1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New movies coming out...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryhoyarbie, Apr 10, 2003.

1. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I kind of agree about Transformers--by the end of the film I was oddly satisfied, but I felt throughout that the Transformers, as I knew them, weren't really characters. They were big props. I liked Shia, and there's a lot I liked about the effects and action, but I would have liked to see the Transformers actually be characters. Also, I wish the designs had been a little more distinct from each other so that I could have told who was fighting whom during the action.

Still, though--seeing Optimus Prime transform in the real world? Worth my seven dollars. :super:
  2. Pork

Pork Active Member

I heard they were making Transformers into a trilogy? Am I correct?
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They at least are planning one sequal. i know that. But other than that, as long as they'll sell toys. Let's not forget what Transformers is really about.
  4. Pork

Pork Active Member

True. Unfortunatley lots of the toys that are coming out arn't as good as the old ones. But I suppose their aimed at a younger age group.

Some of the toys are still good. But it's difficult to find them in the shops. Well, near where I am anyway it is.
  5. Drtooth

I like the smaller ones, plus those 2 pack "Transformer Heroes" things as well.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

They should put out old style toys for the fans of the old show.
  7. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Have they done that already? I know they did it with He-Man a number of years ago, but I would love to see classic retro-Transformers again. I have no idea where mine are at the moment.
  8. Drtooth

I think they did for a time. At least an anniversary Optimus Prime was made, but it was really expensive.
  9. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yeah they did. It was UBER expensive. But hey. Fans will buy expensive stuff ><
  10. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Leatherheads looks funny. It stars George Clooney, John Krasinski (from The Office), Renee Zellweger and Jonathan Pryce. It's a comedy about professional football in the 1920s.

Clooney directed the film, and was one of its writers. Another writer is Clooney's frequent director, Steven Soderbergh.
  11. Drtooth

12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I really am interested in the new blackjack movie (thats funny because last time I posted in this forum I was interested in a Jack Black movie.)that is coming out. It is called 21
  13. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

Has anybody checked out the new trailer for The Incredible Hulk? It came on tonight on MTV, and it looks....:eek:

I'd check it out in HD! ;)
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Feels like a "Spidie" wanna-be to me.
  15. muppetwriter

Well, Spidey and the Hulk do come from the same comic book company, MARVEL. :)
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That's true. But Spider Man was so successful that it would make sense to go a slightly similar route. Just saying.
  17. muppetwriter

If The Incredible Hulk does that, then it's sure to be a better success than Ang Lee's 2003 movie. I mean, the Hulk looks SO much better in this film than he did in that. He looks more realistic rather than rubbery and Shrek-like in Ang's version.:p
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I tottaly agree with that!
  19. muppetwriter

20. wolfy

wolfy Member

My son watched the new Incredible Hulk trailer last night on MTV (I believe it might have been that, or it was online on MTV or something), but he's all excited about it. He said that it looks better than the first movie, and for this one to elicit excitement in him (he's done movie work and some television stuff before), it must be somewhat good.

I must admit that he is looking forward to two movies that are coming out.

The first is Iron Man (yeah, he thinks it looks great; I have my doubts), and the second is this new movie that Ben Stiller, Robert Downey, Jr. and Jack Black are making. I don't recall the name of it, but Downey's character is so much a method actor that he has plastic surgery and puts makeup all over his body so he can play a black man for a movie. Now that's a method actor!

wolfy