New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
So, Tina Fey, Ricky Gervais, Usher, Christoph Waltz, and Tom Hiddleston. Already, the cameo list is much more impressive than SELENA GOMEZ. I'm quite happy about this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, Tina Fey, Ricky Gervais, Usher, Christoph Waltz, and Tom Hiddleston. Already, the cameo list is much more impressive than SELENA GOMEZ. I'm quite happy about this.
Selena Gomez was a contractual obligation enforced by Disney. You have to hand it to the writers for giving her a backhanded line, "My manager told me to be here."

That is, without a doubt, the most backhanded cameo since Michael Jordan in Looney Tunes Back in Action.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Selena Gomez was a contractual obligation enforced by Disney. You have to hand it to the writers for giving her a backhanded line, "My manager told me to be here."

That is, without a doubt, the most backhanded cameo since Michael Jordan in Looney Tunes Back in Action.
I liked what the writers did with it. I don't like Disney's decision to force a starlet with dubious talent down people's throat, especially when the Muppets are traditionally of a higher caliber.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll take Selena Gomez over Rob Schnider. But yeah, Disney kinda forced her way in there. Luckily it was brief. I'm sure other studios would have done the same thing anyway. Had Universal produced the movie, they'd have had nothing but NBC celebrities and forced references to NBC programs. They're freaking terrible at it. I especially love how ABC got the rights to show the movie on television, and they had to digitally remove the NBC logo from the Jumbotron from Time Square. Actually improved the movie without the gratuitous vertical integration.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I love the fact that the Chef and Rowlf are right there with the others. I'm glad we're seeing more of those characters. Though, they're both Bill Barretta characters, so I guess they'll be dubbed later if both of them have a speaking role in this scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.