1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New movies coming out...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryhoyarbie, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yep, I remember that.
  2. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Yep. I still see these stickers. The local library has a number of used videotapes purchased from Blockbuster, with the reminder plastered on. The library itself has their own "please rewind" stickers as well.
  3. Winslow Leach

Yes, the John Rambo commercials are rather terrifying!:eek:

Wow, I didn't know about Hopkins playing Hitchcock. Interesting casting!
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

.... oh well. it is an original concept. I'll give it that. But still, yikes.
  5. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

more news:

The film will be directed by Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy, and is based on Hitchcock's life around the time he shot the 1960 classic Psycho, in which he leaned heavily on techniques he learned while working on his T.V. series. The film is said to be named after that series, Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Also, Helen Mirren will play Hitchcock's wife Alma Reville
  6. Winslow Leach

There's a great book called Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho. Perhaps this project will be based on that book? There are a lot of great behind the scenes stories and anecdotes...

I love how Hitch made "Psycho" as a response to the low-budget horror films being churned out at the time by studios such as Hammer and AIP, and by directors such as William Castle (called "the poor man's Hitchcock" by some). Hitch wondered what would happen if a director of his stature were to try his hand at a small, grimy little black and white horror flick (in contrast to the glossy, all-star fare he was known for). He used his television series crew to shoot the film, which was completed in about 35 days, a record for Hitch.
  7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Of course everyone already knows this, about the new Indiana Jones picture.

But I do have to say, Harrison Ford is looking old in the trailer.
  8. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Well, he is old. But I'll bet he can still kick all kinds of baddie bottom!

:super:
  9. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Okay here's some major news. The 80's cartoon G.I. Joe is being made into a live action film and so is the 70's live action show Land Of The Lost.

Both are going to come out in 2009 to a theater, who overcharges for a ticket and snacks, near you.

Looks like Hollywood land is running out of ideas, as they are now going for other cartoon shows and tv shows. I even read "The Jetsons" cartoon is being made into a live action movie.

Oh and Toy Story 3 is going to be out around 2010 too.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! While I think G.I Joe is a good Idea I do think there wearing thin in the creative aspect in a lot of ways.
  11. Drtooth

Live action Jetsons... they've been barking up that tree since 1996. It's NEVER going to happen. Never.
  12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Well if they ever do, Danny DeVito would be great as Mr. Spacely.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

The Jack Black Movie sounds hilarious
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You mean 'Be Kind, Rewind'?
  15. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again...Land Of The Lost should be made as a serious Sci-Fi movie true to the original series instead of a comical farce starring Will Ferrel, Whom by the way, I cannot stand. What's next..."LidsVille" starring Dave Chappelle?
  16. Drtooth

It can't be as dreadful as the 1990's version, anyway. The one that aired on ABC. Of course, I was never a big fan of the Krofft shows. I only saw some of them, and they were alright, but not my thing.
  17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I used to watch that show saturday mornings on ABC in the early 90's. That and The Real Ghostbusters.

I did see that the new movie is supposed to be comedy with Will Farrel as the lead role.

Could be as bad as that stupid Tranformers movie I finally saw last week for the first time.
  18. Drtooth

I have yet to see that, but I heard it almost evenly devided the fans. Some people thought the film was great, some felt it fell flat. I can't wait to see what happens with the G.I.Joe film. That's had problems all the way.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

20. Pork

Pork Active Member

Awww, I really liked the Transformers movie.