New Sababa Plush Sets including The Electric Mayhem Band

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
*Raises both hands and waves them wildly.*

From what I know where I am, they stink big time--I will always say so and will always believe it. They may have done good in Europe, but NEVER here!

DOWN WITH EM.TV!! DOWN WITH...wait, they are down.

*Kicks them while they're down.*

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
The 18 inch versions that are in some Hot Topic stores are made by Sababa. They have Sababa tags on them. I agree that some of them are nearly-identical to their Igel/Catric counterparts.
Nearly identical is generous at best. I assumed Sababa just bought the patterns at an auction or something.
Kind of like all the old Aurora Model Kits you see being released by Monogram.....

They are indeed at Hot Topic - I bought them there a couple of weeks ago - they are also at Spencer Gifts!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
How expensive were they? Were Bunsen and Beaker sold seperately? Igel and Jr Toys weren't that great about packaging and pricing.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i take it some kinda deal has gone on because they are 100% identical at least to the newest ones we had here - if a company goes bankrupt obviously the liquidators sell off all the stock so yeah maybe that goes for patterns and things too.

The 18" Catric's and smaller versions of the main characters have all been reduced right down here the last few weeks as they didn't sell very well, i think some of the Muppet figures bombed too so they didn't bother getting the future waves in.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
With the reasonably priced Palisades figures, I don't think there was much of a need for things like those inferior PVCs on PB Toys website. Which figures were from Catric/Igel? PB keeps sending me annoying newsletters in German but has almost nothing in their store.

Speaking of other products, it's a week into June and I haven't heard word one about the Series 3 busts I ordered directly from Sideshow. :mad:

Luke

Reaction score
The PVC figures i saw from Catric/Igel were on keychains - Piggy on an inner tube, Rizzo on a crate and Kermit in the swamp i think. They were ok i guess. I think there are more out without the keychains but we don't have them here.

The figures that seemed to bomb in Virgin were the Palisades ones. Too overpriced for the non-fan browsers, just like the large plushes. The cheaper small mini plushes seemed to go well though and they ran that free Kermit plush promotion. You are right about Piggy sales FB, everything 'Muppets' i see around here the Piggy stuff is always left behind much much longer than any other character.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
How expensive were they? Were Bunsen and Beaker sold seperately? Igel and Jr Toys weren't that great about packaging and pricing.
Hi Jamie,
I have seen them at Hot Topic as well, but they don't have all of them. They just have the 18 inch Beaker, Gozno, and Animal. They were each 20 bucks.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know, I never liked the Kermit Collection label because it unnecessarily separated him from the Muppet gang. However, more specialty Miss Piggy items should come out under the Miss Piggy Collection label. Her market is mainly hard-core fans, girls and gays. Promoting her items under a separate label and packaging would probably help move more units. That and if they could make a decent plush. :mad:

I don't mean the Palisades' figures. Those probably would need the same label. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, those electric mayhem plushies...never thought I'd see the day...the dream of glorious Muppet merch is drawing near indeed.