minute. :halo:

Could anyone give me any advice on how I should focus my energies to achieve my goal of working for the muppets? :confused: Should I work on building a portfolio of puppets, or concentrate on a couple of characters, start a puppet troupe...any advice would be most welcome!

Skye

Reaction score
Hey, welcome, Geppetto! I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure about your question... I'm not the best with advice like that, lol, but I just wanted to throw a welcome your way! I hope you find someone here who can help you out with that (perhaps you might find some advice or some helpful hints in the Puppetry section of this forum?), and I hope you have a wonderful time here! And the absolute best of luck to you with achieving your dream! :smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question either, Geppetto, but welcome to the forum :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am a 26 year old puppet builder/puppeeter from Washington DC environs, now living in San Francisco and I've been and forever be enchanted with the muppets all my life, as have so many of the fans on this site. :smile:

It's been always my life's dream to work for the muppets, and have been slowly acquiring useful skills- sculpting, sewing, costume building. I finally took a class on puppet building and I felt I was home at last!!!!!! Since then I've been making and practicing working with puppets every day and have been loving every minute. :halo:

Could anyone give me any advice on how I should focus my energies to achieve my goal of working for the muppets? :confused: Should I work on building a portfolio of puppets, or concentrate on a couple of characters, start a puppet troupe...any advice would be most welcome!

Geppetto so glad that you are here at the great muppet forum , i will be praying that you will get your dream of working for the muppets .
i am looking forword to posting with you .

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Hi there!

I guess you should just do what you feel is right to start out with.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi Geppetto! Welcome to Muppet Central! It's great that you're such a big fan of the Muppets! I think that is a great dream to have! I think those ideas are great ways on acheveing your goals of woring with the muppets one day! I think any one of those roads you take will lead you to working with then one of these days! Just remember to not never give up becaues that is the one way not to make it. I wish the best of luck!:smile:

gronny bird

Reaction score
Hello from new member Gronny Bird

I learned to read from Sesame Street, and now, so is my 1 1/2 year-old son, who loves Sesame Street as much as his dad.

He loves the songs, 'A cookie is a sometime food,' 'Do the fruit dance,' and 'Elmo's World.' Does anyone have these, and if so, can you please e-mail me them?

Thanks so much.

:confused: