1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Sababa Plush Sets including The Electric Mayhem Band

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 29, 2003.

1. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

You know what's funny? well actualy it's not funny at all but "I think" Sababa has been making some small run muppet dolls for about a year now. anyone remeber that animal pulsh in a tux? or a VERY ugly Fozzie Christmas doll? as well as I have seen valentine Kermit dolls (at flea markets or e-bay) with the same kinda Sababa tag, I think that Kermit in the carrot plush is part of this too. I could be wrong but i remember that simaler looking tag.
  2. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Those are the Nanco plushes they have the same kind of tag as Sababa plushes. I have alot of the Nanco ones that I have won out of those claw machines.
  3. Zack the Dog

oh yeah? make sence. They must have changed the old tag with the top of Kermits face to this new Muppet show style one.

Thanks for that info!

Zack,
  4. Wocka Wocka

Wocka Wocka New Member

The 18 inch sababa plushes are pretty fantastic, even if they are just leftover stock from the previous company. Gonzo especially is great looking, i think. Not having the Igel/Catric plushes, i plan to get all 7 sababa. Has anyone seen either Miss Piggy or Bunsen in Hot Topic, Spencer's or any other stores? :mad: :confused: Perhaps those two can only be ordered off of wickedcoolstuff.com...

Matt
  5. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

Did anyone notice where Floyd's left hand is in the photo of the Electric Mayhem set? :flirt:
  6. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

This was my reaction to this:
    :confused: :eek: :D
  7. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

I picked up the Beaker & Rizzo plushes at Media Play, along with the Muppets Monopoly, a Muppet Show lunch box, and some playing cards last week. Both Beaker & Rizzo are fantastic! They also had Bunsen & Gonzo, who I thought were good, but not great.

I'm still waiting to pick up that Electric Mayhem set though!
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who isn't ungreatful that we are seeing Dr. Teeth et al in plush form for the first time ever?

I mean, we've seen mostly Kermit/Piggy/Animal/Gonzo and sometimes Fozzie for years, now it's time for Bunsen, Beaker, The rest of the Mayhem, Rizzo, Pepe, Chef and the rest to have their turn.

When I saw the Mayhem pic, style be ^%$#ed, I was crying because I had no money. I simply MUST have them!

Out of the larger ones, we do need to see Dr. Teeth, Sam, Rowlf (hopefully as Dr. Bob), Chef, and Pepe among others.

But My concern is I like the Shape of the Naanco Bunsen's head better than the Sabba. Saw a whole bunch of them in a crane machine... wish I could've smashed it open and just payed for the machine (they had ALF, Elmo, Big Bird and Ernie too!)

But no matter how weird the mayhem may look, it's a better sight than those &^%$ Nanco Piggy's!
  9. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

On the back of the Electric Mayhem plush set, it says that thet will have sets of Pigs in Space and Vets Hospital coming soon. :D
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yup. And Fraggle plushes are coming to Hot Topic next year. :excited:

It's going to get so crowded at my place. :eek:
  11. HerryGrail

HerryGrail Member

Just picked up the Mayhem set at a Hot Topic in Jacksonville (when they see a 40-year-old in business attire at the checkout, they have to feel they're losing their edge). They're a little smaller and more claw-machine than I imagined (though the Nanco Fozzie I won a few weeks ago is one of the best I've seen...detailed open mouth and everything!), but they're still great. I'm not sorry they're missing their instruments, which would likely be hardened felt that would be crinkled and folded in transit.

The three sets they had were very different from each other; there was a lot of variation in the distance between Janice's mouth and eye decals, for example. I think that's why so many people are finding them "ugly"...hold out for a good set!

The set I settled on was pretty easy to pick...unlike the others, Dr. Teeth's nose stuck straight out, and Janice's eyes and mouth matched well. The only problem was that one of Floyd's eyes was squished a bit, but I've brought in the paper-clip brigade to straighten them out for a few days!

A great set...but we need a matching Animal!
  12. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Augh, you got the plush Mayhem? Luckyyyyy! Did they recently come to Hot Topic or something? Cause everytime I go to the mall, I check Hot Topic, and they're never there. Or did they only came to certain Hot Topics, for some weird reason, or maybe I can be order 'em online... *rubs hands together deviously*

Did this post even have a point? Meh...
  13. Thog

Thog New Member

I got mine yesterday at SunCoast. They also have the new tv trays and the other new sababa plush.
  14. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

ooh... maybe I can get my mom or brother to take me to Suncoast. I rully need to learn how to drive.
  15. HerryGrail

HerryGrail Member

I've been checking...they just got to our Hot Topic, and the rest of the new merchandise has come to Suncoast (fortunately both are right across from each other). In fact, most everything seems to have just hit, including the new Simpsons stuff as well. So check (or call) as much as you can, especially this weekend!
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm SHOCKED that Newburry Comics doesn't have them yet, aren't you?
  17. Zack the Dog

Media play!!!!! yaaaaa! Media Play had the EM set! the Kermit and Piggy set! the Toga Animal and bule hooded Fozzie set! all four car toppers and the Muppet tin tray plus alot of other stuff they have had for a while now!

I got the EM, cartoppers and tin tray! what a Muppet mother load! Hopefuly they will get the Statler and Waldorf set too!

oh and it's better to buy the EM at Media Play as it's cheeper there as I also saw it at Hot Topic too, but it cost more just like the other sabba plush.

here's another tip, buy John Denver and the Muppets RMH DVD at Media play as it's the cheepest price place I saw it, and I got mine at Walmart :mad:
  18. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I saw them at Media Play today too--And I like them a lot.

I *AM* bugged that they went through all the trouble of making Zoot, Janice, Floyd, and Dr. Teeth, but didn't include ANIMAL. The most marketed of EM members, and they didn't just toss him in? AARRGH!!!

Because of that little oversight, I'm passing on the EM plushes.

But that Toga Animal is sah-wheet. I'll be buying him fer sure.

And Hoodie Fozzie, by default.

The other Sababas...Stat/Wald look too pimpy, and Piggy looks too hoochie...but I like the (incomplete) Mayhem and Toga Animal.

Car toppers--cute, but too cartoony.

Haven't seen the tin goods yet.

The Palisades PVCs were there too. BIG. SOOOO BIG.

:excited:
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

There are so many animal beans floating around from various companies that would easily fit into the set. That's what I'm going to do. :halo:

Haven't received the minis yet, but I am excited.
  20. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

For my sister's b-day today, my parents get me a little something too and vice versa on my b-day, and they got me the Electric Mayhem set! I'm sooooo happy, they're sooo cool! :D :sing: :flirt: :cool:

Actually, in a way I'm kind of glad that Animal didn't come with the set, 'cause that means that it's just the more obscure characters from EM, although it woulda been nice if they had the complete band too :halo: