New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Hmm. Secretive product placement that they don't think big fans like us will notice? Good call on that, Tooth!!
Not that I'm complaining. I LOOOOOVED ENG!!! One of the best Diz films in years! Of course, King Pranw could have made a mistake. But I can't tell for sure, I'd need to see a screen shot, or buy this when I have a DVD player.

But if they used Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet.. I'd be ticked...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Technically, Woody Woodpecker didn't exist in 1947 either, but Zemekis used him because he was his fave character. Woody also looked much different when he started out too. Just a fun fact. I kind of see cartoons as timeless. Maybe they just sit around until a cartoonist wants to use them. LOL!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's the way I look at it, Froggy; cartoon characters just wait until their necessity comes along.

Actually, Woody Woodpecker was around ToonTown for YEARS and YEARS before he broke into film. He was in the lumber career.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup. I think it's terrible how the press glosses over the real story.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
That's the way I look at it, Froggy; cartoon characters just wait until their necessity comes along.
Well, according to the Lilo and Stitch DVD, Stitch was with the studio from the begining but no one knew what to do with him yet.

(Jamie's cels)
I guess the shading of the toons was applied to the film insted of the cel itself.

Crazy:crazy:Chris

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You think the press glosses anything over? You should hear the REAL story behind Betty Boop and that little dog!!

:eek: :excited:

:flirt:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Hi Jamie,

I checked the clevage-dollar thing and it ain't there on the enthusiast DVD, he does slap her *** as she leaves which is also on the family friendly one.

To be honest i watched the ff version and then the enthusiast version one after another and i didn't see much differences.

hope this helps:smile:

King Prawn

Reaction score
The king from ENG is there, no mistake, he's on the main menu for the Enthusiast DVD, he appears dancing across the screen. When if first saw him i was a little excited and though Aladdin might fly by on his carper on Simba might run by, but what what i remember he's the only character not in the actual movie to pass by.

I'm gonna put the DVD on a moment and list all the characters to pass by...

Cartoon shoes
Unknown Character (also appears in the movie, he's short, wears a tuxedo hasa red nose, ring a bell to anyone?)
Jessica Rabbit
Big Faced Pig
Pluto
Pete's Dragon
ENG
Cartoon Queen with Pram
Fantaisa Brooms
Black Lambs
dumbo

that's all, now i'm of to see Ghost Ship

PS. It's times like this i wish the Muppets were animated, we might have gotton Muppets & Roger Rabbit, how cool would that be?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
King Prawn

Thanks for checking. The Sotheby's auction catalog contains cels from deleted scenes and that was one of them that were apparently deleted to avoid a PG-13 rating. Oh, well.

Chris-

Yup. ILM created the shadows and the sequin FX on Jessica's dress. In order for the characters to seamlessly integrate into the human world, they had to have human-like shadows. That is part of what was missing in such techniques before Roger. There are amazing details in the paint aps. Jessica's lips have several subtle shades on them and many new paint colors were created for this production. So, they didn't really skimp on quality at all. Just used a different method. I believe this will be discussed on the featurette.

What makes this film so amazing is that it was one of the last great traditionally inked and painted cel-animated feature films from Disney. The Little Mermaid was officially the last one, I think.
:zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You think the press glosses anything over? You should hear the REAL story behind Betty Boop and that little dog!!
B-but Betty Boop WAS a dog to begin with!!!!!!

As for ENG being in there... wild... cosmic!:rolleyes: :confused: :zany: