New Sababa Plush Sets including The Electric Mayhem Band

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

I knew, I just thought maybe Sababa took Catric's stuff.

Like Cartic took IGEL's stuff.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why do people get so weirded by Janice's shoes all the time? That's how they look in many pics. Most of what is being considered feet is just platform-type shoes. :flirt:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Luke,

Originally posted by Warrick
I knew, I just thought maybe Sababa took Catric's stuff.
Like Cartic took IGEL's stuff.
Ah right, should have known they can't fool you Warrick ! LOL ! Yeah i did some research and found Catric have gone bankrupt so maybe you are right.

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Gosh. Am I the only one who doesn't think these are attractive at all? Floyd, Dr. Teeth, and Bunsen in particular look rather laughably bad to me. (And notice how they spell "Beeker"'s name.) Unlike the Palisades figures or the Sideshow busts, which are spot-on, these likenesses seem very warped to me. I hope these look better in person.

Oh, well, just stating my opinion. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. People excited about new Muppet product is always a good thing!
I agree! It's nice to have the EM finally out, but we've waited 26/27 years for this?? :boo:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
although about the Janice doll, it's too bad they didn't have her face more detailed like her mouth then just lips.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 18 inch versions that are in some Hot Topic stores are made by Sababa. They have Sababa tags on them. I agree that some of them are nearly-identical to their Igel/Catric counterparts.

Keep in mind that Igel changed their name to Catric. So when Catric went bankrupt, so did Igel since they are one and the same.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Keep in mind that Igel changed their name to Catric. So when Catric went bankrupt, so did Igel since they are one and the same.
Thanks, so the 18" are Sababa but are more or less exact copies of the Catrics we have here already now. Wierd ! LOL ! Phillip - do you know when Catric actually went bankrupt ? We were getting new versions of the Catric plushes over here arriving in stores upto about two months ago and they are still on the shelves now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It happened around last fall I think. Igel was renamed to Catric last Spring (2002). EM.TV sold their 2/3's ownership of Igel in 2001.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
EM.TV heads its ugly rear...um...rears its ugly head once more in a company's down-fall. :rolleyes:

Luke

Reaction score
Yikes, last fall ? Tons of their products have only just shown up here very recently. I remember posting about the keychains (piggy on an inner tube, rizzo on a crate) that were new here. I guess maybe some other company has been hired to shift their bankrupt stock and lots of our stores has taken it.