New movies coming out...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Finding Nemo is up against Brother Bear and another one I hadn't heard of in the Animated Feature category.
Erin
It's The Triplets of Bellville. I haven't seen it but the articles I've read about it make me realllllllly want to! But I doubt it will come to any theatres near me :frown: The animation style looks really unique, I really like the way it looks.

buckshot

Reaction score
sci-fi

"van helsing", "the chronicles of riddick", and "i, robot" are a few that i'm looking forward to seeing. i'm just glad that there's a few good-looking sci-fi movies coming out. it seems like there's been a sci-fi/horror drought lately. :smirk:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
It's The Triplets of Bellville. I haven't seen it but the articles I've read about it make me realllllllly want to! But I doubt it will come to any theatres near me :frown: The animation style looks really unique, I really like the way it looks.
That's right, that was the name. I noticed it also got nominated for Best Song; I was really surprised Brother Bear didn't score a nomination. They play that song constantly on the radio here. I've never heard "Into the West" on the radio, though I wish they would play it.
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I know Boober_Gorg has seen The Triplets of Belleville and he really liked it alot. I hadn't even heard about it until he told me. It sounds like it's pretty neat. I imagine I'll have to wait till it's released on video to see it.

It's rated PG-13, and you can visit their website at http://www.sonyclassics.com/triplets/

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Yay! Lord of the Rings got 11 Oscar nominations!! :big_grin: No acting nominationg, though. Joel Siegul was pretty disappointed. Oh, well, with so many great performances it's hard to pick one...
Erin
didn't i say on this board that there was no one that was going to get nominated for acting from lord of the rings..........

on a side note, cold mountain was not nominated for best picture this year. i happen to think it's probably the best movie this year. but i still haven't seen mystic river and lost in translation.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, Ian McKellan got nominated two years ago, so you never know. And with all the buzz around Astin, he at least had a ghost of a chance. I think all the acting in LotR was phenomenal. But I'm certainly not going to complain about 11 nominations! :big_grin:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
on a side note, it seems that sean austin is interested in directing the upcoming fantastic four movie. however, given his small list, if any list of directing, studio exectutives will probably go for a much more experienced director.

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I just saw Lost in Translation and I really really enjoyed it. Very well made, very funny, very touching, very interesting etc etc. Bill Murray did a wonderful job. THis is the first thing I've seen Scarlet Johansen do and she was equally great. I've become a fan. But LOTR still has my vote for best picture because it's the least the deserve after three such fabulous movies. :excited:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
lost in translation and mystic river are the two filns i currently want to see right now because they're both up for best picture. i always try to see the best picture nominated movies just to see if they're that good.

ryan