New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I want to see Lost in Translation, along with a lot of other movies. I doubt I'll catch many of them before video, though.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really want to see Lost in Translation too--we missed it in the theaters, because we have a limited amount of movie-time, and we kept going out with people who didn't really want to see it. I've heard very good things, though, and I love Bill Murray. Good for him for snagging an Oscar nomination!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I thought I saw a commercial that said you can see it in theaters, and on DVD now. I don't know if that's right or not, though...

I would love to see it as well. I hope Bill gets the Oscar for it, just because I have no idea who else is nominated in that category. He also seems to deserve it.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
The other best actors are Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Jude Law, and Ben Kingsley. I'd sure like to see Bill Murray get it. Second would be Johnny.

Whatever

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
The other best actors are Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Jude Law, and Ben Kingsley. I'd sure like to see Bill Murray get it. Second would be Johnny.
I read that Johny did a REALLY good job of acting on that, since he is scared of heights. :eek: Imagine playing that role and being scared of heights! :eek:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
more than likely, the person who will get the oscar for best actor is sean penn. however, bill is also a very close second to getting it.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think it would be kinda cool if Bill got it, since he's done all these great movies for so many years and has never been recognized in this way before. It's a shame comedic actors don't tend to get rewarded by the Academy.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Seriously--why is dramatic acting more award-worthy than comedic acting? And why is "genre" television less award-worthy than other programs at the Emmy awards? Why did it take seven years for Star Trek TNG to pick up a best series nomination? And why hasn't Bill Murray been nominated for an Oscar before? Darn shame...