New Muppet lingerie and sleepwear for adults and teens

Luke

Reaction score
I see your point Matt and i feel your pain. The thing is character licensing on underwear and string bikinis is pretty tame and everyone is doing it nowdays. I think there have been some misconceptions - they are not making thongs, g-strings or any really adult style lingerie. I agree that it isnt the most appropriate thing for the Muppets to be doing but also it is a lot more harmless nowdays and our characters will just be following in the steps of other 'pop culture' icons. Besides i'm sure there must have been Muppet briefs out sometime over the past 25 years surely - can any collectables experts (Phil, Michael etc etc) honestly tell me they don't have a pair of Kermit Y-fronts in their underwear draws ?

I mean what about the Sesame Street Diapers, now i'm not poo pooing them but thats another idea i would have liked to see soiled before it moved into production.

matleo

Reaction score
You may be right about the misconceptions but I will refer back to my original point which was "that's a place I never thought I would see Kermit!!!" I was also a little taken aback when I saw those. When I first read about the idea I guess I was expecting it to be a pattern (which as I said probably wouldn't bother me as much) so I was little surprised to see Kermit Piggy, Fozzie...there!!! Not something I thought I'd ever see.

--Matt

uncleduke

Reaction score
As a parent, I would agree. I feel chidren are being sexualized at an earlier age than is at all acceptable. Look at the Business with the Thongs "Abercrombie and Fich" was marketing earlier.

>>>My girlfriend has a Betty Boop thong and Betty is positioned loud and proud right in the centre <<<<

Betty Boop was always a highly agresive sexual character, for adults in a time when adults went to movies, and these cartoons were shown between the Newsreel and the feature!

The muppets appeal to a more innocent nature, at least I would like to think so. Putting characters that appeal to children on this type of clothing is inappropriate. Like I said earlier, seeing my wife (whom I love dearly, and looks sexy in anything) wearing a muppet nightgown would do nothing, except make me go look for a book to read.

What's next, a Miss Piggy Diaphram? The Dr. Honeydew Home Pregnancy Test?

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I mean what about the Sesame Street Diapers, now i'm not poo pooing them but thats another idea i would have liked to see soiled before it moved into production.
LOL! Thats the funniest thing Ive read all day!!

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
Like I said earlier, seeing my wife (whom I love dearly, and looks sexy in anything) wearing a muppet nightgown would do nothing, except make me go look for a book to read.
Ah OK, It was you who said that. For some reason I thought it was Quinn. That's OK then, i've been a little hesitant to agree on thing with Quinn ever sine the whole Bunsen figure thread. :wink: JK, Quinn!

--Matt

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
What's next, a Miss Piggy Diaphram? The Dr. Honeydew Home Pregnancy Test?

Oooookay! This has gone WAY too far! I've been reading this thread for the last couple of days and the subject has gotten way out of hand!

First of all, as Luke said, there is no lingerie...so we can wipe that out! I think by lingerie they simply mean "assortment of styles of underwear" not lingerie as we adults imagine it.

Second, where else on a pair of underwear could Kermit be? There's really only two choices and on the particular style we have been shown so far, only one choice. And frankly, I don't know which position would be more preferable.

Third, if Kermit or the others were in suggestive poses or saying suggestive things in addition to being on the undies, THEN I could understand your position!!

Fourth, this is UNDERWEAR!! Not blow up dolls, massage oils, or anything else in that category! We all have parts that are covered up by underwear, we all wear underwear, we like the Muppets....

Personally, I think after years of seeing Looney Toons and Disney characters on women's undies it's time the Muppets made there mark!

And finally, I wouldn't care if my fiancee came to bed in Muppet, Disney, Looney Toon, Bullwinkle, Peanuts, or Smurf thongs...point is she's coming to bed in a thong! VA VA VOOM! :smile:
I'd forget about the book...but that's just me!

Bottom line...it's underwear...tell you what, when they use Gonzo's nose to design other "adult items" THEN I'll see your point and join the "hey, this isn't right!" club! But until then I think that seeing the Muppets on underwear is the same as seeing the Muppets on t-shirts and button downs....they're clothes!

I respect your opinion, but would hope you could try to see mine and say, "it could be better, but it could be worse!"

Just my opinion,
Jim

tomahawk

Reaction score
thank you link

i agree with you all the way. nothing wrong with the muppet underwear.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Re: thank you link

Originally posted by tomahawk
i agree with you all the way. nothing wrong with the muppet underwear.
Sounds like it will be abundant. Many of the people who seem to post here aren't gonna buy it.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Link Hogthrob

First of all, as Luke said, there is no lingerie...so we can wipe that out!
Yes, but the press release says...

" In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of The Muppet Show....The lingerie line for Fall includes boy-cut briefs, string bikinis and underwear sets...
A second wave of merchandise featuring both women and men?s intimate apparel will come in upcoming months."

Originally posted by Link Hogthrob
I respect your opinion, but would hope you could try to see mine and say, "it could be better, but it could be worse!"
Appreciated, I just get annoyed because this is being targeted for kids and teens. You comment about the T-Shirts, well I wear a T-hirt to advertise my love of something and for others to see it.

You make good points, I think Muppet Boxers are one thing. Lingerie, G-Strings and Intimate apparel are another.